Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful secluded beach that can be reached by bus or boat from Pigadia. There is only one restaurant that is very busy during lunchtime. The crystal clear sea makes it very well worth visiting. The view from the cliffs is great. One of the best beaches in Karpathos.Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful stretch of beach, great snorkling, sunbeds and umbrellas for rent but very expensive, near restaurantsWritten 2 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- the trip down to the beach already is a steep road downhill, but beautyful, the beach is lovely too. There are some nice beachbarsWritten 2 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wide, quiet, relaxing. Well served by local tavernas (just order and they bring it directly to the beach). Often with rough seas that make it very 'Caribbean'. Interesting seabedWritten 22 June 2023
- Ahatat beach is beautiful. I would recommend to get there by boat. I am not afraid of driving in hills/mountains, small roads, but getting there by car was a bit tricky.
The road is narrow and at some parts only one car fits while there is not always a barrier while it is very steep. And so it happened that I drove towards the beach and another car approached me, driving uphill which means they have priority. I found it quite scary, reversing on a steep hill without any barriers, knowing that a mistake could cause a serious problem. Next time I would go by motorbike or boat. But never again by car.
Apella was easier and less scarier.Written 3 July 2023
- We had a great day at this sandy beach with turquoise water! Great for kids as it is shallow. There is a beach bar/restaurant nearby and you can order food and drinks at reasonable prices! It cost 20€ for an umbrella and the young man from the Poseidon blue bar/restaurant was very friendly and polite! Would visit again!Written 18 August 2023
- not too busy, beautiful water... worth spending a day there! We did a picknik there and enjoyed the silence!Written 14 September 2021
- the best restaurant on the Island and friendly. Iff you don,t want salt or anyting els, al possible.Written 30 June 2018
- Lovely and spacious sandy beach with crystal clear water on which almost all days is windy. For us one of the nicest beaches in Karpathos especially because of waves which are ideal for playing with. Sunbeds for whole day - 15 euros.Written 6 August 2022
- We visited this beach when we were children, when nothing existed and now as adults, when sunbeds and a small cafe above exist. Beach is very beautiful, scenery is fantastic with rocks and pebbles on the rocks. Clean water and windy, always fresh air.Written 17 September 2019
- Nice beach with clear and lovely water. The sunbeds and umbrella are expansive, from 25 euro to 40 euro, 2 beds and 1 umbrella.Written 14 July 2023
- amazingly quiet, history, raw nature. We had a great guide telling us a lot about the history of the island. I found the trip by boat to long, but the swimming in the bay and through the small caves was a treat we wouldn't have missed.Written 2 November 2023
- I think the beach is quite nice for snorkeling, especially if you visit the left side, away from Pigadia city/the harbour. The left side is where the beach has less rocks/more sand, and also less tourists, which is probably why there was more fish to watch. We saw zero lifeguards at our visits to the beach. We found that the water gets easier and easier to get into, the further to the left you go. But more than 50% of the beach has big rocks, so wear shoes, so you don't hurt yourself (I didn't, and therefore cut my foot pretty bad the second day). Along the beach you will find some companies/taverns with sunbeds for rent. The cheapest we found was 10€ per day, at the Maistrali Tavern. The most expensive ones we found was at Sardeles, with 15€ per day (both places had nice wooden sunbeds with matresses, and a side table).Written 30 June 2023
- We went to visit menetes, a traditional village up on the mountain. We found a small parking lot in the middle of the village and over there a lady named Irini took us to a very interesting museum and a small church. She told us lots of stories about the history and the culture and it was very interesting!!! She wanted to tell us more but we didn’t have enough time… we will definitely come back again 🤗Written 29 August 2023
- 30 minutes from Karpathos in the west coast of the island is beach Finiki .Beautiful beach but with the same problem… reservation to find Umbrella.The best beach bar is Malibu with the best subbed.Written 10 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kárpathos
Kárpathos Attractions Information