Nature & Wildlife Areas • Observation Decks & Towers
82 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The tower offers stunning 360 degree views of the surrounding countryside and cost 8 Euro for entrance. It really helps to appreciate why Finland is sometimes referred to as the land of lakes and forest.Written 2 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When you visit Kuopio doesn’t miss RIISA- the Finnish Orthodox Church Museum, which shows items and icons from many monasteries from Finland and Russia, if you are interested in church history. It is little outside the city center, so it can be difficult to find. Many maybe think it is little odd museum, but I think it is a part of Finnish history. I liked the museum. RIISA - The Orthodox Church Museum of Finland is a nationally, internationally and regionally significant specialty museum. The museum was founded in Kuopio in 1957. The museum continues the activities of the Ancient Monument Collection, founded in 1911 at the Valamo Monastery. The Church Museum is managed by the Foundation of the Finnish Orthodox Church Museum .RIISA's mission is to record, preserve, study and exhibit the unique cultural heritage related to the history of the Finnish Orthodox Church and to utilize it for educational and teaching purposes.Written 29 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is fantastic for us born in the 1960s who still remember these views from their homes or grandparents'. The changing expo was about local football clubs (or soccer clubs as our friends in the US of A says it) and it was great! The best experience was with artist Matti Mattsson at his art work room: he was there in person to talk about his past, current and future projects. He uses recycled materials in his art work. Very inspiring!Written 7 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice place to walk or just relax. Situated in a walking distance from the center of Kuopio. Especially at summer the scenery is beautiful. There is also a very nice playground for kids.Written 1 August 2023
- What a wonderful place, fantastic range of shops and products, especially the range of food.
We bought flowers there and we received excellent service and got a very stunning flower arrangement.
It is a cute building that is deceptively large inside.
Highly recommend visiting and taking time to check out the treats inside.Written 9 November 2022
- The building is charming and looks like a castle from outdoors. I love it :) This time I enjoyed the best the Wildlife photographer of the year 2022 expo. That was amazing. I especially loved the polar bear pics.Written 7 August 2023
- I like shopping at Matkus. It is nice to have all the shops under the same roof, with nice eating places and big grocery store and even IKEA. There is definitely something for everyone!Written 26 March 2019
- Passed this little church on my way towards the lake Kallavesi. A bright autumn day added a little extra visually.Written 26 September 2020
- This absolutely the most beautiful road in Finland. It starts from little out of the city of Kuopio and it continues all the way to Petonen area. It goes via beautiful lakes and islands. It looks gorgeous in summer and also in winter.Written 19 August 2018
- This museum contains a collection of old cars, motorbikes, and motoring-related gadgets, for example taxi meters and license plates.
The entrance fee is 4 euros. The tickets are bought from the museum cafe.Written 29 September 2019
- Väinölänniemi, more commonly known as Vänäri, is a park and sports area right next to the center of Kuopio. This lovely area was located next to our hotel Scandic Kuopio and could be seen from our room balcony.
Surrounded by Kallavesi, Väinölänniemi is one of the oldest and most famous city parks in Kuopio. Väinölänniemi is home to Kuopio's most popular beach with palm trees and jumping towers.
All kinds of exercise and sports belong to Väinölänniemi. In addition to the athletics and football stadium, Vänäri also has fields for playing tennis, basketball, beach volleyball, and the popular padel.
A lovely beach promenade runs along the shores of Väinölänniemi, which is suitable for walking and cycling. Along the way, there are three gazebos where you can stop to rest and admire the surrounding lake scenery.Written 22 July 2021
- VB is an abbreviation from Victor Barsokevitsch. He was a photographer in Kuopio who was one of the best-known photographers in Finland in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
His photoshop was destroyed by fire in 1893, but a new building was built on what is now the VB Photographic Center.
On our visit, there was an exhibition called 'Icons - An Exhibition about the Right to Exist'. It presented interesting portraits of famous icons and archetypes.Written 29 September 2019
- Kuopio Art Museum is the heart of art in the centre of Kuopio, only a short distance from the Market Place. Kuopio Art Museum has operated since 1980 in an Art Nouveau building originally built as a bank in 1904. Now they have an interesting LEONARDO DA VINCI 3D exhibition. L3DNARDO DA VINCI is a celebration of science, art, music and imagery. The exhibition conveys the story of this great artist and scientist in an unprecedented way, combining augmented reality, holograms and immersive storytelling. Leonardo’s paintings, flying machines, imaginative war machines, drawings, notes – and much, much more are on display at the exhibition. A very interesting exhibition. They own collection is on display upstairs.Written 18 August 2021
- Kuopio has its lakeside location on the shores of Kallavesi. There is a harbor for lake traffic.
The harbor with its restaurants is at its best during the summertime. On our visit in September, it was already quite dead.
During the summer, you can enjoy a cruise on a passenger steamer departing from the harbor.Written 29 September 2019
- Old church. This is called the Dome here. Quite impressive stone work in the middle of the city and short walk from the central market placeWritten 30 June 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuopio
Kuopio Attractions Information