Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
31 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travellers are saying
- The Church and churchyard were beautiful and worth the walk from the lakeside. The church had beautiful paintings and religious depictions inside the church. It took our breath away.Written 9 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is a haven for nature lovers with free access to a lakefront beach. Due to the ten minute cyclone that had passed through Beono on August 11th it was closed. There was a lot of fallen trees and broken branches visible from the street.Written 14 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- From our experience in Italy, the tourist office staff have been very helpful this summer.
This place is located in a beautiful old historic Church square.
It was closed when we went there,unfortunately.Written 13 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely small place to visit with lots of interest,
beautiful painted artwork images on the wall outside with stunning brick arches to walk throughWritten 22 September 2022
- Hired a boat from here for the afternoon to drive round lake Maggiore. It’s a great way to see the lake which is obviously massive.
Booked the boat before we arrived. Team at the place we’re great - can speak (just enough) English. Boat very new and clean everything worked. You don’t need a licence. Takes credit card - you need to take proof of Id.
Highly recommended.Written 14 July 2019
- Beautiful the lake in this period of the year , with thousands of flowering azaleas , many tourists are coming back to this lake after two years of restrictions due to coronavirusWritten 14 May 2022
- We visited this rock museum in July 2019, it was extremely hot inside with no air con so we didn't stay long. it only takes around 20 -30 minutes to look round and read the boards but it is free and is interesting but not worth a trip if you are outside of the area. It is on the same site as the church of Santi Gervaso e Protaso in Piazza Della Chiesa.Written 7 August 2019
- My wife, 6 year old daughter and I spent the day here on two occasions in late July.
The 'aqua' part consists of an open air pool with adjacent shallow kiddies wading pool and three enclosed water slides. There is a man-made 'beach' with sun loungers and shades. The pool has a retractable cover in case it rains.
The 'adventure' part mainly consists of a rock climbing (with abseil descent), bungee-trampolines, separate kiddies and adults high wire obstacle courses and a covered, limited, soft play area for younger children. You can also hire e-bikes. This venue also hosts summer camps for school kids (in Italian only). There is a snack bar and a kiosk by the pool.
There is certainly plenty to do, but at a cost! Having paid to access the pool, you pay extra for sun beds, pay extra for each use of the water slides and pay extra to use the showers! Payment is made via pre-pay wrist bands.
The adventure options are, pay per use, although there are various packages that bundle activities together, saving cost. However buy wisely because you may struggle to use up all your credits. In fact we pre-bought four activities for our 6year old and only used 3 on the second visit. There was no control on who was entitled to how many activities; the electronic access system for the adventure park (different to the wrist band) was inactive and nobody checked receipts to verify entitlements (also means I had no way to claim any refund on unused activities).
If you want to alternate between 'aqua' and 'adventure' during the course of the day (rather than doing activities en-bloc) then transitioning between the two areas is a total faff; you have to go through the changing rooms, turnstiles and reception to get from one area to the other.
Facilities are clean and tidy although the adventure park is showing signs of wear (especially the high wire sections).
Staff is polite and helpful and all seem to speak good English as the default alternative to Italian.
The pool, in particular, is small in view of the potential footfall. However, luckily on the two days we visited, the facility was no more than 1/3 full, which, considering the peak season, perhaps serves to emphasise how expensive this location is.Written 11 August 2017
- Very nice monument to remember the fallen in the First World War, at the foot of a Corinthian column a father says good bye to the son going to warWritten 14 January 2021
- Very cool tower from medieval times. Passed through here on our way to lunch and we just had to stop and take picturesWritten 21 September 2022
- The Summer Boat company provides boat service to any of the 3 islands individually and also has a 3 island tour (Isola Madre, Isola Bella, and Isola Pescatorie) from Baveno. There is a set schedule (you can't do it in any order you want) and boats pick you up at each island at set times during the day. We started at 9:45AM and were back in Baveno by 4pm. When we were on Isola Bella, there were more people waiting to transfer than the boat could hold. The operator called Summer Boats and an additional boat arrived in 5 minutes. Isola Madre and Isola Bella had much to see, while Isola Pecatorie was perfect for lunch and a little shopping.Written 8 October 2018
- A very nice restaurant on the lake with a good view to the lake. Reasonable prices especially after we have been in Switzerland. The food is tasty but it's take a long time until they serve the dish. We wait30 minutes minutes and we have been here to timesWritten 2 August 2017
- Excellent customer service, the staff is friendly and speaks English, great quality beer, big selection of spirits and also nice food, you can watch sports on big screen TV and they have a nice outside setting.Written 16 June 2017
- After looking at reviews online for a boat service, we came across the service of Stefano and Mihaela. They run a small boat service in Baveno.
Stefano en Mihaela er both really sweet people and take all the time to help you with what you are looking. They explain everything really well, about what you can do, visit by boat and where you can eat. They make really good suggestions when it comes to food and nice restaurants.
A big plus here is that you only pay for the boat rent. You have no fuss when it comes to fueling the boat, as you have to fuel it yourself right before you come back.
When you are looking for a reliable boat rental shop, don’t look any further and go see Stefano and Mihaela. You will not regret it!Written 19 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Baveno