- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
33 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travellers are saying
- Love the simple lift here. its a short hop from the main land so gives you the option to experience island life even just for a few days. Climb the vulcano, hire a buggy to explore the island end to end. Less sophisticated than Panarea or Salina but that is its charm and there are plenty of good restaurants to try - to splash out book the restaurant at the Therasia Resort which is outstanding. The walk to the top of the Vulcano is not as strenuous as on Stomboli but gives an idea of the sheer majesty and uniqueness of these islandsWritten 15 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Wonderful hike with amazing views of water on both sides. Strongly recommend hiking up for the sunset. Take a headlamp for the walk back downWritten 23 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful experience today with the Etna Donkey Trekking! Our family did the one hour tour and our guide/owner Salvo was full of knowledge. He was very kind to our boys ages 10, 8 and almost 5. He is all about family and taking the time to enjoy nature. His love for Sicily is obvious and for his donkeys as well! We highly recommend this tour, it was a unique experience and worth the money!Written 19 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We booked this tour from our hotel and after a bus picking us up we were taken to a small village up the hills and met our guide Antonio! What a man...he knows the place on his finger tips and was ready to answer all our questions and satisfy our needs. We highly recommend this tour especially with Antonio.Written 4 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- To understand something of the taste of secular Palermo we headed north outside the city. The park has a lot of palaces and in the town of Bagheria one has to use imaginative effort to realise the former charm. Walking is the best way to see something of the villas. Villa Palagonia is famous for the marble encrusted saloon and its grotesque sculptures of its walls.. We visited the Museo archeological a rather traditional museum, its high point is a room of sculptures and bronzes.Written 18 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We took our MTBs but not really a good idea. Too many steps. Beautiful walking track with gorgeous views. Great for families (who like walking uphill) tooWritten 20 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There is a car park at the bottom of the steps which already has a lovely view. If you are energetic you can climb the steps and get another stunning view and see the nice buildings. It was closed on our visit but apparently when open you can visit the caves underneath which have nice wall paintings from long ago.Written 21 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a more adventurous path than the Punta Troia trail, higher and with better views of the whole eastern side of the island. Directions: Follow the main road south out of town. Fork left at the cemetery, or enter it from the road and pass thru the unlocked gates to reach the path continuing southward (the cemetery is fascinating to walk through). Within a few hundred meters on, lovely beaches are seen including Praia di Nacchi, and there is a trail marker (a single pole) with an arrow pointing uphill, follow that and then the path through the small pine tree woods, gaining altitude and then following the exposed trail up and southward (with switchbacks). At the saddle, continue to follow the trail on the right (western) side of the ridge, somewhat exposed in places but not dangerous. The views continue to get better. Pass one and then another stone hut. As you approach the final ridges, the seagulls will go crazy but none attacked us. Tremendous views. Our family of 4 took about 3 hours roundtrip from Marettimo town, could be faster if you wanted. Didn't see anyone else on this trail that morning.Written 6 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sicily
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Sicily:
- Etna - Trekking to the summit craters (only guide service) experienced hikers
- Mount Etna Half day Jeep 4x4 Tour from Catania or Taormina
- 10-Day Tour to Discover the World Heritage Region of Sicily
- Sunset Trekking on Stromboli - Ashàra Volcanological Guides
- Tandem Paragliding Flight in Cefalù
- These are the best hidden gems for hiking trails in Sicily:See more hidden gem hiking trails in Sicily on Tripadvisor