Popular things to do
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Day Cruises
- Archaeology Tours
- Private Day Trips
- Rail Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Bus Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- City Tours
- Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
- Beach & Pool Clubs
- Hop on Hop Off Buses
- Sunset Cruises
- Jet Boat Hire
- Historical Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Art Tours
- Culinary Tour
- Wine Tastings
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Shows, Concerts & Sports
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Special Offers
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in Sorrento
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- An amazing place - a natural lake between the rocks. A roman ruins there were also interesting to see. You need to go early - in the morning as it gets crowded around lunchtime. Nice experience to go off the touristic routes and enjoy the nature’s beautyWritten 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's the center of Sorrento . . . very busy place. Cars driving every which way, people walking somewhere, mostly tourists. If you come to Sorrento, you start your exploration here.Written 21 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I stared out in Rome expecting it to be the best part of my trip. Nope, to my surprise Sorrento was my absolute favorite. It was more of what I expected Italy to be. With all the narrow streets and vendors. The Lemoncello, the lemon cakes. The Sea Wall. Swimming in the Sea.
Just a wonderful experience.Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- .The cloisters of San Francesco can be entered through an opening on the right just before you enter the Villa Comunale gardens. You walk from the hustle and bustle of Sorrento into an oasis of calm and if you are lucky like we were, you will have them to yourselves for a period of time.
Then I also would currently recommend following the signs to the art gallery on the second floor. At the moment there is an exhibition of black and white photography by the Sorrento born Raffaele Celentano which is 5Euros to see and gives a brilliant pictorial display of the street life of ordinary people in Southern Italy. Then beyond the gallery is the viewing platform with its splendid tree and swing and I defy anyone to not try and re-enact Celentano’s iconic photograph of the Nuns playing on the swing.Written 9 June 2022
- Lovely view, nice spot with cafes and easy but steep walk down to the port and beaches, or a lift at a small charge if you prefer.Written 14 August 2022
- Excellent town, plenty to see and do. Staying in Grand Hotel Hermitage which was a 15 minute drive, the hotel had a free shuttle bus. When not on an excursion we were in the town. Favourite bar was the English Inn, the staff were brilliant and the drinks and food were not to costly but were of good quality. Would visit Sorrento again but in a hotel that was in the town.Written 24 September 2022
- Taking a walk along this street will reveal many extra windows of interest and utility, including the site of the post office! Do venture into the various side streets from this main street, as many good restaurants and interesting shops are hidden in them.Written 12 September 2022
- A beautiful church located in the centre of Sorrento. A must see if visiting here, it was a very moving experience for me.Written 4 July 2022
- You have to go here they are all good but this one stands out, watch them make the Limoncello, eat there own ice cream, such friendly people, we couldn't help but drop in each time we walked by.Written 8 September 2022
- Was closed so could only view from the bridge but worth going to as it’s right in the city centre and is quite unique sitting between the cliffs. Viewing at night can give an eerie feel.Written 2 October 2021
- You will find this to be a long steep and challenging gong walk so wear appropriate clothing and bring water. Was it worth it? Probably not.Written 28 August 2020
- Great experience on 31st of August at Leonelli's beach. The staff were friendly and helpful the location was great. The price for 2 beds and a shade on the beach was reasonable. We had visited other bathing platforms during our holiday in Sorrento , such as the terrible , Marmeo beach, but Leonelli's was really good with a special mention for the beach manager who was helpful and nothing was to much trouble for him.
Great day. ThanksWritten 1 September 2022
- This Catholic cathedral is dedicated to St James & St. Philip & is located just off the Corso Italia.
Although it is more of a church than a cathedral, it is nonetheless very beautiful and very spiritual. Rebuilt in the Romanesque style, you can admire the exquisite paintings and architecture in relative peace and quiet. If you like this sort of experience I recommend a visit.Written 13 September 2022
- Just a perfect day with lovely people. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful day in the Sorrento mountains with a absolutely amazing local farmer family, where we learned how it is to be an Italian farmer. Vineyards, animals and almost every fruit/vegetables you could dream of was a part of the trip together with cheese- and pizza making.
A must do trip if you love to learn about cultural differences and for my girlfriend and I who lives a “big city life” normally, we loved this.Written 12 August 2022
- Currently the three tenor tour is based out of here. It is a fantastic show in a marvellous building. We'll worth the ticket priceWritten 30 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Sorrento
- The best day trips from Sorrento according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Capri Blue Grotto Boat Tour From Sorrento
- Capri and Blue Grotto Day Tour from Naples or Sorrento
- Skip The Line Pompeii Guided Tour & Mt. Vesuvius from Sorrento
- Tour to the Amalfi Coast Positano, Amalfi & Ravello from Sorrento
- Capri & Blue Grotto Boat Trip-Prime Experience with max. 8 guests from Sorrento