225 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 225
What travellers are saying
- beautiful beach, chairs available for rent, very good restaurant on the beach, easy access and they deliver to your beach chairWritten 27 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Must visit place! if you are Crete👌 40min of walking from parking area ....if you choose go whit a carWritten 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was rated one of the worlds most beatiful beaches, -I agree! The water color looked surreal, like a nintendo game!Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited on a Sunday and it was quite busy when we arrived early afternoon. It took around an hour from Heraklion and our hire car was very underpowered for the hilly drive! We managed to park on the approach road which was just as well as the beach parking lot looked full. The village has plenty of cafes and stalls selling mainly tourist stuff but the area has a nice ambience and is worth visiting.Written 22 October 2023
- Lovely beach with loads of Sun beds and umbrella's. Went in October so the beach was quiet. I think in high season sunbeds are chargeable but we didn't have to pay. So relaxing.Written 21 October 2023
- Had already done a nearby hike so we can here for a swim and to cool off. I was happy I had y hiking shoes for the walk down, but also glad I brought flip flops to get to the water once down there. The hike isn’t long (maybe 15 min), but it is steep so be careful. There are also a lot of hairpin turns down the road in the car to get to the parking lot. I swam in October and found the water lovely and refreshing. Super clear with no current so it was easily to just float around.Written 16 October 2023
- Incredibly natural and uncrowded by tourists. There is a fantastic location for camping. The trees in front of the beach provide the ideal shade for camping or enjoying a sunny day. On top of the mountain, parking is also free, after which you may follow the trail that leads to the beach.Written 8 October 2023
- This beach was beautiful and was joined with a palm forest river very unique and interesting
Was very busy as many tourists were visiting
It was a good experience and worth a visit
Sandy beach less pebbles than others beaches around CreteWritten 8 July 2023
- Very nice beach, very sandy and clean. During our stay in September the water was quite calm but we did have a couple of days where it was very rough and we could not go in. The whole beach has lifeguards and if the red flag is showing they are very hot on stopping you going in the water.
Beware the fish bite, lol!Written 8 October 2022
- The pittoresque beach with red sand and a small bar. When we were on the beach there was not sunbeds. Sometimes local goats visit rocks around the beach and watch visitors. A path to the beach leads from Matala village, 30 minutes about.Written 10 July 2023
- This beach was lovely and quiet. You could see mountain goats on the rocks and plenty of fish when you went swimming. We rented the cushioned sun beds for €25 (two beds and a umbrella) but their were cheaper options €8 (two beds and umbrella) for regular sun beds.Written 21 September 2023
- Such a unique beach! In a small Bay, sorrunded by red cliffs, even with a cave among them. Also a good place just to take a walking tour around.Written 18 October 2023
- When this beach is empty you could be excused for thinking you were in the Caribbean. It is unquestionably one of the most beautiful beaches in Crete. Unfortunately we visited during one of the worst possible times, in the afternoon in peak season when it was extremely busy. We were incredibly lucky to not only find a free parking space but 2 free sunbeds. I noticed one reviewer complained about the amount of rubbish on the beach and floating in the sea. I can only say that during my visit I didn't see any of that and considering how packed it was I found it to be very clean and tidy and I walked the full stretch of the beach. Although I enjoyed my visit (despite how crowded it was) I would love to return one day out of season to get a completely different perspective. However, its hard to imagine this beach ever not being popular even out of season.Written 27 August 2023
- All touristy. But really nice. If you’re close by, you should defiantly go. Liked it the best a bit away from all the parasols etc. Just bring a towel :) nice water, nice area!Written 9 July 2023
- A stunning beach with beautiful clear water and small pebbles and of course the trio petra, three stones !Written 14 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Crete
- These are the best places for adventurous beaches in Crete:See more adventurous beaches in Crete on Tripadvisor