37 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 37
What travellers are saying
- We spent ten days here in Golden Beach from the 14th to 25th June, we stayed at Emerald Studios.
It was a bit of a trip down memory lane for us as this was the first time that we were back in Thassos on holiday in fifteen years.
There were some definite changes from when we were last here. Then there were a few random people renting out sunbeds and umbrellas and the young doughnut man walked the beach selling his wares.
Now the beach, with it's golden sand which stretches for three kilometres along the coast, is now densely popupulated with the trappings of tourism.
Seafront Tavernas, restaurants and bars have tables & chairs, sunbeds, loungers, cabanas and umbrellas spread out across the sand for the use of their customers.
There are also various water sport activities along the beach as well as giant inflatables, weather permitting.
There is still ample space for visitors and holidaymakers to spread out the beach mats and towels and enjoy the beach.
The beach lies in a picturesque bay with the harbour of Skala Panagia at one end and the Skala Potamias at the other. We walked the beach in both directions, interesting experiences
There is an impressive backdrop with Mount Ipsarion, the highest point on the Island, behind it. The golden sands are washed by the shallow waters of the Aegean Sea.Written 14 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- + mellow and undisturbing music
+ good seawater quality
+ nice sunbeds on the upper wooden deck
+ excellent views with some distant islands; better than looking into an empty sea
- why would you charge 50c for a shower?
- /+ kitchen can be much improved but still good for small staff. Self-service.
- camouflage tent is inadequate to protect from the sun in the afternoon
- no sunset as it faces eastWritten 10 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great customer service, free sunbeds, anyway you order a lot of things from the bar, the souvlaki is very tasty and the strawberries daikiri is awesome.Written 13 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went the beach a few times 6 euros for the beds and a bar with food not bad prices but you add in the cost of sunbeds and it adds upWritten 26 September 2019
- Fantastic beach but be wary of the rip off taverna (first one as you go down the path which says beach this way). They ask you for 30 euro to cover sunbeds which you can use as credit in the taverna. Food poor and prices high. Only interested in getting money from you.
Toilets very poor as well.
Avoid this taverna. Continue on the path to other tavernas.
The beach is well worth a visit.Written 7 June 2023
- The beach is wonderful the added value is that in both beach bars the waiters are so polite! The sea is blue and clean!Written 11 August 2021
- Very good beach nice beach bar. No so good coffee. … but ok . Cold beer. Good service but little slowWritten 26 July 2023
- This beach was in a very attractive location but it was rather too developed for our liking. We didn't stay thereWritten 24 September 2022
- Perfectly organized beach. Comfortable beds. Friendly stuff. Whenever we wanted to order there was a friendly man who was always there. The fruit salad was perfect and big for its price. We recommend.Written 26 July 2023
- Nice water and too crowded, although it's a cloudy day.
The personal is nice and for an umbrella you only need to order something from the bar/restaurant
The view is prettyWritten 26 August 2022
- The beach isn't very big but it has a lot of trees, so it is perfect for the people who likes shadow.
We stayed on the left side of it, near a restaurant.
We didn't had to pay for sunbeds but we had to take something from the bar.
It have fine sand but the water on this part of the island is dirty.Written 6 July 2020
- Despite the unexpected weather conditions we encountered, It was nice to experience this unique beach. We were 4 and we had to consume 40 euros for two sunbeds. The beach is bigger than the original marble beach, hence accommodates more people. It was quite windy the day we visited, so there was some seaweed covering the shallow waters. The staff was nice and easy-to-reach. Also, we ordered and got our orders in a quick fashion. Well worth a visit.Written 23 August 2023
- A beautiful little sand beach not far from Potos, close to the main road with sand and crystal clear water. In the bar, the prices are slightly higher, but ok... You need to be early because of the parking lot on the main road and the crowd on the beach itself. There are deckchairs, but also plenty of space for your towels and umbrellas if you prefer.Written 23 August 2022
- Nice relaxing fortnight. Stayed at the Hotel Socrates. Good food, nice friendly staff. Town itself is fairly quiet this time of year. There is a bus into Thassos town if you want to see a bit more life with more shops and restaurants to choose from.Weather perfect not to hot.Written 17 September 2022
- This is the most northern beach on the island, few min away from the capital Limenas. It's a classic town beach, there're many sunbeds and umbrellas free to use when ordering at least a drink per person from a bar.
We spent around 2 hrs in Limenas, so it was a good option to cool and relax here.
You can see ferries crossing, as well the Greece mainland across.Written 16 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Thásos