- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
233 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Admission tickets from €22.00
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 233
What travellers are saying
- A nice area to walk around where you can see the traditional Dutch houses along the canals. It was quiet and pleasant when we were there.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It wasn't on my original itinerary! Got extra time in one afternoon, I took a free-ferry ride got there. I did the swing and had a Heinkien and bitterballen at the restaurant. The bitterballen was delicious!Written 26 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful park. Rented a bike and spent some time riding around the park. Many places to lounge in the sun or shade. I loved seeing the dogs wander around. The birds seem to not care about humans so they would get very close to people. Vondelpark was a great chance to take a break from the high paced city and sightseeing.Written 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a zoo in the middle of the city. It is definitely worth the visit. Plenty of very interesting animals and habitats. The design is a bit confusing so am not sure if we saw everything or not. You can reach it by the light rail.Written 14 September 2022
- These trams are constantly crisscrossing the city. Definitely need a map for this. Don't forget to scan your card when you board and also when you get off.Written 13 September 2022
- There are a lot of small scale models of historic ships. But we really enjoyed exploring the ship Amsterdam.Written 17 September 2022
- The first 2 floors are mainly a fun approach about science for kids, which would remind you of a playground, the upper 2 floors where more intersting for adults with different facts and things to see, like a lab.
Visited with the I am amsterdam city card.Written 12 November 2021
- Take elevator to the sixth floor and access cafe and overlook of the city. Childrens Library is very well designed.Written 2 August 2022
- So interesting, friendly staff. Lots of information on all all microscopic organisms with examples. Good for slightly older childrenWritten 4 September 2022
- Dam Square is nice to see, but it also has so many streets leading off to explore, so you will get to see it more than once. It's easy to find, so very useful for planning routes to other attractions as well.Written 22 September 2022
- We struggled to find it- our fault, our map was basic- but I'm so glad we finally did.
It's amazing to walk in and feel the peace. The chapel was beautiful, and the Houten Huys (one of the oldest in Amsterdam) is worth seeing.
Read the plaques- its history is so interesting, and remember people are actually living here, so don't treat it like a fairground. :)Written 22 September 2022
- staff are friendly and helpful ,easily accessible via transport very knowledgeable tour would recommendWritten 16 August 2022
- When you're in Amsterdam, it is difficult if not impossible to avoid the famous grachtengordel, the three canals added in the seventeenth century. My favourite is the Herengracht, with its large and splendid patricians' houses, but I like the other two as well. Visit the Grachtenmuseum on the Herengracht if you want to learn about the canals and their significance. Their well-treed beauty is self-evident.Written 19 September 2022
- Lovely space, nice shops and great vibe.
I would have liked more vegetarian/vegan options in the food area, as I had limited choice.Written 11 September 2022
- On our last day we just wanted somewhere to wander around so decided on spending the morning here. It is a quirky place but we highly recommend both the cheese toastie and the stroopwaffel!Written 2 September 2022