Top Attractions in Calabria
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- It was one of the most beautiful beaches i have visited in my life. Very clear and beautiful beach with a wonderful view. Loved this placeWritten 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As one who has seen many mountains and other beautiful places like the Grand Canyon or the Grand canyon du Verdon, the Rocky Mountains and others, I must admit, that the Sila mountains did surprise me.
The Mountains catch the rain-clouds in winter and store the water as snow. The rain and the melted snow are stored in lakes witch were build mostly in the early 19 century.
These artificial lakes are not only a blessing for the farmland, close to the ionian coast and the cities, there are also jewels to the pine forests and may mountain pastures.
I did visit the Sila some times and will do so more often.
www.axel-mende.deWritten 8 October 2010This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely take the time to climb the steps.The setting is incredible, high on a
hill with beaches and turquoise waters on either side. The temple itself is beautiful as well as the grounds and views. Must see!Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove to the viewing point above the resort of Capo Vaticano, called Belvedere di Capo Vaticano. The road was a bit narrow, but we managed to get there by bus. The views of the beaches and clear water below are simply spectacular. Unfortunately, the visibility was not the best, so we could not see further than Stromboli. When the air is clear, many more islands are visible.Written 1 November 2021
- Top, amazing experience. One of the most beautiful museums ever! A must for who loves the prehistorical and grecanical cultureWritten 10 August 2022
- Stayed at a friend's villa at The Bridge near San Nicola Arcella. Went 4/3/20 due to return to the UK 11/3/20.....so long story shortened.....flights stopped 10/3/20!!!
So my friend and I had a direct view of Dino Island daytime, dusk and dawn: sun and rain et al! The sea surrounding the island is ever changing, rarely the same. The sea and horizon sometimes defined and other times, ran together. Dino looked so interesting we googled for it's history, fascinating it was. Look for yourselves please. Anyway with flights stopping, airports closing but few Covid 19 cases in the South of Italy, we could only look at Praia and Dino from the heights of The Bridge. We were in this 'Golden Cage' for 56 days, allowed by the Police to shop, with masks and gloves in nearby San Nicola Arcella, a beautiful village with all needs catered. We were lucky and happy. Shall want to revisit this stunning part of Italy. Poorer financially but rich in it's lovely people, food and scenery. Roll on that day!Written 17 May 2020
- The small church of Piedigrotta is one of the most beautiful places that can be visited, to say the least fascinating impossible not to go there if you are visiting PizzoWritten 6 August 2022
- This little village the tip of the Straits of Messina is a wonderful place to stay to feel the history of the area as well as the Greek Myth of Odysseus where Sirena (Scylla) wreaked havoc along with Charybdis on the Straits of Messina. Scilla with a long history, and the traditional hunting of swordfish. Unique swordfish boats ply the bay. In the evening you can watch them dock and admire their haul after their long day out. You should swim at the beach in the crisp cool water. Delightful place.Written 26 July 2022
- One of the most interesting company museums in the country. Beautifully conceived and perfectly crafted, it tells the fascinating story of the Amarelli family business. Their centuries old love for liquirizie spanned from Calabria to 22 countries, developing through ups and does throughout 300 years!Written 7 August 2020
- visited Tropea for 2 days and happened yo see this very unique shop. owners were super friendly and invited us in to view their amazing display of animated figures that portray life ad it used to be in Tropea. Shop has tons of interesting souveniers. Definitely a must see when in the area.Written 3 October 2018
- Very nice! Something for everyone!!! All ages! Lot of fun. Food also ok! Not expensive. Less than 30 for 1 adult + 1 child. Best to be 130 cm high or moreWritten 23 July 2021
- A lot of,cafe,pubs,restaurants and shops.You should come for a walk at this area,also street is closed for vehicles!Written 15 January 2022
- Famous all over the world, this small beach is truly a pearl. Crystal clear water and a sunset where the sun's rays enter the door. The initial journey (about 15 min) does not weigh on you when you find this show in front of you.Written 12 December 2020
- I’ve been here before, the marking point on shows the picture of the castle 5 miles or so south at Capo Rizzuto.
On google earth there is no castle there. There is an archeological Park. With an ancient column, hence the name Colonna.
But the castle is in Capo Rizzuto a suburb of Crotone.
The castle is a great place to visit.Written 10 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Calabria
- The best outdoor activities in Calabria according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Lido Club La Lampara
- Setteventi del Pollino
- I Giganti Della Sila
- Michelino Beach
- Parco Nazionale della Sila Centro Visitatori di Monaco A. Garcea
- The best day trips from Calabria according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Excursion to Stromboli-Lipari-Vulcano from Tropea
- LIPARI PANAREA AND STROMBOLI BY NIGHT excursion
- Private Siracusa & Noto Tour & Modica Chocolate tasting
- Tour Mount Etna
- Private Boat Tour to Discover the Coste degli Dei