Nature & parks in Inari
Top Parks & Nature Attractions in Inari, Finland
Nature & Parks in Inari
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Top-Rated Outdoor Activities (6)
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- we visited in Dec so it was frozen & covered in snow but this just brings a different kind of beauty and opportunities to the place. I would think its also amazing in summer for whole different reasonsWritten 5 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we just did parts of this, both at night & in the day, though mostly when out looking at Northern lights. Very well managed & fairly easy to navigate even in the snowWritten 5 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jäniskoski Rapids and Ritakoski Rapids are the most beautiful rapids in Inari, I think. Jäniskoski Rapids are easily accessible. Just drive to the parking place of Kittilä Road (address Kittiläntie 156) and walk a couple of hundred meters. The trail is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs, too. There is also an accessible suspension bridge over River Juutua (Juutuanjoki) and Jäniskoski Rapids.
We didn't drive to Jäniskoski Rapids. They are situated along the circle hiking trail named Juutua Trail (Juutuan polku). We walked along Juutua Trail from the center of Inari (Tradition Hotel Kultahovi). The total length of Juutua Trail is 5.8 kilometers but we chose the more challenging side path from Jäniskoski Rapids to Otsamo Fell. View was absolutely stunning there. Read separate Tripadvisor reviews about Otsamo Fell.
Jäniskoski Rapids are a very nice place to relax. It is wonderful to watch and listen to the rapids. There is also a good campfire site next to the rapids. View is very beautiful from there, too.
The Finnish word jänis means a hare and koski means rapids. So literally the name is Hare Rapids. It is because the crests of whitewater are like hares running around in the dark.Written 28 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely great combination of sightseeing, souvenir shop and good restaurant.
Parking area and services are just by the road (E75) half way between Ivalo and Inari.
First you can take short stair trail (470 steps, 400m) to nice large stone cave covered empty by ice.
At the bottom of stairs right by the parking place is located the gift shop and restaurant.
Gift shop is large, nice and quite reasonable priced.
The restaurant is excellent having very nice and helpful employees. Salomon soup, sautéed reindeer and grilled sandwich were our choices for our four person family. Portions were well sized, very tasty and priced as normal not with tourist extras :).
I strongly recommend to visit at least for seeing the place and having cup of coffee!Written 26 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Inari
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Inari:
- Private Aurora Tour (5 or more) by Aurora Experts - Inari-Saariselkä
- Ice Fishing Trip at Lake Inari
- 4 Nights Lapland 2023 Full Inclusive
- Aurora Adventure and Home Visit
- Private Aurora Tour (1-4) by Aurora Experts - Inari-Saariselkä
- These places are best for nature & parks in Inari:See more nature & parks in Inari on Tripadvisor