- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
28 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It was a beautiful experience going to the beach of Porto Katsiki. The road was a bit tiring but it was worth the effort. The color of the sea was amazing, like none of the beaches we visited in the western part of the island. A very nice memory! 🌺 👏Written 14 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach is very long and not crowded. I recommend access by boat. Acces by car is for fit persons. You leave your car in a parking paying 10 euro. Then you walk down to the beach about 1 km on serpentine road. And lastly you have about 350 stairs.
Going down is easy, but walking up back to the car is hard. The beach is with white pebbles, not sand like you find written online. On the beach there are no toilets and no garbage bins. Just some guys renting sunbeds for 20 euros. You can also rent sun umbrellas. They sell some drinks too. One small beer is 5 euro.
The sunset in the sea is overrated. At least when we were there on 28 August. Although there were no clouds in the sky, the sunset colours were not spectacular.
In conclusion, this highly recommended beach you should visit by boat... There are plenty cruises daily that circle the islands. You don't need to stay all day especially because of the lack of facilities. Happy travels!Written 29 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the nicest beaches I have ever been to. Crystal clear waters that are on the blue spectrum….Stunning scenery. Great beach club (Copla). Lefkada is amazing, and Kathisma is a must see beach. Lefkada is an amazing island.Written 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Crystal clear water. September was a great tike to visit the beach.
To visit the beach we hoped on a water taxi, however it is also reachable by steps.Written 26 September 2023
- This bay is a small one but organized with umbrellas and wood paths between. Behind that a bar &restaurant. First having a drink in a cool place under tree leaves, so fresh there . then you can walk by foot aside bay to other two small bays which makes attractive the zone.Written 4 August 2023
- Even though very crowded and expensive, the beach is just beautiful. The image of its crystal blue waters will forever stay in my mind. To arrive there you can take a boat from Vasiliki's port or drive your car. If you're staying in Vasiliki and want more information about the activities availabe, the beaches and places to visit, then go to visitvasiliki.com , the website really helped me enjoy my stay there .Written 28 March 2023
- Lovely setting with views across the bay watching the sail boats come and go.
At the time of writing it’s really quiet but with signs of other activity as businesses set up for the season.
Sadly, there are also some negatives to report since we were last here. Building work is going on in several places … just down from the Rouda Village apartments, a large area of land has also been cleared between the port and the bay areas suggesting future development; but worst of all what appears to be a quarry has been established (not being worked at present though) right next to the Illyanthos Apartments! Madness! The huge pile of quarried rock has also covered what was a car park, which will seriously restrict parking provision in the height of the season.
Fortunately, the Zollithros restaurant continues to offer great food in an excellent location and now even has a small ‘roof garden’.Written 19 May 2023
- If you seek adventure when travelling then this is the place to go to.
The street leading to this beautiful beach is kinda wow. Hope your car has got good brakes!
Once you are there plenty of free parking spots are waiting for you and two or even more bars/eateries.
There you can also purchase sunbeds under an umbrella. Costs? 15 EUR for two sunbeds. You can also apy by card.
Now the downside: the beach is as many beaches quite stoney. There are a lot of pebbles BUT there are also in the water and they quite big and slippery too. Even people who wore those beach shoes had trouble to get in and out. Don't ask us as we didn't even have these shoes. We rather looked like stranded whales I am afraid. Anyway, the beach is beautiful and not crowded.Written 24 July 2023
- It was easy to get to, parking was close enough. We got a good spot next to the rocks in the shade, we did look at the sun lounges but they were 50 euros for the two, we didn’t no that as we were there only for an hour and half as we moved on to the next site seeing adventureWritten 21 August 2023
- So good to stop and refresh at this turquoise beach.
It was not very crowded, there are sunbeds and umbrellas, you can rent. Also there are places at beach which you can bring your chairs, umbrellas etcWritten 26 February 2023
- absolutely beautiful beach , which we went to 3 days running. The road down is winding and down a hillside with several hairpins but its sealed all the way and isn't a too difficult drive up or down - just take it slowly. Parking near the beach at the Bar is limited but you should be able to tuck in somewhere nearby. The beach is beautiful, and the setting magnificent, the water is a beautiful set of blues and swimming easy. There are around 20 sets of parasols and beds for hire - 10 euros per parasol + 2 beds. The beach bar is lovely with stunning views, and a laid back vibe, great food and interesting dishes for a beach bar, but plays music too loud which slightly ruins the ambience. Overall the beach is a gem, and only spoilt by occasional cretins with drones or a stereo (but some people are just selfish and have few manners, or awareness of others, or themselves).Written 16 September 2022
- I came to this beach because from here you can take a taxi boat to Mylos beach, but unfortunately on that day because of the rough sea, there were races to Mylos beach.
The beach is small, there are no sunbeds
Access to the beach is on foot from the main road and is full of shops and taverns.
Parking only on the main road.Written 24 July 2023
- Who knows which is the best beach on Lafkada, so here are some facts to help you.
The road down is not for larger cars and certainly not for camper vans. Parking is on either the narrow road (and causes issues) or is 5 Euros in one of the 2 car parks.
There is food and drinks available, certainly in early September.
Lots of loungers and umbrellas to hire at 10 Euros a pair of 2 loungers and an umbrella.
Due to the rocks, the water is milky blue, lovely to swim in with good wave action due to the undertaker rocks, not good for snorkelling.Written 9 September 2019
- Arrive early to get parked. Beware of the narrow roads down to the beach. Beautiful beach, mostly samd. Waves rough enough for children to enjoyWritten 3 September 2023
- In my opinion it is a better beach than Vasiliki Beach because there are better facilities for relaxing at the beach, it is not just for water sports. There are parts of the beach with sunbeds and umbrellas - the cost is 7 euro. You need special shoes because the entrance to the water is with rocks.Written 7 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Lefkada
- These are the best hidden gems for beaches in Lefkada:See more hidden gem beaches in Lefkada on Tripadvisor