- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
177 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 177
What travellers are saying
- It was one of the most beautiful beaches i have visited in my life. Very clear and beautiful beach with a wonderful view. Loved this placeWritten 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove to the viewing point above the resort of Capo Vaticano, called Belvedere di Capo Vaticano. The road was a bit narrow, but we managed to get there by bus. The views of the beaches and clear water below are simply spectacular. Unfortunately, the visibility was not the best, so we could not see further than Stromboli. When the air is clear, many more islands are visible.Written 1 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We absolutely loved this beach, in fact, we loved the entirety of Calabria. This beach is huge, the water is amazing, there is good restaurant on the beach. It is absolutely worth it if just for those amazing shades of blueWritten 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- U can arrive there by boat or kayak. There are 3 small beaches very relaxing and w clear water. I reccomend to spend there some hours, there are a lot of fishesWritten 21 June 2021
- Grotticelle beach combines three beaches. All very nice with umbrellas and sunbeds to rent (1 umbrella, 2 beds, 15 € per day). Lifeguards are very friendly and helpful. A couple of restaurants on the beach with decent food. Toilets are a bit poor and you have to pay for toilet paper.
Capo Vaticano is quite high so it can be a long walk to the beach depending on where you stay. We drove to the beach and parked at the free parking (marked white) 50 - 100 m above it. If these are full you can still avoid expensive parking (2€ per hour) by using one of the private parking areas (5€ per day).Written 14 July 2019
- We visited this beach on the recommendation of our accommodation host.
So well worth the walk down the stairs! Tucked away and not overly crowded. It was perfect. Water was warm and calm.
Diving off the rocks was so much fun.
Be prepared to walk down a long set of stairs so grab your food and drink to take with you.Written 30 December 2019
- A beach that is visible from the upper part of the town and Murat castle. Not astonishing in any way - just a city beach with nice view.Written 18 February 2020
- fantastic and lovely sight from the top.
downstairs there is a little paradise corner which makes you to fall in love with the costa viola. clean waters, non sand (just rock) good sight and you.Written 25 August 2016
- It is a very nice beach, if you are looking for a location to be far away from the crowded places.
The sea is crystal clear, perfect for swiming.Written 11 September 2017
- Ideal place for those seeking relaxation and tranquility by the sea. Great reception and management of the beach. Maximum care and attention to the customer and excellent bar and restaurant serviceWritten 6 May 2021
- Easy to walk to from almost anywhere in town. Seems everyone is walking while eating gelato. Spectacular sunsets and benches to sit and watch. We like watching the fishing boats come in and children enjoying the beach.Written 11 June 2015
- This stunning cove is well worth the trek.
The walk down to the first part is fairly simple, a dirt path and then some stairs. However, to get to the larger beach part you need to either swim round or climb over some large rocks but trust me, it is worth it.
Stunning views, crystal clear water.Written 14 October 2020
- We spent almost two days on this wonderful beach and we enjoyed it very much. It is perfect for adults and family with kids- small and not so small. There is a parking directly behind the beach- costs some 8€ day for non residents, but is worthy and we would love to come again. There are some cafes directly on the beach where you can get some snacks during the day, but for dinner there is only one restaurant some 10min walk at the very beginning of it.Written 3 September 2019
- Arriving in Palmi there's the usual feel of a small Italian village (pop approx 20,000).
The road in shows the bulk of the town are surrounded by olive trees. Anywhere they can put them & successfully harvest. And overlooked by a beautiful mountain, that just adds to the tranquility.
The centre of Palmi is a crazy road network of small older cars, & scooters. Parking wherever you feel like it (corners are especially popular).
Palmi has a range of all types of shops, some lovely piazza's, but strangely it overlooks the ocean...but it takes a windy road (of approx 8km) to actually get to the beach, & into the water. But it's worth the effort to drive down to Lido di Palmi the water is sparkling clear, the views magnificent, and a local rock formation is worth the trip to photo.
But one thing that stands out at the beach resort is a sense of under investment, & a lack of recent development. A lot of older buildings (with potentially great views over the beach), vacant blocks or old restaurants in prime positions.
In some ways Palmi itself is not dis-similar, it could do with a significant investment to bring it up to other coastal towns.Written 12 November 2015
- Wonderful beach. Clear water. Amazing swim, snorkeling and incredible view on unbelievable sundowners and StromboliWritten 4 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Calabria