Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We spent ten days here in Golden Beach from the 14th to 25th June, we stayed at Emerald Studios.
It was a bit of a trip down memory lane for us as this was the first time that we were back in Thassos on holiday in fifteen years.
There were some definite changes from when we were last here. Then there were a few random people renting out sunbeds and umbrellas and the young doughnut man walked the beach selling his wares.
Now the beach, with it's golden sand which stretches for three kilometres along the coast, is now densely popupulated with the trappings of tourism.
Seafront Tavernas, restaurants and bars have tables & chairs, sunbeds, loungers, cabanas and umbrellas spread out across the sand for the use of their customers.
There are also various water sport activities along the beach as well as giant inflatables, weather permitting.
There is still ample space for visitors and holidaymakers to spread out the beach mats and towels and enjoy the beach.
The beach lies in a picturesque bay with the harbour of Skala Panagia at one end and the Skala Potamias at the other. We walked the beach in both directions, interesting experiences
There is an impressive backdrop with Mount Ipsarion, the highest point on the Island, behind it. The golden sands are washed by the shallow waters of the Aegean Sea.Written 14 September 2023
- Very nice ancient museum. Help understand the ancient history of Greece Thasos island. No dislikes. Liked everything.Historical Thasos museums. Help understand ancient history of Thasos island. No dislikes. Liked everything. All museum items look like original and in good condition. Happy visit this place.Written 2 August 2023
- We visited the gallery only online, and purchased an artwork that we liked very much. It was packaged with super-great care (took us quite some time to unwrap it 😊), as you would hope with a fragile piece of art. It arrived in mint condition. The communication (by WhatsApp) with the owner, George, was very nice, informative, honest. Really helpful for us to make the right choice. And handled real quick as well. Everything absolutely positive, it is so nice to enjoy this kind of experience.
The only thing is: now we really would like to travel to Greece to visit in person! We’ll sure leave space in our suitcase to pack something extra for the way back!Written 19 November 2023
- + mellow and undisturbing music
+ good seawater quality
+ nice sunbeds on the upper wooden deck
+ excellent views with some distant islands; better than looking into an empty sea
- why would you charge 50c for a shower?
- /+ kitchen can be much improved but still good for small staff. Self-service.
- camouflage tent is inadequate to protect from the sun in the afternoon
- no sunset as it faces eastWritten 10 August 2023
- Great customer service, free sunbeds, anyway you order a lot of things from the bar, the souvlaki is very tasty and the strawberries daikiri is awesome.Written 13 October 2023
- Went the beach a few times 6 euros for the beds and a bar with food not bad prices but you add in the cost of sunbeds and it adds upWritten 26 September 2019
- Fantastic beach but be wary of the rip off taverna (first one as you go down the path which says beach this way). They ask you for 30 euro to cover sunbeds which you can use as credit in the taverna. Food poor and prices high. Only interested in getting money from you.
Toilets very poor as well.
Avoid this taverna. Continue on the path to other tavernas.
The beach is well worth a visit.Written 7 June 2023
- The beach is wonderful the added value is that in both beach bars the waiters are so polite! The sea is blue and clean!Written 11 August 2021
- Booked this experience through Tui and the rep was very informative as to how the terrain would be..well you are travelling up a mountain so it's going to be bumpy and it was!
My driver Ben was very informative throughout..don't expect huge waterfalls in the summer months but still beautiful..learnt about the old village which was interesting.. lovely vist to the small monastery..lunch stop at the green lake .wasn't part of the tour..then the drive to the top..stunning views.
Don't do this tour if you have walking difficulties or back issues..Written 15 September 2023
- Very good beach nice beach bar. No so good coffee. … but ok . Cold beer. Good service but little slowWritten 26 July 2023
- This beach was in a very attractive location but it was rather too developed for our liking. We didn't stay thereWritten 24 September 2022
- Amazing place, but very dangerous! Despite of the appearance it’s not as deep as it seems and there are rocks at the bottom.
Whiles we were preparing our swimming gear a person hit the rock and was pulled out unconscious. Local coffee owner mentioned that they are calling ambulance every day, sometimes more than once. Only fire truck arrived (it took 30min) since there is only one ambulance in the whole island. Very sad that local authority is not controlling the area. The place was super crowded, after the accident no one was jumping anymore…Written 27 July 2023
- This monastery is well worth a visit for Pilgrims and Tourists alike. It is a beautiful well kept conclave of old buildings on a hilltop overlooking the sea, and visitors are able to view a relic of the Holy Cross. There is a chapel and patio with breathtaking sea views and a shop to buy suitable memorabilia including booklets about the origins and history of the Monastery. There is no charge for entry and parking is on the road outside. However, remember to wear modest clothing and be prepared to accept a skirt or shawl to cover up from the lady who greets you at the entrance.Written 29 October 2023
- Perfectly organized beach. Comfortable beds. Friendly stuff. Whenever we wanted to order there was a friendly man who was always there. The fruit salad was perfect and big for its price. We recommend.Written 26 July 2023
- Came here on the Island tour by Tui. Had a great guide (Angela) and this visit was the high point of the tour. So much to see and absorb with the historical notes from our guide to help. It was a beautiful site and I was absorbed with the ruinsWritten 29 May 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Thásos
- The best day trips from Thásos according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Safari 4x4 in Thassos
- Thassos Island Tour
- Half Day e-Bike Tour in Thassos Villages and Mountains
- Private Day Trip from Kavala to Thassos via Marble beach
- Private Day Trip from Kavala to Thassos via Tripiti beach
Thásos Attractions Information