- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
549 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
Admission tickets from €17.00
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 549
What travellers are saying
- A nice area to walk around where you can see the traditional Dutch houses along the canals. It was quiet and pleasant when we were there.Written 12 September 2022
- It wasn't on my original itinerary! Got extra time in one afternoon, I took a free-ferry ride got there. I did the swing and had a Heinkien and bitterballen at the restaurant. The bitterballen was delicious!Written 26 September 2022
- This was amazing! The audio guide was good, and the details about Rembrandt were very interesting.
The house itself is worth the visit too- it feels very authentic, and though it states that it's not filled with actual Rembrandt articles, it doesn't make it feel fake.
The entry fee is a little high compared to other places, but I really loved it, and am happy to have been.Written 22 September 2022
- Location was beautiful, you come across many eateries, and a river right in front of the station. A charming location to spend the entire eveningWritten 23 September 2022
- Really enjoyed my time here - There was no queue to get in if you have a digital ticket and you get a free (and very detailed) audio tour.
The tour focuses on the 1st floor, in the rooms surrounding the impressive Citizen's Hall which are all beautiful and well worth seeing if you're in the city.
My only critique would be I would have wanted to see more of the palace, however, I understand these are working buildings and that is not always possible.Written 18 September 2022
- Dam Square is nice to see, but it also has so many streets leading off to explore, so you will get to see it more than once. It's easy to find, so very useful for planning routes to other attractions as well.Written 22 September 2022
- We struggled to find it- our fault, our map was basic- but I'm so glad we finally did.
It's amazing to walk in and feel the peace. The chapel was beautiful, and the Houten Huys (one of the oldest in Amsterdam) is worth seeing.
Read the plaques- its history is so interesting, and remember people are actually living here, so don't treat it like a fairground. :)Written 22 September 2022
- staff are friendly and helpful ,easily accessible via transport very knowledgeable tour would recommendWritten 16 August 2022
- When you're in Amsterdam, it is difficult if not impossible to avoid the famous grachtengordel, the three canals added in the seventeenth century. My favourite is the Herengracht, with its large and splendid patricians' houses, but I like the other two as well. Visit the Grachtenmuseum on the Herengracht if you want to learn about the canals and their significance. Their well-treed beauty is self-evident.Written 19 September 2022
- Lovely space, nice shops and great vibe.
I would have liked more vegetarian/vegan options in the food area, as I had limited choice.Written 11 September 2022
- This very well preserved synagogue is certainly worth a visit. It is one of the biggest synagogues built by the jews fleeing from Portugal during the sixteenth century. We may admire the huge stone columns supporting the very high ceiling. In the basement the visitor may see a short film with the history of the sephardite jews as well as several cult objects, many of the centuries old. There are audio guides and a well done flyer.Written 28 August 2022
- Do the Van Gogh and the Rijksmuseum.
Do the old town.
Anne Frank's house 2 stars at best.
All you need to know is tram 2 & 12 😎Written 16 September 2022
- We were here for the 2Cellos concert.
The acoustics are really good, there is no backlash or annoying noise.
Many bars and lockers.
Great!Written 21 July 2022
- a good education as to how these women make a living and what they do and don't do. very informative at the museum.Written 21 September 2022
- Then you will like the houseboat that is populated only by cats and kittens! Dog lovers might be as impressed.Written 14 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Amsterdam
- These experiences are best for sights & landmarks in Amsterdam:
- Skip-the-line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam - Exclusive Guided Museum Tour
- Van Gogh Museum Admission Tickets
- Skip-the-line Rijksmuseum & Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam -Exclusive Guided Tour
- Skip the Line: Body Worlds Amsterdam Ticket
- Skip the Line to the Van Gogh Museum and Access to the Tours in Amsterdam
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for sights & landmarks in Amsterdam:See more sights & landmarks for adrenaline seekers in Amsterdam on Tripadvisor