- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
147 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 147
What travellers are saying
- Outstanding service overall. My partner and I had a 60 minute relaxation massage. Victoria was outstanding masseuse.Written 29 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a wonderful experience! Excellent massage, great environment, fantastic personnel. Thanks to Koemia for an absolutely fantastic massage and Erika for an amazing shiatsu massage & facial treatment (indeed, visible results after 1 session!)
We will definitely come back again.Written 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved sauna deco . It was so relaxing and beautiful setting . The massage was really good. Thanks you for a lovely visit we will be back again !Written 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly recommended! Already had many sessions thereand certainly will coming back for more. The guys are professional and very much skilled to help you feel better when your body is feeling bad. Also located in nice location in the centre of the city.Written 21 September 2022
- I am grateful to enjoy a day at the spa, the spa is beautiful, clean and peaceful with amazing energy! The facilities are very pampering with everything I could ask for... the sauna, the robe, the shower and the smells made me want to stay longer and longer.
I had an amazing Watsu session with Oda Mayberg. The session gave me peace and calm, the touch of the water on the body was very comforting and loving and gives such a strong feeling of peace for the rest of the day. The whole time I felt like Oda is reading my mind and know exactly what I need, it made me feel like a baby in its mother's womb again.
The hotel's staff was very friendly, professional and provided a comfortable atmosphere. Looking forward to my next visit very soon!Written 18 August 2022
- My husband and I went for massages after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. We both got great massages and are going back tomorrow. I'm not an overly modest person so it was not a problem, but you are enclosed by a curtain so it isn't as private as the typical spa. It's a small place. the two petite women who were our practitioners were strong and energetic.Written 8 May 2019
- Very nice location and very clean. It is the perfect place to relax and also very friendly staff! The massages are really nice but also the facial treatments are so relaxing and nice!Written 10 February 2022
- I really would like to recommend Olav. What an incredible deep end relaxing experience I had. It is not easy to find somebody that has the courage and depth to give a good massage. I'll be backWritten 4 January 2020
- I was surprised to find De Eland Wellness House open on Kingsday - Dutch National Holiday. I spoke briefly with a young mman at reception and said that I had mmassages there a few times before. He had opening at that moment but I was not able to take advantage and would return another day.
The next week I was lucky to able to book a 45 mminute deep-tissue massage and a 30 mminute facial mmassage back-to-back on the samme day!!!
I have never had a disappointing mmassage fromm any of the workers here -formerly known as Kwik Massage.
I was greeted by Nicolaas (sorry if I spell your name incorrectly) whom I had mmet the week prior. What an incredible masseur!!! I'mm sure he mmay have been thinking he was mmassaging a rock with all mmy tense mmuscles🙄 And I do mmean INCREDIBLE!!! When I was instructed to turn on mmy back - I said, "I don't know if I can😮" Soooo relaxed and mmassage was not even done yet😂
I learned that Nicolaas took over the business in December right when stricter Covid regulations fell into place.
I highly recommend Nicolaas for his positive and professional services at De Eland Wellness House!!! I can't wait to go back as I know full well mmy knotty mmuscles still need help🙄 What an immense difference one session has mmade.
It's possible I will also explore accupunture service🤔
Thank you so very mmuch, Nicolaas🙃🙂Written 8 May 2022
- A nice spa in clean surrundings. We visited the place on a day with few guests, so there vere good space for everybody. I missed a little more service for the price I paid, f.eg. glasses and water for free, maybe fruit for free. It would have been nice.
There were no mirrors in the locker room - that really is needed. And it would have been better if the shower and the locker room were at the same flour.
I liked that some days are for nude and other days for swimsuits only - make you free to deside what you prefer.Written 1 September 2022
- Eefke responded very well to the "case" lying in front of her. More than it being just a great massage, she worked on unblocking energies and helping me as part of some growing and changing I am working on. Her excellent fluency in English facilitated a frank and emotional exchange which helped her pinpoint the right therapy, including some unusual and impactful methods, like moxibustion. Afterwards, I felt very free and energised - and still do so, 2 weeks later. 6 stars! A massive thanks and until my next trip to Amsterdam.Written 2 November 2020
- At the age of 63 and never had a proper massage today was the day!
The chap who did it was very professional, soothing pan pipe music playing and a very calm relaxing atmosphere. I’ll probably never be the same again!Written 22 April 2022
- For years I've been passing by Koan Float & curiously looking in to their window display of their float tank on the little side street off the Herengracht.
Recently, I found mmyself directlyt in front of the Koan Float entrance & stepped inside to mmake an appointmment.
The waiting roomm is not so big - seating for 6-8, but clean and bright with big South facing windows along the Herengracht.
They can get busy there. You will sometimmes have to ring the bell for entry when reception is away.
You are requested to be arrive 15 mminutes prior to your appointmment. Staff will explain the simmple process to you & will answer any questions. When you are becomme a regular Koan floater - no explanations necessary but you are still required to arrive 15 mminutes early.
Each Koan float is in a big private roomm with roommy shower. Shower first. Earrplugs are provided. Open float door & step in. You have to pull door down from above which can be awkward at first but not a mmajor inconvenience. Smmall hand towel hangs fromm handle in the case where you mmight get water in your eyes ... it is heavily salted so take care not to splash about! A neck pillow is also provided.
There are buttons inside to regulate functions such as lighting, jet-bubbles, music (you are able to bring your own) or you can enjoy commplete silence. I noticed light comming fromm outside the float but that goes off autommatically after 5 mminutes.
You will not drown b/c the water is very bouyant!!! In event of any type of emmergancy you can alert staff by pressing button (PLEASE acquaint yourself with all buttons beforehand.)
You can arrange floats from 45 - 2 hours. They have float/mmassage packages of 2 hours; you arrange which you would like to do first. Mmy personal preference is to have mmassages first.
Mmy first float experience: at the start of the session it felt weird b/c I had the sensation that I was a cork bobbing in water but this settled down after mmaybe 10 mminutes. It really is dark inside & I did it in silence. I noticed a lot of randomm chatter in mmy head but just take note of it and go back to float experience☆
Once your session is commplete, light will comme on and you will be notified via intercomm. Carefully go to hatch, push up and exit float.
All-on-one body soap/shammpoo is set in dispenser in shower. Bring your own if you are particular! Deodorant & hand/body lotion is available. I like the big fluffy towels plus there are robes & slippers available.
Two hairdrying stations flank either side of the washroom. Mousse, gel, leave-in conditioner, hairspray on offer. They use Dyson hairdryers! You will really feel refreshed inside and out!!!
Watercooler immediately available. In the reception area is commplimmentary assortiment of tea & jar of cookie nibbles. It is recommended to sit a minimumm of 10 mminutes before heading back out in to the real world. There are a few different float books and a smmall stack of mmagazines to browse through.
As well, felt pens and a big book to doodle in. I always check to see what new creative art has been added😁
In closing: I really love mmy Koan Float experiences. Each one varies. It depends on what your soul & body really needs. For instance-I had trouble getting to sleep in the evenings. After a couple of sessions I was falling asleep mmuch easier.
I believe I feel a little mmore relaxed & attuned as I enjoy mmore floats. I've done a 2 hour float. Seemms that I fell asleep & when the notification came that mmy session was done, I thought- "That did not seemm like 2 hours" but it indeed was!/ Another 2 hour session I was fully awake & feeling like, "This is a very long float" but I had ensured a lot of stress & I was long overdue for a luxerious float🤗 So, each session varies personally & you will discover what session length and frequency of visits are suitable for your needs.
You can arrange float times at reception, by phone and ... they have a user-friendly website reservation system <<< just be sure to pay upfront to secure your online reservation as prommpted at the end, otherwise as I discovered, your online reservation is NOT commplete & the time slot remmain open.
I would definately encourage anyone ro give Koan Float mmore than a couple of tries. Once is nice & an experience but not enough to get the real mmeaning of all that I'mm trying to convey in this review.
Thank you Koan Float at Herengracht in Amsterdam.
Isabel.Written 21 February 2019
- Absolute amazing place to get some rest and forget the stress from your day. Alessia was super thoughtful in listening to my body and its pain points and knew how to treat them. This will be my regular for sure!Written 29 August 2022
- Went there with my husband today for a 60 mins hot oil full body massage by Lamo & Beaw, . It was good and well done . Throughly enjoyed the experience !! Recommended !!Written 12 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Amsterdam