188 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 188
What travellers are saying
- If you are planning to travel Tropea, it’s woth booking accommodation in the historical city center.We found very good restaurants here, and the sea is enchantngly clear.
Ig you’re vacationing in Tropea, you can enjoy excellent pizza, and don’t miss the opportunity for breakfast at one of the small cafès (try a small near Pizzerai antique - where is the best pizza in Tropea).Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited the promontory by car. The Navy occupies the nose, understandably so. There is a patway ans an esplanade allowing for belvedere vistas. The rock outcrops set a context that renders the 12 Apostles in Victoria, Australia in puerile competition. An interesting picture of the overworked utilised commercially vicinity and the "wilderness|" of the rocks and the ubiquitous figues de barbarie (prickly pears) which characterise Sicily and you do not get as mant anywhere in the Mediterranean.Written 15 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The water is super clear with a blue green colour and definitely worth a full day. Access to the beach however is very difficult. First there are no spots to park the car and literally you have to leave it on the street side and hope not to get a fine. If you are lucky enough to park close to the main access to the beach, then you have a 15 minute walk into a narrow and steep path super crowded during peak season. There are no facilities at the beach hence I suggest to bring over food and water.Written 24 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great free beach via steep steps only a few minutes walk from Parghelia and a short drive from Tropea. Lovely clear water.Written 13 July 2023
- This most beautiful beach is what you would expect to find in the Caribbean with its soft lush white sand and aqua marine sea.
A haven for Sun-bathers ans swimmers alike.
A great safe place for kids where parents can be at ease, simply overseeing them without the added stress.
An exceptional peaceful and tranquil atmosphere.
A true hidden gem!
Highly recommendedWritten 5 June 2023
- Grotticelle beach combines three beaches. All very nice with umbrellas and sunbeds to rent (1 umbrella, 2 beds, 15 € per day). Lifeguards are very friendly and helpful. A couple of restaurants on the beach with decent food. Toilets are a bit poor and you have to pay for toilet paper.
Capo Vaticano is quite high so it can be a long walk to the beach depending on where you stay. We drove to the beach and parked at the free parking (marked white) 50 - 100 m above it. If these are full you can still avoid expensive parking (2€ per hour) by using one of the private parking areas (5€ per day).Written 14 July 2019
- U can arrive there by boat or kayak. There are 3 small beaches very relaxing and w clear water. I reccomend to spend there some hours, there are a lot of fishesWritten 21 June 2021
- We spent almost two days on this wonderful beach and we enjoyed it very much. It is perfect for adults and family with kids- small and not so small. There is a parking directly behind the beach- costs some 8€ day for non residents, but is worthy and we would love to come again. There are some cafes directly on the beach where you can get some snacks during the day, but for dinner there is only one restaurant some 10min walk at the very beginning of it.Written 3 September 2019
- fantastic and lovely sight from the top.
downstairs there is a little paradise corner which makes you to fall in love with the costa viola. clean waters, non sand (just rock) good sight and you.Written 25 August 2016
- Came here for dinner every night last summer when we stayed in town for five nights. It's located at the southern end of town on the beach.
There are indoor seats as well as a good number of tables out on the roofed terrace. This section of the beach also belongs to the restaurant, in case you want to rent out some chairs and umbrellas in the daytime.
Staff and owner were very friendly, really lovely people. Made us feel very welcome (as well as our Bulldog).
Had a lot of different food here. Here's some examples:
- Mixed Seafood Platter
- Antipasti Platter
- Grilled Fish/Seafood Platter
- Pasta w/ Shrimp
- Mixed Fried Seafood
- Seafood Spaghetti
- Shrimp Ravioli
- Mixed/Fried Antipasti
- Steamed Mussels
All dishes were really tasty. Good, honest down-to-earth home cooking. Nothing fancy, but good, fresh and prepared by order. Really liked all of it. Especially the platters were a great choice, with some nice baked and fried items. Salami and ham of good quality. Seafood and fish fresh. Pasta cooked al dente.
Always had some house wine with. White, sparkly or Rosé. Just for a fiver (1/2 liter).
Really loved our dinners here. Great food, nice location, wonderful owners.Written 13 December 2020
- The staff was very unfriendly and mostly ignored us. It took a really long time before someone came to take our order because they were sitting at another table checking their cell phone.Written 3 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Calabria