Top Attractions in Thásos
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- It is a short shaded walk, The site is easily accessible, providing nice views. The ruins are few but well preserved and interesting. Follow the trail through the ruins that will take you to a very nice beach. Have a swim and continue with your day!Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach also has a smooth entry in the water, with fine sand (no rocks) - therefore it was perfect for my two little kids. It really is kids friendly. The staff is warm and open, ready to help and always available. I was delighted by the generous shadow and this is the reason I did not have to hurry to the beach in the morning - i knew I'll find shadow regardless of the time of day. After trying ALL Pachis's beaches, we have returned every day for the last 6-7 days of our vacation.Written 24 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The sand is all the way down to the beach, park your car up on the parking and walk down for 4 min better then go down with the car. The beach is wavy and nice but you will be full of sand.Written 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When in Limenas, I always have an explore of the Ancient Agora, next to the Archeological Museum, and just back from the old harbour.
Unfettered access means you can let your imagination run wild (and pose for photos on the many plinths.
There is some information, but not much. Parts are overgrown, which just makes for better exploring!
Peaceful oasis in Limenas, and plenty of shade too.Written 22 September 2019
- Is a very nice place to go with the kids when the weather is rainy. The kids were very interested about the artifacts and they had a lot of fun.Written 11 July 2022
- Probably the biggest, most organized and luxurious beach bar on the island. Although, it is obvious that the sea sand has been moved to the shore on order to form the beach to accommodate more sunbeds. This was wrong, rocks and stones emerged in the sea in place of the sand. They should have adequate cleaning personel, specially to clean the sand at all times. Clients are not so carefull so many cigarettes in the sand, it's a pity. Great service, good quality, nice music.Written 16 August 2020
- The beach was quite long away from the main road, accessible through a serpentine road (we might have chosen the wrong approach), but that led us to see marble quarries in action, which was interesting, and some of the views from the road were great. We left the beach through another serpentine road, which wasn't the best idea either since we drove almost 10km off-road before getting back to proper roads. The view from the beach wasn't stunning, and the beach itself was a bit crowded.Written 26 June 2022
- This is a very lovely monastery that is well worth a visit. The site is run by the Nuns, you will see then operating the shop and in the original shrine. The position and views from the monastery are stunning.The only think that we were disappointed with is that you could not go into the main basilica. As stated by others you will need to demonstrate respect by covering up - do not worry because they will provide you with some Colourful clothes!!!Written 27 June 2018
- This beach is easily accessible by car. There are several small bars, that also offer snacks and toilet access. Umbrellas and sunbeds are available from 3 different establishments, so be sure to check prices, as they can vary from one supplier to the other. The beach is situated in close proximity to the Royal Paradise Beach Resort & Spa and we had no problem using the showers and toilets in their pool area. Plus, this offers a great alternative for a fabulous lunch with a seaview. The sandy beach and shallow, clear water makes it fit for kids, but there is also the option to explore the rocks on the ends of the beach for those who are more adventurous. You can also find kaiaks and boats that can be rented for a small price.Written 9 August 2016
- Very beautiful beach. Park is possible along the road, and the access isn't difficult. However, the beach bars with their beach chairs leave no space for a free stay. Also, their pressure for visiting the beach bars is very annoying. I know it's their job, but no is no, and they must respect people's choices.Written 21 September 2021
- The beach was great but the water was unfortunately a bit hazy the day we were there due to wind and current in the water. The service from the cafe was nice, lot’s to choose from. The toilets were clean and not smelly.Written 17 July 2022
- This is the most northern beach on the island, few min away from the capital Limenas. It's a classic town beach, there're many sunbeds and umbrellas free to use when ordering at least a drink per person from a bar.
We spent around 2 hrs in Limenas, so it was a good option to cool and relax here.
You can see ferries crossing, as well the Greece mainland across.Written 16 September 2019
- We stayed at a hotel at the beach. The beach is anything but crowded in June 2022, so good place to relax.Written 26 June 2022
- Absolutely beautiful pottery and Costis is so generous with his time explaining the history of his family pottery and how he makes the glaze, very traditional and a real hidden gem.Written 21 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Thásos
- The best day trips from Thásos according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day Small-Group Sailing Cruise in Thasos
- Private Day Trip from Kavala to Thassos via Marble beach
- Safari 4x4 in Thassos
- Thassos Island Tour
- Private Day Trip from Kavala to Thassos via Tripiti beach