- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
48 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 48
What travellers are saying
- We went in october. The view at the top is amazing, but the pools are even better.
The gate was still closed, but the office next to it was open and the lady provided us with a map. We climbed over the gate and started or hike downwards.
Wear good walking shows! It is a difficult hike with a lot of rocks. It took us 40 minutes to go downwards and an hour to go back up with breaks (we are 27/25 years old and quite healthy).
But the Pools downstairs are worth it. You can jump from the cliffs into the water and enjoy nature! The water is cold, but you need that coolness for the way back up.
Bring enough water to drink for the way back up.
You can park at "parking - riserva cavagrande del cassible".
WATCH OUT, FRAUDS ARE STILL ACTIVE. When we drove back, just around the corner there was a car standing still and someone was standing outside. My boyfriend went with a big amount of space around it, but we heard a sound like we hit a rock. When I looked back I noticed that the man was signing that we hit his car (don't know how when the space between our cars was more than 1 meter), then I luckily remembered the other TripAdvisor reviews, so we didn't stop. Thanks TripAdvisor!Written 6 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is a very nice place to visit by snorkling. Normally you can enter only by swimming, no boats allowed to enter, but not everybody is taking care about. Better to visit on a week day, try to avoid weekends.Written 11 July 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Plan for a two hours stay including parking and buying tickets. Parking just outside the park and on the street leading to the park. Look for attendants in blue. 2/4/all day pass.
Park has two sides - Ear of Dionysus and the Teatro. Same ticket. Peaceful walks, quiet and easy to walk around.
Bring a lunch if you stay a little longer than 2 hours. Benches and ancient stones to sit on.
Bathrooms are free for service 1 euro. Restaurant on site.
Not many signs explaining what you are looking at yet what is there, gives a strong base.Written 21 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The caves, in the past, were usual places for the rare monk seal and now it seems that one specimen is sometimes swimming there. The water is absolutely transparent, it is nice to snorkel in the area where it is possible.Written 17 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Both the visit of the prehistoric cave art and the way there are absolutely unmissable. The paintings with buffaloes, deers and boars go back to 13000 years ago when Levanzo was united to Favignana and Marsala by a huge plain. The engravings with dolphins and tunas go back to 8000 years ago when Levanzo was by then an island. You must book the visit and Natale is an outstanding guide for knowledge, competence and passion.
We decided to walk there 1 hour and a half from the village: the path is easy to find and amazing beautiful with constant stunning views of the Mediterranean sea and smell of thyme!!! If you are sailing, it could be an option also to berth below Punta del Genovese and use the small harbor to reach in 5 minutes walk the Grotta from the sea.Written 22 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our visit to the caves was brilliant. We had a great English speaking guide who escorted us through the cave system for well over an hour and he explained all the formations etc.
It’s breathtaking underground and very safe because it has been engineered for visitors safety throughout.
It’s well with the visit.Written 9 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Free 1/2 hour guided tours on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Locked at other times. Not well publicised but information from the Tourist Information office a few streets away.
The cave is illumined and you will be given a hard hat to wear. You will need it.
Entry is down some steep wooden steps from a doorway in the cliff face.
Some flowstone and small stalactites in several interconnecting chambers.
The volunteer guide makes it interesting though, explaining the history of the cave and his part in it.
This is not for everyone. It is a bit of a scramble inside so not suitable for the less active.Written 23 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Easy walk to the caves. The hike from the parkinglot to the cave and the formations is only 1 km.
Nice view over the Valley to the coast also.Written 20 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sicily
- These are the most romantic places for caverns & caves in Sicily:See more romantic caverns & caves in Sicily on Tripadvisor