- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Headquarters Museum is now part of the Muisti Centre of War and Peace. On 4.6.2021, the birthday of Marshal Mannerheim, the new museum was opened. There are still some teething problems. On our visit, the air conditioning was working poorly and we had a sweaty quick visit. We didn't want to queue at several VR stations.
The headquarters were located in a primary school that was opened as a museum in 1974. On the first floor of the building is Mannerheim’s modest workspace, a former teachers’ room. Marshal's glasses are left on the chief's desk. The wall clock shows the time of Mannerheim's death. Upstairs is an operational department with maps.Written 21 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Don't let the old building fool you, the museum is really worth visiting if you are interested in history and especially ww2. It has good displays about the Finnish civil war as well as the ww2 in Finland. In another building there are some special displays about UN troops etc.Written 23 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can find this carriage next to the Mikkeli railway station.
Marshal Mannerheim and his personnel used this 1930-built carriage in 1939-1946.
The saloon car is open to the public once a year, on June 4. The day is both Mannerheim’s birthday and the Day of Finnish Defence’s Force.
At other times, you can watch through the windows.Written 21 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum is apiece of WW2 history. The idea of restoring the military communication centre in the middle of the city and near the headquarters is very special. It was totally ruined, but now restored in its original condition. The guide new everything of the history of telecommunication during the WW2. The ancient apparatus, some of them very rare ones are restored and the history becomes almost alive. The ladies and gentlemen who worked in these conditions during the war must be appreciated.Written 13 May 2019
- This small gallery is located in a cowshed near Kyyhkylä rehabilitation Centre, just some kilometres from the City Centre. It is quite near the Gof Court. There are also a couple of restaurants in the area. The pieces of art are created by do-it-yourself principles and they are touching, funny and cute. The made me happy. This place is worth visitingWritten 5 June 2019
- Mikkeli Centre of Photography is an art centre and museum, specializing in art photography.
The centre is located in a beautiful wooden heritage building at the university campus of Mikkeli, a short walk from the cathedral.
On our visit, there was an exhibition 'Lake Saimaa in My Heart'. It was quite a small exhibition displaying charming old photos from Lake Saimaa.Written 21 July 2021
- Since June 2019, this art museum has been at a temporary location on the 2nd floor of the Akseli shopping center.
I am sure the exhibition in the permanent location has much more to offer.Written 21 July 2021
- This Mikkeli's museum of cultural history exhibits the history of Mikkeli and its region.
The museum is located in a stone building completed in 1848.
The museum's permanent exhibition presents the peasant culture of South Savo, as well as the history of the city of Mikkeli.Written 21 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Mikkeli
- These are the best places for budget-friendly museums in Mikkeli:See more budget-friendly museums in Mikkeli on Tripadvisor