Popular things to do
- Day Cruises
- Bus Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Whale Watching
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Kayaking Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Historical Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Attractions in Albufeira
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We were lucky enough to stay within walking distance to this beach. We enjoyed time spent there although it does get busy, especially at high tide, and it is quite rocky under foot to swim out from in parts. We had 'rock shoes' so had no issues and the water is beautiful! We hired SUPs and Kayaks from the guys on the beach who also have a kiosk in the car park. We tried to go to the restaurant for a drink or ice cream but it was always really busy so we wandered up the hill (left out of the car park) to the restaurant there which has a terrace with lovely views out to sea. We never stayed longer than two/three hours as we were staying close by and had not umbrella to provide shade but there are lungers and umbrellas to hire on the beach and a small sand selling beach wear / snorkels/parasols etc in the car park.Written 11 August 2022
- Beautiful sand and on a nice day, turquoise sea. The beach isn’t too rocky so is pleasant to walk in the sea. Plenty of tourist shops nearby to be buckets spades etc. When the tides in, it’s very hard to do a beach walk anywhere as the beach is surrounded by huge rocks. Definitely one of the nicer beaches in Europe.Written 16 August 2022
- Had a lovely day out yesterday with hubby and kids 15,11,9. Something for everyone. Bought the 2 day ticket €197. Got an Uber from Portimao €90 return. Arrived at 10am and did all the rides first, the longest we queued for was 20 minutes for Jurassic river. Everything else we walked on as the crowd arrive & go straight to the dolphin show so this was a great plan to do all the rides first. The queue for lunch was v long though so I would recommend bringing your own. Paid €52 for average burgers n chips. The beach and water slide area we are going to tomorrow so looking forward to a relaxing day now that we have all the rides done & most of the shows. All agreed a great day out & glad we booked the 2 days.
Highlights are the dolphin show & butterfly room which was just gorgeous to see.Written 17 August 2022
- Praia da Oura (Oura Beach) is pretty much right at the bottom of the strip so it was very busy. It is at the bottom of quite a steep hill. The beach was clean but the sea was rough so quite a bit of seaweed was getting churned up at one end of the beach. There were a few water activities available and a few cafe bars. I couldn't see any public toilets. You can hire sunloungers and parasols but we didn't and just laid on our towels.Written 9 August 2022
- This was a lovely beach. Very clean and lots of Sun loungers and parasols at a reasonable price. Nice restaurant/snack bar just of the beach which was handy. The sea was lovely and clean. Nice place to spend the day.Written 11 August 2022
- Praia da Coelha is a lovely beach, really picturesque, and maybe we were unlucky but each time we went it was incredibly busy and tricky to get a place to relax. The sand is very soft and deep and on really hot days is difficult to walk on. It's great for activities such as paddle boarding or snorkelling, but the sea gets deep fast so maybe not so good for little kids. But it is beautiful and worth visiting for an evening stroll along the cliff walk.Written 1 August 2022
- One of the best nights of the holiday. Late afternoon stroll around the old town. Stopping off for a few drinks n food along the way until the sun had dropped. Kids loved it all too.Written 26 July 2022
- through a tunnel. Sandy stretch again and historic for its past as fishermen’s beach. Cafe not far away so you can enjoy the sea sitting in the cafe.Written 21 December 2021
- Lovely place to visit with beautiful colourful buildings. Such a chilled place to sit in one of the many restaurants and bars and watch the world go byWritten 15 August 2022
- Absolutely loved this beach. Loads of space despite it being high season; big free car park; beautiful golden sand; small beach bar and shop. Would definitely remind for a visit.Written 10 August 2022
- This shoppingcenter have many shops for every taste. There is Also A big supermarket in the basement. This center is used by the inhabitants, so it is not many souvenir-shops there.Written 8 August 2022
- Sheltered cove so just a slight breeze and calm water albeit a little cool. The sun warmed you up though. Course sand and some rocks at the extreme east of the beach. To the west of the beach were interesting rock formations. The west of the beach had only one or two people while the east had loads, no idea why as the west part seemed nicer.Written 12 June 2022
- Given how close the vineyard is to albufeira we took an Uber and visited for tour and tasting at €10pp.
The ‘tour’ was more an explanation of the vineyard history, grapes used and process for wine making. All interesting but told in a static one place as opposed to a tour around and being shown the vines and grapes up close.
We were then taken into the cellar for a 4 sample tasting. The tasting was good, included some information about each wine and the wines were nice. We did both feel that it felt very rushed. It wasn’t rushed in a sales way that they wanted us to move on and buy from the shop, but that it was just rushed like they wanted us to go. It would have been nice to feel like we could enjoy each sample of wine for a little longer as opposed to quickly drink it down ready for the next so we could be moved along and out.
As noted by others, other vineyards offer tapas which would extend the tasting experience and make it feel more like a settled half an hour rather than a quick sample and off we go.
I do think this vineyard cashes in on the fact that Cliff Richard owns 50% and therefore use that to their PR advantage.
Overall a nice hour for a one off visit.Written 21 October 2020
- Very good and accessible viewpoint. I love it that there are scalators connecting the viewing point to the center of the city. So you do not have to get tired climbing stairs. They should do the same in Lisbon.Written 11 May 2021
- with several stacks in the water, some with openings at the top. A small beach but sandy and great views from the top.Written 15 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Albufeira
- The best day trips from Albufeira according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Albufeira Beach BBQ with Caves and Coastline Cruise
- 6-Hour Sunset Dinner Catamaran Cruise from Albufeira
- Algarve with Benagil Caves Cruise included - Private tour from Lisbon
- Benagil Full Day Cruise from Vilamoura by Catamaran
- Historical Algarve - Full-Day Trip