Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Kenkävero is an interesting complex which consists of a free garden, some boutiques, the Cudgel War memorial, Santa's summertime hideaway, a restaurant and a lakeside cafe. Santa's summertime hideaway was a flop, just a small cottage and no Santa himself anywhere. But I loved boutiques and the beautiful garden. There were also some sheep and chickens in the garden. And my absolute favorite was the lakeside cafe (Rantakahvila or Rantapaviljonki). The interior was very stylish and they had a nice summer terrace, too. My smoothie and cheese cake were very delicious.Written 16 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mikkeli Cathedral was built in 1896–1897 in the Gothic Revival style. The bell tower is very high.
The interior is also strikingly beautiful. The big organ was built in 1956 by Kangasala Organ Factory. The altar painting "Crucified" was made by a known Finnish painter Pekka Halonen in 1899.Written 21 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of great persons in the history of Finland. Commander of army, president, explorer, power figure. Army headquarters have been located in Mikkeli for ages so there is an extra meaning for him in Mikkeli.Written 22 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can find this carriage next to the Mikkeli railway station.
Marshal Mannerheim and his personnel used this 1930-built carriage in 1939-1946.
The saloon car is open to the public once a year, on June 4. The day is both Mannerheim’s birthday and the Day of Finnish Defence’s Force.
At other times, you can watch through the windows.Written 21 July 2021
- It looks like a forest from a fairytale. Sometimes it's a bit dangerous to ascend or descend, if you have little kids I think. You have a long and a shorter tour to walk.Written 23 September 2019
- We are staying in town at the Sokos hotel and decided to walk a couple blocks to the center of town and discovered the market in full swing on a Sunday afternoon. There were tons of people and tons of items for purchase as well as a band and tons of great food to be eaten.Written 4 June 2017
- This shopping center is very centrally located next to the marketplace. Here you can find many shops, cafes, and restaurants.
The market hall and Sokos department store are located here. On the ground floor, you can find an S-market grocery store.Written 21 July 2021