- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
15 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It is well worth visiting Tuschinski theatre if you are in Amsterdam. You can do an audio tour in the mornings but we decided to see a film there. We chose balcony seats which included a drink and snack. This was one of my favourite places I visited in Amsterdam.Written 26 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Apparently the oldest movie theater of Amsterdam.
Our movie played in a room with about 10 rows of 6 seats each, so yeah, cosy !
I think they don't show any mainstream blockbuster movies, but more Cannes like flicks.
Nice experience and now I would pick it over "The Eye" just because of it's size.Written 5 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- .... went there with our 3 kids for Aladdin .... was quite full, but good seating, accoustics .... essy booking of the seats in advance via internet, payment paypal, but many other options .... will go there again.Written 18 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've walked by this restaurant numerous times and it was always busy. Now I know why! Our waiter greeted us, made sure we were aware of the specials, took our drink orders as if we were returning friends. It was so pleasant and warm. Very wonderful.Written 8 May 2019
- In Amsterdam there are a couple of arthouse movie places in my neighbourhood. One of them is Filmhallen. Always nice to be here, nice people. Great films!Written 2 September 2018
- Great experience at the Pathé de Munt. Comfortable seating ensures a very relaxing experience. Tickets are reasonably priced, with discounts for various groups, including myself as a student. Popcorn is also well priced!
Very convenient location, perfect access to public transport to get home again.Written 12 September 2018
- A really friendly bar with a good chose and reasonable prices.
Really nice to sit in comfort and people watch.Written 6 August 2019
- Sound and screen was good.
But there was a strong cold breeze throughout the movie.
For 11€ a person I'd expect warmerWritten 10 December 2018
- The menu could be a bit more challenging.
But the food served is good, as well as the service.
Friendly placeWritten 10 November 2019
- Cute, comfortable and cozy cinema. Location is good. Not the typical cinema, definitely worth a visit to add to your Amsterdam experience.Written 14 October 2019
- The Westerpark in Amsterdam has a lot to offer and if you are after and easy, simple place for a quick lunch try Het Ketlelhuis.
The menu is light (tasty sandwiches and soups of the day) lovely place (2sides) :
Either the park side or the in between the red bricks buildings.
Good to know: Cash or card are accepted.Written 19 September 2019
- Great art house cinema in the Amsterdam Pijp neighborhood. I love the somewhat alternative atmosphere, without being overwhelmingly political correct. Like some other Amsterdam art house cinemas are. There is a nice bar where you can have drink before or after a movie. And the best part is: you can take your drink, doesn't matter what, inside the theatre. What's more fun than zipping on a nice glass of wine when watching a great art house or cult movie?Written 21 November 2016
- I really liked this VR Experience, because I did not saw a documentary before in virtual reality. VR makes you feel like you really there, at the location of the film/documentary. I was happily surprised, even though the overal quality could have been better. All in all, I am happy I was able to visit the first VR Cinema and I will definitely visit it another time soon.Written 20 October 2017
- I have been here several times when I was visiting Amsterdam. Cinecenter is a cinema that shows arthouse movies. It also has a small bar where you can drink something. Seats are not that great to sit on. So the bar is ok for one drink, but you definitely don't want to spend hours here drinking. The movie theaters are quite small and rectangular. The screens are placed very high, so even in the back you are looking up. They show movies in the afternoon, and early and late evening.Written 10 August 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Amsterdam
- These are the best places for couples seeking movie theatres in Amsterdam:See more movie theatres for couples in Amsterdam on Tripadvisor