Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Trieste
Historic Sites • Castles
Admission tickets from €19.60
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- In the heart of Trieste with amazing Xmas lights and a view of the sea. This is a must. Its the heart of Trieste. Yiy can see minemara Castle from here tooWritten 30 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The castle is beautiful and the surroundings are stunning. It is free one Sunday a month to go into so I'd recommend going then if you can. The view from around the castle are great. This is a pleasant way to spend an afternoonWritten 30 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An old rice processing plant that was used as a working/concentration camp through the war, Very sad as you would expect,
The museum is very well done.
We walked from the main square - about 5 km or easy to take number 20 busWritten 20 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For people who love 20th century history, this is a must-do… the volunteers are friendly, engaging, and make the experience entertaining. There is plenty to see, with a lot of artifacts from the era. We’ve learned a lot about the history of Trieste during WWII, and highly recommend this experience.Written 1 November 2022
- I really enjoyed the visit to San Giusto! The cathedral itself is a wonderful example of early medieval architecture and the bell tower climb will get you to amazing views of the gulf. The main mosaic inside is quite recent but very striking, and one of the niches is covered by an older mosaic that is very impressive. The bell tower inside is also quite interesting, having been built around and on top of a pre-existing roman building of which you can still see the vestiges.Written 24 August 2022
- A fabulous way to spend 90 mins - 2 hrs - history and beautiful rooms and furniture - then a tour through a plethora of modern art 🖼. 7 Euros is a very very fair outlay for a place worth preserving and lovely staff well worth employing - the art is great the historical rooms are magnificent .Written 28 September 2022
- Cool pláž se super západy slunce a večerní atmosférou. / Cool beach with great sunsets and evening atmosphere.Barcola je super místo v Terstu, kde narazíte na místní, ale i spoustu turistů, kteří buď zamířili do Terstu přímo nebo jej mají jen, jako přestupní stanici.
Jsou zde perfektní západy slunce a večerní atmosféra. Nevýhodou je přístup do moře po schodech nebo z kamenů.
Za odlivu se dá užít trocha písčité pláže ve směru na zámeček Mira Mare, ale to chce tam být už dopoledne.
Určitě to není nejkrásnější pláž na světě, ale má své kouzlo a my sem při letních návštěvách Itálie vždy rádi zamíříme.
V borovém hájku je několik barů a bister. Některé lepší, jiné horší.
Doporučit se dá La Pineta Delle Scimie (Planeta Opic), kde mají v některých sezónách české pivo a taky si dáte fajn svačinu. Některé večery hraje DJ nebo živá hudba.
Přes silnici je navíc pár dobrých restaurací, které stojí za návštěvu.
Barcola is a cool place in Trieste where you'll run into locals, but also a lot of tourists who are either headed to Trieste directly or just have it as a stopover.
There are perfect sunsets and evening atmosphere. The downside is the access to the sea by stairs or stones.
At low tide, you can enjoy a bit of sandy beach in the direction of Mira Mare Castle, but that requires being there in the morning.
It's certainly not the most beautiful beach in the world, but it has its charms and we always like to head here when we visit Italy in the summer.
There are several bars and bistros in the pine grove. Some better, some worse.
One to recommend is La Pineta Delle Scimie (Planet of the Apes), where they have Czech beer in some seasons and you can also have a nice snack. Some nights there is a DJ or live music.
There are also a couple of good restaurants across the road that are worth a visit.Written 22 November 2022
- Definitely must take a walk to the end of the pier, not just to see the incredible Adriatic but to turn around and look at the architecture along the quai.Written 2 October 2022
- Nice place to walk around and relax. I august is extremely hot and I would recommend to visit in another time of the year.Written 7 September 2020