- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
52 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 52
What travellers are saying
- This beach is beautiful with shallow sandy seabed. You can walk very far out and still walk on the pure sand bottom.
Bars and restaurants along the beach and we paid only €10 for 3 sunbeds and umbrella.Written 10 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Go when temperatures are under 30 as it could be extremely hot here. Very crowded but most get Sun beds and umbrellas for €6 Shower is clean to dip into sea and only caution is the step ladder into sea is very very slippery and underneath rocky base So watch if very young kids are older swimmers . Water despite heavy occupancy is clean and cold . We tried late evening when most tourist were leaving and we enjoyed it well.Written 27 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- this beach is lovely it seems to go on for ever but very busy. lots of bars and tavernas all the way down the beach...Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really a nice place to snorkel. Saw a lot of different fish and big underwater cliffs. Water is clean and the beach itself is also tidy. Small kids watch out, it gets deep really fast.Written 4 August 2022
- Great day spent at Lindos town and beach. Lovely sandy beach. Shallow bay for small kids. Plenty of sun beds at reasonable prices. Paddle boards and pedalos available for hire. Nice restaurants around. Beautiful view over the acropolis. We had a lovely time.
We rent a boat and spend 2 our in the sea , great experience.Written 11 August 2022
- Very nice and special stone beach. The beach is easy to reach from the highway 95, just follow the signs. There is a big parking just next to the beach. From there, a long stretch of the beach is occupied with strand chairs and parasols. But if you continue, you will find an unoccupied area just next to the caves where you can put your towel on the stones without paying. Of course, this is a real stone beach so not so comfortable to lay down and painful to walk around without slippers or sandals. Once in the clear water, the swim is really refreshing going from cold to warmer water depending on how close you’re swimming to the rocks. The hanging rocks and the little bays are beautiful, but don’t expect to be able to swim in the caves or to see a lot of fish.Written 6 August 2022
- I liked this beach more than the sandbeaches because the water is clearer and there are many fishes. It is not that child friendly because it goes deep very quickly. Do not forget to bring your watershoes cause the beach has little stones. It was beautiful.Written 21 July 2022
- A real gem. A beautiful bay with a ”paradise beach” and a cliff where you can jump to the water. A must-visit stop on a hot day scooter trip.Written 26 July 2022
- Great nudist beach although mainly couples, not suitable for children. Good sunbeds and umbrellas.... super nice guy who looks after them, keeps the whole place clean and tidy. Loveley beach bar/cafe fully stocked, serves delicious freshly prepared food.... very clean with proper toilets and carpark. Enjoyed our days there with like-minded people.Written 19 July 2022
- mix of sand and shingle, warm clear water clean beach, water shies needed for entry into sea, lots of fish and great for snorkeling. Plenty of water sports and a water Taxi to Lindos available for 15 euros.Written 4 November 2021
- I think this might be the best beach bar on the island. As you can see in the photos, the bar part is inside a rock cavity. The sea is rocky but incredibly clean. The staff is friendly.
On the beach right next to the sea, 2 beds + umbrella are 15 euros, the ones on the stony part above are 10 euros. Shower, changing cabin and toilet are free. If you want, you can lay your towel and hang out for free. In fact, if you want a shade, there is a large hollow in the rocky part, you can sit there.
It can be easily reached from the city center in 20 minutes by public transport.Written 15 July 2022
- Spent the afternoon there with the family. Chairs for rent currently 6€ each. Nice palapas included. Beach is a mix of coarse sand and rocks. As is typical, very hot. Bring shoes if some sort. Food and drinks available from beach vendors walking around. Once there you don’t have to leave. Water clear. Parking as far as I could see is free but you have to find a spot. Worth a visit especially if you’re staying locally. Many of the other “famous” beaches are a car trip (we stayed in the medieval city and it was 45 minutes to Tsambika. Maybe 20-25 to faliraki). RecommendWritten 6 July 2022
- Amazing place to visit. Nice sandy beach and a chance to swim in two seas. On one side very wavy and choppy Mediterranean Sea and on the other side of the beach calm and flat Aegan Sea. The meet through the narrow end part of the beach when tide is high with quite a strong current but not overpowering and still fun. Watch the kids there as they might definitely need a grown-up to assist. Plenty of parking available
Watch out for the sunbeds on the beach as they are paid even if the look empty and you can't see anyone, once you settle on them the bloke who overlooks them comes and €15 per bed is not yours.Written 9 August 2022
- I felt I must write a review of afandou beach.Some reviews are saying its a desolate place & nothing there.
How wrong .
There are loungers along the beach with FREE toilets & showers.Alongside the Golf Course is a cantina & a shack serving drinks & snacks.At the shack you are requested to pay a small fee to use their toilets.The money goes to animal charities.Also on the beach are 3 tavernas including a fish taverna.There are a couple of beach bars with loungers.
The beach is a mix of a little sand & lots of stones.Stones in the water & it shelves deeply.
One end of the beach has a promonade with benches.Written 28 July 2022
- nice and quite area. Good for snorkeling. Wear water shoes!!! 10 euro per person for a whole day. There's a nice lunch bar. We were there in July 22 and it was not crowded. You need a car to arrive there (no bus line available, that makes it more quieter than other nice bays)Written 18 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Rhodes