- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
112 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 112
What travellers are saying
- Went here whilst on a river cruise, was great the architecture was just stunning. Would definitely recommend seeing this.Written 20 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lights up line is a small square but it’s a great point to meet up if you wanna go out for a boy or a coffee shop or restaurant. All the little side streets are filled with small shops coffee shops and restaurants and bars.
And if you want to do shopping you can start at Leidsplein walk down Leidsstrat and you come straight into Kalberstat which is one of the main shopping streetWritten 6 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Must visit, very immersive, great guides. 5D experience, good introduction to Rembrandt. Try it. XxxWritten 7 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very excellent docent who gave us a history of pipes and showed us displays in chronilogical order with interesting facts. We were only 3 there and enjoyed displays and unusual art associated with the tobacco habit in past centuries. Getting inside a canal house was an added bonus.Written 2 August 2022
- A minute away from Nieuwesijds Voorburghwal (= a main tram route) is this small beautiful canal without many tourists.Written 6 August 2022
- This theatre is beautiful in both the bar/restaurant and the auditorium. Plush red seats, gold and white walls - large, grand rooms for entertaining. Extremely impressive and a wonderful venue to see some quality live performance in Amsterdam.Written 10 June 2022
- Went here for the Amadeus show. Lovely theatre with great seating. Not too big. Rows are sloped so you always havr a good view of the stage. Very nice staff!Written 30 June 2019
- Excellent service and great experience. Difficult but interesting puzzels and riddles. 75 minutes of fun with friends.Written 26 November 2022
- Nice neighborhood offering quality shopping experience in typical Amsterdam old town setting. Good selection of art, antique, vintage shops, as well as pubs and restaurants. Makes for nice strolling and browsing.Written 24 February 2020
- We asked our hotel concierge for a good bar in the area and he pointed us towards the Waterhole and we loved it! When we arrived there was a rock band warming up on the stage and we found stools at the bar which were perfect. They had a great selection of beers including Tripel Karmeliet my wife's favorite. We even caught the end of happy hour which was very generous and got a tray full of shots. We had a lot of fun talking the other guests, the bartender was super nice and the music was great. We will definitely be back!Written 27 July 2022
- Smallish square, a bit weirdly laid out, sporting café's, bars and restaurants, people lounging outside on warm days. There is an outsized chess board here, you can usually find a stranger willing to play a game of chess with you. All under the benevolent and watchful eye of former chess champion Max Euwe. Good visit.Written 29 September 2018
- The Uitmarkt is an event that happen each year in the last weekend of August. It is a kick off of the new cultural season. It is as inspiring, entertaining and astounding theatre, music, book and film for the people who like it. In two and half days you can taste all kind of cultural happening everywhere in the city. A big Podium at the museum square that shows you all kind of bands and a lots of small podiums around that offers you performances such dance, theatre etc. In "Concert Gebouw" you can enjoy the classic music for 10 minutes, theatre at the "Amsterdams Schowburg", some concert in the churches, film at "de Balie". I usually do it not only for this event but also for the beautiful architecture of the buildings. It's nice thing to do in the summer as all is free.Written 30 January 2017
- We, me and my woman, are living in Netherlands for about one year. Today was our first time going to a night club and thanks god we choose Bourbon Street. Thanks to the earring’s bartender, you make our night comfortable, for serving us the Porto wine. THE WISEFLOWER are crazy in the stage, congrats for all the band but Attila Suba have a amazing voice!Written 15 October 2022
- Went to see Afghan Whigs. Travelled from Berlin to this widely known location. The trip was worthwile. Location is nice and the sound was great. There are some elevated areas so that smaller people (like myself) can view. (Although of course the tall people are there too :-(
Bar staff friendly.
Paradiso membership fee (4 EUR) is peculiar for people from further away.
The rest would be about the show.Written 7 November 2022
- My wife and I are from the US and were married untraditionally, so we did not have wedding rings. We decided to take a trip through Europe (Paris, Amsterdam, and Berlin) and casually search as we wandered the streets and shops of all three destinations. Once we got to Amsterdam we knew it was the place to get a ring. We found that there is a large community of artisinal makers with studios in the back of shop fronts, and jewelry was among the best and most plentiful of the trades. We found so many rings and shops that surprised us. It took two days to make a decision but we (she) finally went with Blou, after going in three times. Their jewelry was not only beautiful, unique, and elegant, the artists were very pleasant and welcoming and helpful. We treasure finding this special symbol that we will have forever. I highly, highly recommend Blou and the Amsterdam jewelry making community in general.Written 26 October 2019