Top Attractions in Winterthur
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- So MUCH TO DO. Kids loved it, they were higly entertained and may even have learnt something (although that is hard to say). They were thoroughly entertained.Written 17 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We decided to take a trip to Schloss Kyburg and were not disappointed. We parked on the edge of the village in parking bays on the main road in. From there it was no more than a ten minute walk through the pretty village up to the castle itself. The admission price includes visiting almost every nook and cranny the castle has to offer. The buildings are well preserved. Whilst most of the information boards are in German, in many rooms we found translations in other languages such as English or French. The castle is clearly steeped in history. Enjoy!Written 12 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Incredible quality art experience just outside Zurich in a former private home with kind and helpful staff and a cute cafe. For two hours we were the only visitors in the galleries. Highlights of the collection: A pair of Van Gogh oil paintings of the asylum experience--one inside the facility and the other outside in the garden. Also saw two Van Gogh drawings which were exceptionally beautiful and rare. Mostly well known European artists of the 17th-19th Centuries. Nice walk in the garden and and we picked a few quince and apples from the orchard.Written 15 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The atmosphere was nice, full of kids and laughing people. We could not see many animals but was a nice walk through the woods. It is a convenient place, not far from the motorway, ok to spend an afternoon with some friends and babies. We will come back.Written 4 August 2019
- Especially the Caspar David Friedrichs are an asset to this museum but also other artists from various époques of European art history are well represented. This museum is among the best in Switzerland.Written 10 June 2019
- The information in The Art of Winterthur review is helpful as you will miss the best of what's available if you only visit one; however it misses the information (as did I until I visited Reinhardt am Stadtgarten) that there is a further wonderful collection at Oskar Reinhart's home (on the hill above the city) Am Römerholz.
If you are only there for the day it is probably worth "editing" your visit. While the Stadthaus museum focusses more on the 20th Century + incl contemporary artists, the room with the extraordinary Monet seascape Belle-île, coucher de soleil is worth a visit for the paintings shown here alone.
For families - young children seemed to be fascinated by the Natural History wing of the museum.Written 16 December 2019
- We visited the Naturmuseum with my 3 yr old hoping that he wouldn’t be too young for the exhibitions. He loved everything and he was so excited to see what lies behind that wall, under those stairs... There are a lot of interactive educational parts in the museum - e.g.this was the first time that he looked into a microscope. Although it is a smaller museum, we spent about an hour there and my son kept going back to try the interactions/look at animals he might have missed. Very good value for money (free entry for under 16s and only CHF5 per adult). There was no parking spaces left in front of the museum, but you can park in the theater’s parking garage or by Manor/Coop. Very much recommendedWritten 9 March 2019
- Winterthur has a calmer atmosphere than nearby Zurich and we enjoyed strolling this street with shops, restaurants, cafes and a fountain. Some service vehicles can also access the street but generally it is a great place to take a walk, have lunch or dinner, and view the town.Written 18 September 2019
- To make it clear I am not an artist, but my wife is. I expect she would rate the place higher than I do but it is an interesting experience, not too large and manageable as a non - connoisseur. Great place for lunch too.Written 3 July 2021
- When arriving at the entrance of Skills Park the view of the old factory estate is breath taking, it has a very urban unique vibe,
once inside you're greeted by a mega ramp while standing in a que, to the right of the mega ramp is a seating place for food and drink, once you've paid for your ticket you collect your wrist band then you can choose to rent rides from scooters to bmx with helmets, you will however need to use a phone or bank card as a deposit.
The amount of things you can do is amazing however I went at the worst possible time and day as Saturday was OVER crowded with very young children, don't even think of going Sunday if you want to enjoy the Park as a young adult or professional rider, Monday to Friday is the least busiest.
The price is very good, the equipment is good but crowd control is a must on weekends.Written 1 January 2018
- An easy climb up from the main road from the No 10 bus stop "Baumli". The footpath up is well sign posted.Written 25 April 2018
- Friendly stuff, great support with a lot of information. You are supplied with when, what time and how to reach your destination promptly. Given a map with detailed instructions.
Keep on the great work.Written 7 November 2018
- Due to subsidy restrictions by the City of Winterthur the museum was closed in spring 2015, part of the collection is shown in Hamburg, Paris with in credible success (Paris: 170'000 vistors in a few months).
Please bring it back soon!!!Written 15 March 2016
- It is a place well worth visiting. Although it is a small place there are many varieties of roses and when I could imagine the sight whe the rose are in full bloom. Since not far away from the main station located just over the Old Town, it does not take much time to go there.Written 1 March 2017
- Eulachpark is a nice park on the banks of the little Eulach river in the suburb of Oberwinterthur. Families mingle with young people, some kind of alternative and hipster people can be seen.Written 22 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Winterthur