Points of Interest & Landmarks • Flea & Street Markets
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
53 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 53
What travellers are saying
- After buying your panini from Gino's, take some time in la Piazza del Mercato with nice views around.Written 25 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Porta Siena is just a multi-level shopping centre, the entrance to which is about 100 metres from the station exit. There are three levels of shops (accessed via escalators) that include a supermarket, clothing and sporting goods etc as well as a food court.
Perhaps though the most important feature of the shopping centre is that it provides access up the hill to the Viale Vittorio Emanuele II which leads to the Porta Camollia, one of the gateways to the city of Siena.
There are six escalators (two inside the shopping centre) and two moving footways that take you from the entrance to Porta Siena at station level up to the Viale Vittorio Emanuele II at the top of the hill. Once up the top of the escalators it is about a 10 minute walk to the Porta Camolia. From the Porta Camollia it is a further approximately 15 minute walk to Il Campo.Written 12 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful shop full of lots of little surprises. Lovely presents and gifts to purchase. Great Venetian masks and Murano Glass.Written 26 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you need something really great and original to bring home from Siena and to capsule in time, Galleria Novecento is your only place you need to visit. Honestly I visited Siena many times and among with all tourist souvenirs and hole in the wall shops offering you cheep souvenirs Galleria Novecento is the Ali Baba’s cave. Located not far from the main plaza “piazza del Campo” only 400 meters. Not far neither from “porta Pispini” or “porta Romana”. The gallery is at base floor in 1600s palazzo. You can still see the original ark ceilings. The place exhibition is focused on last century items. You can find art from well known Italian artist as well European. Past two world wars and peculiar object. Some of them really rare and single in world. Movie memorabilia lovers and collectors will find classic, original vintage movie posters, photographs, and manifests. Antique pocket watches and vintage wrist from 60s and 70s you can find here in excellent working condition. Fabulous English speaking customer service. Bottom-line if you are appreciate good old things this is the place, Trust me.Written 3 September 2019
- I have to confirm the GREAT Siena Tartufi as the best quality and prices! We went to visit Siena and it was a real pleasure to meet Alessandro and to buy some white and black truffle, can't wait to eat it 😋 smell and quality is amazing! Thank you and we will back soon for sure 🙏Written 29 December 2021
- For more than 20 years I have known this small craft store in the historic center of Siena. Here you can buy high-quality hand made leather goods ... as I did again during my last stay in this city in November 2022.
Absolutely recommend!Written 8 November 2022
- I saw the Piazza del campo with a local guide. She was informative and told us the old and new customs. Horse racing happens 2 times a year,Written 24 June 2022
- I recommend this shop for the good quality of both men's and women’s clothing and various kinds of accessories you can find here ❤️Written 9 October 2021
- A most wonderful display of true artisan work in wax. Everything is unique from the smallest item to sunflowers, tulips, lilies, and candles of all shapes and sizes. The candles can be personalised as a lovely gift and if there is an 'o/0' in the name/date make it a heart. We will treasure the flowers and candles we bought along with the memory of the ladies in the shop and their passion for what they created.Written 23 November 2019
- What a wonderful store. These hand created ceramics are BEAUTIFUL!! We usually get nervous about shipping back to the US but this store is amazing. You don’t have to ask, they just provide the order number, their contact info and an approx ship date. Our ceramics arrived today in excellent condition. The packing was incredible. US companies could learn something from this store regarding, customer service, shipping, and packing. We will continue to buy from their website and hope to visit again.Written 16 August 2022
- Grazie Sonia We loved your shop and we want to collect all the contade animals -yours the elephant next!Wonderful hand painted dishes and ornaments w some vendors in US carrying their items incl one in The Washington square area of SF where Sonia has come to paint personalized ornaments. The 17 contrade dishes are charming and love to collect all of them. We started a collection this trip and learned about Sonia’s parents and sister who runt his business for 35 years . Now we will watch Instagram for when she is next in the US . Shop is near duomo.. easy walk from
Piazza dei campo. Siena traditional platters and dishes, holiday bells ..all wonderful. Reasonable pricing as well .dishwasher and micro safeWritten 1 December 2021
- We discovered this hop while on a day trip from Florence. Wandering by I saw a necklace that caught my eye and wondered if it cam in another color. The owner stated she absolutely could reproduce it and the earrings in my color and it would take about 10 minutes. Beautiful craftsmanship and quality. We ended up buying several more pieces for ourselves and to take home as gifts! Very worth a stop and look!Written 5 August 2021
- We ran into this shop in Siena and in Sorrento as well. They entice you with lots of yummy samples....do not be afraid to go in and enjoy; they are quite generous! We favored the limoncello nuts, the pistachio hazelnut pralines and the small varieties of cookies. These items are very expensive and the boxes do given a false sense of how much product you are getting. As far as the samples NOT being the same item you take home, we did not find that to be true. These items are nicely packaged and make nice gifts to bring home.Written 11 August 2019
- I get so many compliments on my cute little hat I bought last Fall. Definitely will be back to get another next time I'm in the area.Written 24 November 2020
- We wanted to purchase some Chianti from local producers and visited several merchants on our trip to Siena. The staff in Cantina del Brunello we’re very friendly, knowledgeable and made the buying process fun. We are looking forward to receiving our order, which we hope lives up to our expectations. If it does we shall order more.Written 9 October 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Siena