25 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Easier to reach by public local bus from Fira central bus station and cost euro1.60 one way per pax. Is a small beach area with some restaurants and cafes around.Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great location, and plenty to see and do even in late October. Taverna's still open, mostly , and a lot of shops still open. Some places saying they will be open throughout the winter.
Kamari tours do a tremendous day trip to the volcano, Thirasia, and then sunset in Oia.
I wasn't personally impressed with the Instagram capital of the world, to crowded and extremely boring. Obviously the blue domed and views are something to see.....but that's it. Over priced and over hyped.
Kamari beach area, far better, with lovely people, food, and far more relaxing.Written 31 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach was not crowded at all and we were able to lay our stuff on a beach towel on the sand instead of renting a lounge chair. The water was chilly, but so refreshing and calm! The black sand was beautiful and the clear water was perfect.Written 8 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Average beach, very busy, very hot to walk over the cliff and down from the carpark. Definitely take your swim stuff as you will need to cool down once there. Disappointed by the rope on the beach and the poor barriers on the cliff top. A man was playing loud musical instruments too on the top of the cliff which I found a shame if you wanted to enjoy a peaceful beach. Don’t get conned by the man charging to park at the end of the road, you can drive right up to the beach and use the free car park.
Positive note we loved the sea it was warm and easy to walk into as small pebbles and refreshing on a hot day.Written 23 October 2023
- Great beach with an amazing beach bar. You can hire sunbeds,,drink cold beers and eat fabulous bar food here. Fantastic view of the sunsets and Catamaran's at the bar stools early evening. Special shout out to the beach bar staff. Top class and entertaining ❤️Written 24 October 2023
- extraordinary volcanic landscape, a bit off the beaten tracks (literally, as the road to this beach is tarmac), unexpectedly modern bar above the beach - worth visiting even if you do not intend to sit down or swim.Written 29 June 2019
- White Beach is a secluded spot which is difficult to get to and is off the beaten track.
We were able to see it from our boat. Most Santorini cruises take you past this part of the coastline, where you will see White Beach, Red Beach and Black Mountain.
From the water, the sheer white cliffs plunge straight down to the Aegean Sea. It’s beautiful and dramatic. If like us, you don’t have time to visit the beach itself, then I’d recommend doing a cruise that takes in this part of the island.Written 22 September 2023
- Its a very nice spot for a quick swim, there is no sand but small pebbles and a small restaurant at the bottom. A few fishermen houses are also around.
Unfortunately can be quite windy and there are a couple of plastic bags here and there.
If you are walking down, can be quite tiring to come back up and the road is very dusty.Written 14 September 2020
- We got here with ATVs and the ride down was fun. It’s a rocky beach with lots of cool round lava rocks to look at. It was not crowded at all.Written 22 June 2023
- Mesa Pigadia is a nice smaller beach with rocks and pebbles. It is calm and quiet and not as crowded as the more famous beaches.Written 27 September 2019
- Very nice beach, wasn’t very crowded during the summer month of June when I visited. You can rent 2 chairs and 1 umbrella for €15. I would say that’s a fair price compared to other beaches in the area. The beach is black sand with many washed up sea items, but nothing that was too bothersome. The water was a little murky, but only because it’s a sandy beach compared to some other rocky beaches in the Aegean. Sandy beaches will always be murky due to waves moving the sand. I brought my snorkeling equipment and was able to see a few colorful fish near the rocks. I had lots of fun.Written 20 June 2023
- This is quite a secluded beach, and a bit of a drive to get to and there is a bit of a hike from parking at the top down to the water. But if you want to get away from the crowds it is a nice place to go. There are no amenities around, other than the Katharos Lounge, which serves amazing food, but you should make reservations and have plenty of time to enjoy.Written 31 July 2019
- Fresh food. Nice service. Quiet. Nice shaded terrasse.
Not expensive. Not crowded. Clean. Enjoyable.Written 25 May 2021
- Having taken ages to find the road down to the beach we enjoyed a stroll with seeing only a handful of other people enjoying the water. Where we parked there were toilets and a beach bar, but we were just having a quick visit.Written 20 October 2019
- This beach was just across the road from the hotel that our family stayed in while holidaying on Santorini. We liked the beach because it was quiet with very few people, but I would not recommend this beach to people who prefer beaches with restaurants and sun loungers. The section of the beach we used had a steep access via stairs, so it might not be ideal for some people, but there are more accessible areas nearby.Written 10 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Santorini