Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful place. Amazing view.
Location is great, castle at around 1540m above sea level but with great access by car. Parking is available but can be not enough in high season. In September, there was enough space there.Written 30 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very beutifull cave, you can go inside with a guided tour, and admire the cristal formation. Walking on the side of a sutterain river. An awsome experience in Abruzzo.Written 14 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful lake where to spend an entire day relaxing and swimming. There are several points along the lake where to stop on little beaches or to rent pedal boats, with many restaurants too.Written 24 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The bridge is absolutely spectacular. A great opportunity to take photos of the Pescara coastline. Well worth either a walk or bike ride over.Written 13 August 2023
- This place is for me the nicest in Abruzzo. Considered on the list of the Borghi Più beli d’Italia.
You will find that they are still fixing some buildings after the earthquake of 2009 and all the area aswell.
But after the years has the same personality I felt thirty years ago when I went there for the first time.
Nowadays with a lot of good options for dinner a couple of bars.
Located up in the mountains with and fantastic tower that you can visit inside.
Silent, profound, embrassing, leaving you the sensation the the time doesn’t pass, that everything stays stand still…
A sensation that is not easy to feel when you travel.
This medioevo places around Abruzzo-Aquila area are incredible! Unforgettable.Written 22 July 2023
- This is just a stunning area. The water is clear and the beach is lovely. The colors of the water are mesmerizing.Written 12 June 2023
- The highlight of one week in Abruzzo. Traveling by car you enjoy a variety of vistas including rocky valleys, jagged mountains, rolling plains, free ranging horses, sheep and cattle. Each turn in the road offers a different view and type of landscape. Clouds billow above and below, trees grow in densely wooded forests on one side of the mountain, and sharp rocky crags make up the back side, open hills and boulders dot the landscape. The end destination of the trip is an observatory and a hotel from World War II era. The trip is a beautiful rest from the busy cities and offers many opportunities for photos and just enjoying nature. Strongly recommend.Written 20 October 2019
- A major and very beautiful restoration in progress here following the 2009 earthquake. A once magnificent place it seems to be well on its away to returning to its former eleganceWritten 7 October 2019