Historic Walking Areas • Geologic Formations
Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Geologic Formations
- Day Trips
- Ports of Call Tours
- Ancient Ruins
- Cultural Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Self-guided Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- City Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Sports Camps & Clinics
- Eco Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Fishing Charters
- Bodies of Water
- Historical Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Culinary Tour
- Cooking Classes
- Historic Sites
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- History Museums
- Special Offers
- Top Picks
- Speciality Museums
- Likely to Sell Out
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Crete
Admission tickets from €14.00
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We booked the trip through top travel (30E/person) and were taken to the entrance of the gorge(2.50E/person) starting at the top and walking down. We are 3 fit adults ages (32, 72, 73) with some ailments and the walk took us just under 3 hours. Take proper walking shoes and sticks would also be useful. I would not call it an easy walk...you are walking on rocks and large stones for the entire time and have to watch your footing and navigate your way down, there are some sections where you can find an easier path through. We kept a steady pace and stopped for photos and a couple of minutes rest. The scenery was amazing, the gorge incredible and we even saw some kri kri up close. Take the time to look behind you and enjoy the colours and height of the gorge.
Some people were running down, rushing through...I suspect they didn't see much and could have easily had an accident.
Overall it was definitely worth the effort! Our trip finished with a couple of hours at chora skafion before we made the return journey...and going back up in the coach was breathtaking.Written 5 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum is a must see as all the original artifacts from Knossos are here. Plus, the information provided really explains the full history of ancient Crete through Roman times. I would see it before Knossos as it will give you a more knowledge appreciation of the palace. I started at 8am and spent 2 hours in the museum (I am pretty thorough) then I hopped the bus to Knossos and spent about an hour there. Both can be done before lunch. Buy the combo ticket and see both for 20 Euros.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A cafe, bar or restaurant around every corner, great to sit and people watch with a drink. Loads of little souvenir shops, browse you don't get hassled. Walk around the Greek orthodox churches, spectacular!
Streets come alive at night, bars with music, very busy but enjoyable.Written 5 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Magical, just magical… walk along the front and soak in the history and then lose yourself in this beautiful city………………Written 2 October 2022
- What a pleasant surprise Aquaworld was!
I was told about this by my sister who visited last year and it was well worth the visit.
The building is only small, and it doesnt take long to get around, however the amount of sea life and reptiles they have is amazing.
The keepers are also so passionate about their jobs, and truly love the animals they care for.
There is also an opportunity to hold snakes and reptiles, if you are brave enough.
Highly recommended! Only about 8 euros entry and the money goes towards these beautiful creatures.Written 30 September 2022
- Incredible views, beautiful, turquoise water😍 Must seen in you are in Crete❤️ You can get there by boat so is another good experience. You will definitely taka a dream photos🇬🇷Written 2 October 2022
- This is beautiful place BUT, it is not as pink as the photos will have you believe. We drove 2.5 hours to see the pink sand. When we arrived we had to ask where it was. It is busy. There are sun beds and umbrellas. For 5 of us it cost 40euros. You have to pay 50c to use the porter loos. I took my son to the disabled toilets and the seat lid was snapped in half ( very grim looking) and no seat. There is some accessibility for disabled people. The life guards will help get you into the water. Its a beautiful place to swim, the sea is so clear and turquoise blue. The sand is sand colour and just a line of pink on thr shore line of the lagoon.
There are life guard posts they were friendly. It is shallow and warm. They place is so clean. There are places to buy drinks, ice creams, coffee and some snacks but a picnic is advisable.Written 1 October 2022
- Really enjoyed the drive, with beautiful scenery and goats on the road. Tied in the beginning of the Meskla to Zourva hike and ended with an excellent lunch at Emilia's taverna in Zourva. One of our best days ever.Written 1 October 2022
- Wow what a fabulous little place! We were staying just around the corner and we were looking for an experience on one of our quieter days here. The Cretan Olive Oil Farm did not disappoint!
The staff were so welcoming, so knowledgable and keen to ensure you got the most out of your visit.
We paid €5 euros each for a tablet e tour of the farm and it was brilliant. There was also staff on hand to help and tell you even more.
The shop at the end is then fantastic with you being able to sample olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar and more.
It was a fantastic authentically Cretan experience and I’m very glad we visited! Would highly recommend!Written 26 September 2022
- Nice Clean beach. It has the blue Badge award, so you know its safe with a life guard normally on duty 9 - 5. We did think that the price of 10 Euros a day for 2 beds and a brolly was expensive, and if you can manage to lie on the sand and bring a shade if you need one there is pleanty of space to do that. Usually a food truck turns up to sell food and cold drinks, and there ia always a guy walks the beach selling Donuts for 3 euros. It gets really busy on Sundays and after working hours.
Its is much better than the main Malia area beaches and not so many youngsters recovering from the previous night!!!Written 21 September 2022
- Firstly the guy with the free car park selling boat co-operative tickets in Plaka is running the "we have no internet connection" scam and insisting you pay cash for the return boat to Spinalonga when you should be able to pay by card.
The island itself is interesting and it takes a couple of hours to walk around, plenty of photo opportunities. It could be much more informative and an audio guide could really bring it to life. I felt it was a missed opportunity to make this a must-see.
The snack bar on the island is a total rip off - canned soft drinks €5 each, no table service, etc. Take drinks with you.Written 5 October 2022
- We went to Chris Island from Ierapetra on a cruise 27 Euros per person. We were told that on the island are amazing spots to relax and that the boat comes directly to the beach. In fact, the boat stopped around 200-300 meters from the coastline and we had to leave all our things on deck to see the island. However it was very nice to swim on the open sea.Written 5 September 2022
- There are two, the small Triopetra and the large one which are separated by rocky hill !! Triopetra is given the name because there are 3 (trio) rocks (petra) on the water between the two beaches and you can walk on them....carefully !!Written 5 May 2022
- Crystal clear waters along with an unspoiled natural surrounding. Tranquility and solitude at it’s best. Highly recommended.Written 23 August 2022
- A very good historical site to visit. I would suggest you arrive early (before 09:30) or after lunch. Long queues in the morning and the place was packed. Two cruise ships were berthed in the harbour.
After lunchtime the masses evaporated and the experience was a lot better.Written 4 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Crete
- The best day trips from Crete according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Samaria Gorge Hiking from Chania
- Zeus Cave & Lassithi Plateau (Safari Adventure Offroad Excursion)
- Private Boat Trip Kissamos Balos (price per group - up to 6 people)
- Crete Wine and Olive Oil Tour
- Day Trip to Agios Nikolaos and Spinalonga Island