- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
22 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Get off the beaten path and stroll around this interesting neighbourhood, stop in at a café if you can, I had the best pastry at one of them.Written 28 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place to walk round with lots of Jewish and Roman history. Picturesque, good restaurants and shopping, and Chanukiah lightingWritten 19 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An amazing place ! 10/10 one of the most charming place i ever saw in my life. Rome is a diamond, sadly there are too much noise of cars aroundWritten 28 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great area in the centre of Rome full of great, cheap ,traditional restaurants and bars. Everybody friendly and helpful. Close to a lot of the great sites such as the Colisseum and the forums. 15 minutes from Parthenon and Trevi fountain.Written 24 November 2022
- Back in Testaccio yesterday afternoon and evening for street art, aperitivo, and dinner with friends. One of my favorite neighborhoods in Rome, and it never disappoints. Always wonderful to walk by the ancient Monte Testaccio and the Pyramid of Cestius.Written 14 March 2022
- Always an interesting neighborhood, we were back in Ostiense yesterday for a street art tour with Scooteroma. Saw some street art we knew from years before but also striking new work, and learned more about the background of the neighborhood as well as the street art movement.Written 14 March 2022
- Via del Corso is a street in the centre of the historical city of Rome. It runs from Piazza del Popolo to the Piazza Venezia, in the heart of the city. East of Via del Corso is the area of Piazza Spagna, bustling with tourists and locals. It is also the shopping area with lots of branded stores, nice restaurants and cafes.Written 21 December 2018
- Just across the street from the Vatican this is in a charming location. Rooms clean, beds comfy, breakfast, due to Covid pretty sad. Staff, which is not on the premises is easy to reach and try to be helpful.Written 17 June 2022
- Mainly went here for the views from the top which you reach via a glass elevator at the rear of the building. Apart from the architecture there isn't much else. Great views across Rome, and colosseum is close by.Written 10 April 2022
- What a gorgeous boutique hotel so close to all the magical things to do in Rome! We covered all the major attractions on foot from here and after a busy day relaxed with friends of an afternoon with complimentary Prosecco! The rooms were immaculate and the shower much bigger than others experienced in Europe. Perfect location!Written 28 July 2018
- Yes, this neighborhood has graffiti, and some parts are gritty, with closed buildings and construction going on. But is also has cool street art, all the benefits of La Sapienza university (concerts, exhibits, museums), the San Lorenzo church, the massive and beautiful cemetery, and plenty of little restaurants and bars. There is an energy from the students and I find this is a pleasant neighborhood to explore.Written 21 May 2019
- This is a bit of a hidden gem, which anyway Rome has in plenty. It is a beautiful garden/orchard with two churches/chapels in the vicinity. Lots of beautiful trees in the orchard (especially orange trees) and it is really nice to go here, especially early in the morning or late in the evening before sunset and to grab a bite near Piramide.Written 4 September 2016
- Four of us stayed here for a long weekend, and were really pleased to have found this apartment, which was in a great location, close to The Vatican, with shops, restaurants and a metro within a short distance. Federico was a great host, with good local knowledge, organising taxi transfers and providing maps, clear directions and advice on what to see and where to eat nearby. The apartment has two bedrooms, with comfy beds, and a beautiful view over the piazza from the 7th floor balcony (there is a lift!) . We had breakfast each morning just round the corner at Pur Sud, where we found an amazing selection of pastries and coffees to set us up each day for sightseeing and shopping. I would definitely stay again on future visits to Rome.Written 6 November 2017
- This neighborhood was off the usual tourist path and has many treasures, including the street art open air museum.
Unfortunately, some of the areas with murals and street art were overgrown and in a bit of disrepair- But this was also reflective of the overall atmosphere at the time (some political turmoil over trash collection, politics). The neighborhood art and postings have very clear signs of political dissent and the history of the neighborhood as a stronghold against fascism makes it worth a look if you are a traveler who enjoys exploration and venturing from the typical sights.Written 16 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Rome
- These are the most romantic places for neighbourhoods in Rome:See more romantic neighbourhoods in Rome on Tripadvisor