Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- If you are planning to travel Tropea, it’s woth booking accommodation in the historical city center.We found very good restaurants here, and the sea is enchantngly clear.
Ig you’re vacationing in Tropea, you can enjoy excellent pizza, and don’t miss the opportunity for breakfast at one of the small cafès (try a small near Pizzerai antique - where is the best pizza in Tropea).Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a gem of a place. We stayed in a beautiful bnb right on the water with the most incredible view. U Catuio, just amazing. Incredible maze of streets, great little restaurants, beach beautiful but you need reef shoes!! Plenty of rocks, but the clear turquoise water is worth it. A great place to chill and just take in the views. Don't forget to visit the local fashion designer on the main strip for a unique piece of handmade clothing to take home. Highly recommended. We stayed 3 nights at the end of a 2 week stint in Sicily. Loved it.Written 16 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous museum covering the history of the area going back to 6,000 BC! We went to see the Riace Bronze sculptures but found so much more. The exhibits are presented well and everything has Italian & English descriptions. It's worth the trip!Written 11 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- All of the historical sites were wonderful. Lungomare was where I walked every night. Lovely . Very serious looking people and I may have romanticized Italy and it's people but I didn't feel openness and a welcoming attitude I did everything I wanted to do . A month may have been to long to stay. I had a beautiful apartment but 4 flights up and some days difficult to climb. Went to fruit and vegetable market and ate more pastry than I have in 5 years. Great location of apartment .Written 2 November 2023
- Incredible place. A mesmerising experience immersed in the history of a multi-century wood. Guided tour highly recommendedWritten 8 August 2023
- Visited the promontory by car. The Navy occupies the nose, understandably so. There is a patway ans an esplanade allowing for belvedere vistas. The rock outcrops set a context that renders the 12 Apostles in Victoria, Australia in puerile competition. An interesting picture of the overworked utilised commercially vicinity and the "wilderness|" of the rocks and the ubiquitous figues de barbarie (prickly pears) which characterise Sicily and you do not get as mant anywhere in the Mediterranean.Written 15 April 2023
- We got a train here from Pizzo €3 each and it’s just a stunning place with stunning views. Smaller inside than expected but well worth the walk up to see it. Stunning.Written 10 September 2023
- Very beautiful island.
Crystal clea water.
Rent a canoa or pedalo to see the caves is a must.
Swin in blu grotta cave is a must.
Bring beach shoes. Is rocky beach.
Visits arco magno as well is spectacular.
The place is amazing. Will come any summerWritten 8 September 2023
- The water is super clear with a blue green colour and definitely worth a full day. Access to the beach however is very difficult. First there are no spots to park the car and literally you have to leave it on the street side and hope not to get a fine. If you are lucky enough to park close to the main access to the beach, then you have a 15 minute walk into a narrow and steep path super crowded during peak season. There are no facilities at the beach hence I suggest to bring over food and water.Written 24 August 2021
- Great free beach via steep steps only a few minutes walk from Parghelia and a short drive from Tropea. Lovely clear water.Written 13 July 2023
- We met in Roberto a man of great passion for his birds of prey.
We are familiar with many bird shows around the world but here we met a man and his family committed to fundamental principles of sustainable ecotourism and management of raptors.
His knowledge and love is apparent and deep.
It’s not actually a show more a learning experience including interaction with wild creatures and appreciation of people who commit to looking after threatened species.
The setting in Pollino next to Civita ( Eagles Nest ) is amazing.Written 25 August 2019
- Things I liked about Castello Aragonese di Le Castella:
Small crowd - almost had the place to ourselves
Things I didn't like:
Most of it was closed
No signs or tours telling us what we're looking at.
That pretty much sums it up. We left Castello Aragonese di Le Castella impressed with what we saw (it really is beautiful), but with no real understanding of what it was. We looked its history up online, which helped. Most of it being closed really diminished the experience too. And I don't mean "I wanted to go out of the tourist area;" I mean most of the tourist areas were closed. Oh well.Written 24 October 2023
- This most beautiful beach is what you would expect to find in the Caribbean with its soft lush white sand and aqua marine sea.
A haven for Sun-bathers ans swimmers alike.
A great safe place for kids where parents can be at ease, simply overseeing them without the added stress.
An exceptional peaceful and tranquil atmosphere.
A true hidden gem!
Highly recommendedWritten 5 June 2023
- Very nice! Something for everyone!!! All ages! Lot of fun. Food also ok! Not expensive. Less than 30 for 1 adult + 1 child. Best to be 130 cm high or moreWritten 23 July 2021
- Difficult to write a review for a place that was in the beginning inspirational and left me feeling repulsed at the end. Outstanding preservation of a holy site and a dedication to a man who did without, served the poor and encouraged a minimalist lifestyle. The grounds were lovely on this sunny February day and not a site to miss in Paola, even as a non catholic I found it an inspiration. That was until we reached the grotesque, modern part of the grounds. I couldn’t help thinking how distressed San Francesco of Paola might be to see something so ostentatious and expensive built in his name when that money could have been better spent serving the poor. Weren’t 18 churches in Paola enough?? Skip The New BuildingWritten 11 February 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Calabria
- The best day trips from Calabria according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Excursion to Stromboli-Lipari-Vulcano from Tropea
- Private Etna tour with lunch in traditional "Trattoria" with organic food
- Discover your origins!
- Full Day Secrets of Calabria Guided Excursion from Napoli
- Castanea, Gesso Sicily & Messina - Private tour
Calabria Attractions Information