Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Kós
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Quiet and shady forest with friendly cats and peacocks. Caress them, feed them but don't try to hug. Bring some slices of bread and some croquette. A grandpa is looking for them each day, he won't ask you but leave him some money to buy food for his loved ones. Nice placeWritten 20 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fascinating site of archeological significance, well presented and well preserved.
There is a small charge to enter (€8) but if that’s what it costs to maintain sites such as these it’s a small price to pay.
A few more information boards wouldn’t go a miss.
The views are outstanding from the top and make for great photo opportunities.
Worth a visit.Written 4 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very beautiful part of Koss Town - do take a long look around - so much to see and soak up here. Situated in the older quarter it is so picturesqueWritten 6 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 6euro entry price and worth paying. Gets you out of the sun for an hour too! Tour takes you through the house looking at mosaic floors, painted walls, statues, pottery, coins and lots of information boards telling you what you are looking at. Really interesting.Written 6 October 2022
- We initially were only going to stay at this beach for a couple of hours after visiting the thermal springs (2 stops by bus). We were greeted on arrival by friendly staff who apologized that there were no sum beds available at that time. We were happy to sit on their lovely bar area and get a drink. Our children got hungry and we them had lunch. Beds were made available and we headed down. As we were having a nice time we decided to sample a cocktail. Each was lovely but Maitai was the envy of the group. Several Maitai's and hours later we reluctantly decided leave. A great little find!
Written 18 August 2022
- If you go to Kos you need to visit this beach. Yorgos (the owner) and his crew is doing a great job. The sea is like a swimming pool.Written 5 September 2022
- water lovely and clear. North end seems sandier but bars along the front are good - most have free beds and parasol if you buy a drink or twoWritten 2 October 2022
- Absolutely beautiful beach well worth the trip , beautiful blue water , perfect sandy beach , the right amount of sun beds & only €5 each very peaceful but we did go early morning until about lunch time but wasn't busy at all was perfect, beautiful beach .Written 1 July 2022
- The best beach bar in kos, all the staff made us feel welcom even gave the kids inflatables for the sea , the best cocktails, the best gyros, beautiful lounging beds and the best staff, spent almost everyday here and was very sad to leave ❤ hopefully be back next year 🇬🇷👌Written 10 October 2022
- I can't comment on the services or sunbeds here as we only stopped for an hour while exploring the island, but the scenery is just beautiful.
There is wild, open crashing sea on one side of the man man wall, with calm, shallow water on the other side. There are two little inlet / bays where you could paddle or swim with sunbeds available on the bay by the harbour.
It was very busy when we parked up but we foud a space easily, & we took an hour or so to amble around the area. It's not that big but it's very beautiful & well worth a look.Written 30 September 2022
- Sand is like tiny pieces of crystal beach goes on for what feels like forever beautiful.
can always find a little quite spot to chill or use the many luxury sun loungers on offer.Written 24 October 2022
- Free to enter. Small Roman theatre easy to get around in about 20 minutes or so. Enter the ground floor under the theatre as there are lots of photos and information boards to learn about the history which was interesting and a bit cooler than outside! There as a bat fluttering around too!Written 6 October 2022
- Great water park. Good selection of slides and excellent value for money. We stayed all day and enjoyed a free bus journey from karmedia. Highly recommend.Written 20 October 2022
- Went on car trip with friends had lovely walk along beach.
Would have had swim but wanted to see as much of the island in day had car.
Beach had clear water an ideal place to have swim.
Will be back to this beach nice place to have a relaxing day.Written 31 October 2018
- Free to get in so quite busy. Entrance is up on a bridge over the road so head for the Hippocrates Tree. Closed Tuesdays and by 4pm. There is one information board on the lower level that I only spotted once I had walked around the ramparts (annoying!). This could be moved or copied to the entrance so you have some idea of what you are looking at. Large space where you can walk what’s left of the walls then uneven steps to uneven ground level. Watch out if you don’t have trainers on or struggle walking. Overall a fairly pleasant hour pootling round, considering it cost zero to get in. There are (not very clean) loos and a drinks shop inside.Written 14 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kós
- The best day trips from Kós according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full Day 3-Island Boat Cruise from Port of Kos
- Full Day Boat Cruise to 3 Islands
- Full-Day Tour to Nisyros The Volcano Island
- From Kos: Independent Day Trip to Bodrum
- Independent Day Trip to Kos Island from Bodrum with Transfers