20 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Decided to take a local bus and head down to this beach. There are plenty of loungers (at a price) you can hang out on. This is very large beach, plenty of space. Great for all ages and families. There's plenty of food options and the water was so nice! Worth spending a day here and relaxing.Written 1 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gorgeous views. Beautiful aqua blue water but it was a bit dirty due to algae and turf from the waves. Overall nice beach with free entry and shops and places to eat right across from the waterWritten 8 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We found this beach not far from where we stayed. It's not very big so don't know how it would be if it got very crowded. When we went twice it was fine. There are sunbeds as usual @ €24 for 2 with umbrella but we didn't get them as we were only there for a couple of hours each time. The public part is small but manageable. Definitely take an umbrella with you here as there is little shade. Water is warm with grainy sand. Waves can be strong and it gets deep quickly so not ideal for young children but saying that our 5 year old loved it as long as he had a float and of course a parent stayed with him in the water. There is a small drinks bar here also. There are steep steps down to the beach but worth it .Written 18 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely little beach if you’re up for a nice long stroll down a windy road and steps, and back up again. I love that it wasn’t as crowded as the other beaches probably because it’s not as readily accessible. The sun goes down over the mountain around 3/4pm but I didn’t mind at all and had a really nice day there. Two restaurants serve food and have a typical café/bar for beverages but I brought my lunch. I did unfortunately find some trash on the beach maybe from the wind washing it ashore, so I implore you to pick up and throw away anything you see to help keep the beaches and sea life healthy!Written 19 June 2021
- Lovely beach with nice, clear water, soft sand. There are not many tourists in October. Good place for quiet walks and bathing in the seaWritten 7 November 2018
- A superb fish restaurant, with delicious food and even better service in a stunning setting. The staff are super helpful and took a long time to fully describe the menu and offer suggestions. We stayed in Ischia for 7 nights and were so impressed with Gardenia Mare that we returned. On our first visit we took a water taxi back to our hotel, which capped off a wonderful evening.
Beware that there are a lot of steps to navigate down/up if you arrive by road.Written 8 September 2023
- We walked all around San Francesco beach on our way to the Giardini Mortella and it is a great place to see , very relaxing with plenty of bars and restaurantsWritten 25 June 2019
- Clear warm water, and fairly shallow so safe for families. Beach was not overly clean and was very busy and had many sellers walking around. We did not necessarily feel safe leaving our bags with our umbrella when swimming.Written 10 July 2023
- Peace and quiet away from the port. Little sunshine on the public part so a lounger and parasol are a must . not at all expensive. Worth the trek if youre fit enough.Written 5 October 2019
- We got there on the bus from Ischia Porto and we were actually trying to get to San Franseco beach but missed the bus stop. We could have walked along the beach up to SF but decided to stop where we were and take a couple of sun beds here. He only charged us for half a day even though we sat down at 11am. Brilliant beach if you had children because it is shallow. I had to walk about 30m into the sea before it got to my thighs and then it's deep enough for an adult to swim. Lovely sand too. Gentle waves on the day we were there. There are bars and cafés to get drinks etc and if you walk a bit towards Forio, there is a lovely bakery on the main road which sold big slices of pizza, cakes, cold drinks etc cheaper than the bars.Written 6 October 2015
- Recently spent three days camped out on the first row of beach beds. Beware they charge an additional premium for the first row. The beach is clean and well maintained. You are a little hemmed in but the whole beach area is not that large with many people so they have to cram you in.Written 20 July 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Isola d'Ischia
- These are the best places for groups seeking beaches in Isola d'Ischia:See more beaches for groups in Isola d'Ischia on Tripadvisor