- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
35 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 35
What travellers are saying
- ...because all movies are in the original language, subtitled in Italian if it is a foreign film. This is rare for Italy, which makes this theater a must for film buffs learning a language. A friendly staff and lively music videos entertain you prior to the films. And the neighborhood is one of the oldest and most active in Rome.Written 1 May 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped at this lovely little cinema in Villa Borghese. The staff were especially friendly and helpful. They allowed us to have a look around with the children and were very enthusiastic. It is a lovely cinema and looks well looked after. We were looking forward to returning to see Minions in Italian but we had no cash and they dont accept cards. So it was bad planning on our part. Definitely worth a wee visit if you like film.Written 23 October 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We felt extremely lucky that the night we booked was a soul night right up our street! We booked a table for food at 10 and got there early for drinks.. it didn’t pick up until around 10:30. The bar staff were amazing recommended some really good cocktails and wine. The cocktails were some of the best we had in Italy (no offence to Italy but cocktails are not their thing! So I’d avoid and stick to wine!) The food was really good I was surprised given its a love music venue .. we had octopus to start and then beef.. I would find an evening with a music event to your liking and highly recommend booking. Dress code was casual smart lots in boots and jeans.Written 10 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was such a great experience in Rome to visit Azzurro Scipioni - the cinema of signor Silvano Agosti. We were watching "Le amiche" - by maestro Michelangelo Antonioni. The movies theater is very authentic and has a apecial atmosphere - non-touristic place for sure. We enjoyed a lot watching an old Italian movie at Azzurro Scipioni and will come back again for 100%.Written 1 May 2019
- Do you love movies? Do you miss the good old stuff found only at old cinemas like a foyer, alcoholic beverages, pictures of old movies? Was lucky to watch " Manchester by the Sea" in the original audio track. Loved it. If you have some spare time in Rome this is for you.Written 14 March 2017
- My review is entirely based on the fact that whilst the cinema is an upmarket one, that often holds premieres, it no longer shows any English language movies at all, thus forth it is not to be kept in consideration as nightlife in Rome. If you are hoping to catch a movie whilst in the city, try the Nuova Olimpia,Via in Lucina, 16. They do a movie a week are located right off the via del Corso main street in the city centre.Written 14 November 2011
- Nuovo Olimpia seems to specialise in creative art-house and independent films.
It is a lovely place to see a film. It is such a pleasure to see an old-style theater still around, too
It is small, old two-screen film house, the only movie theater in Rome where they show a large variety of films, both blockbusters and classics/foreign films in original language.
It is not fancy at all, there is no bar, not even a coffee machine placed somewhere, in a corner, but we really do like it, it's our favourite cinema in Rome for it's charm and the clear love of quality films the staff display.
So all in all, a good place to see a movie, especially those ones in original languages that you won't see in other cinemas.
It's a little old, maybe it's time for some update and refurbishment to go.Written 27 November 2019
- Very rude cleaning staff. They place themselves by the door at the end of the movie and force you to leave the theater without having the chance to use the restroom. After a two-hour long movie, my daughter had to beg her to let her use the bathroom and after not even five minutes the cleaning lady went to the bathroom to literally kick my daughter out. That was extremely disrespectful! I will NEVER go to that movie theater again. Besides the fact that they don’t even do their job, as both the room and the restroom were disgustingly dirty.Written 27 September 2019
- This is a very busy cafe in the Borghese Gardens. Food is acceptable, service is very slow. Watch out though - the waiters are routinely giving tourists the wrong change. You give them a 50 note and they give you change for a 20 and so on.Written 15 June 2017
- Good place to watch movies in original version only thing i don't like here is the seat i can't rest much my feet and a bit cold inside but anyways the rest is okWritten 28 February 2016
- I love that place - never crowded, with relaxed and friendly staff and cozy and not too crowded and quite clean.
The nachos with cheese are tasty and the chairs are comfy.
With the close location to home, it is my favourite cinema.
If you come by car, I think you may have a challenge finding parking, if you come by car. But I never researched on the topic.Written 12 February 2017
- We stumbled across this place whilst it was occupied by anarchists, they were showing live football (Roma vs Inter, I think). It cost 1€ entry, there was a hole in roof so that you could see the stars, lots of people inside, heavy weed smoke, wine in a plastic cup was 1.5€. A great (bianca) pizza takeaway around the corner - it was a most memorable evening.Written 17 April 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Rome
- These are the best places for kid-friendly movie theatres in Rome:See more movie theatres for children in Rome on Tripadvisor