- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
179 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 179
What travellers are saying
- It´s easy to get there and find a carpark place. The beach is beautiful and clean. Perfect for families but quite busy on Saturday and Sunday specially the first two weeks of August. You also can find "chiringuitos" in the very sea shore to have a refreshment.Written 23 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place to see, hear, feel, and smell the sea. Lots of guys surfing, and a few people on the beach in Late September. Great place to visit. Nice long walk if you choose.Written 1 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove here from Ferrol, about 20 minutes drive, free and plentiful parking, and lots and lots of space. It's a large crescent shaped beach and we settled at the left hand side below the bar. This was a good spot for our two year old as the waves were much more gentle and as the tide went out lagoons/pools were left that made swimming safe. It really was fantastic and we had a great day.Written 5 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Some recommendations how to make your visit to this beach easier:
first of all, decide how you are going to arrive there. If you are going by car, you must reserve in advance at the website of Xunta de Galicia to have a permission to enter the beach. It is free but you must do it because they restrict the number of people who enter it per day, to protect the environment. So I suppose you must reserve weeks in advance.
If you want to be more flexible, you can go by bus. For this, no reservation is necessary. There is a bus leaving from Ribadeo tourist office, costs 1.5 Euro per person (keep your bus ticket because it will be your permission, they check it at the entrance). Very practical. There is timetable online. It is not very often but it does its job. If you want to come back by taxi, it costs 16 euro.
Secondly, you must check the tides timetable. It was adviced to me that the best time is 30 minutes before the official low tide, so you can check the beach. If you come a lot before or a lot of time after the low tide time, the beach will be very short, you will have to "swim" to the famous rock formations instead of walking through them.
The beach is really nice and even though it was full, there was space for everyone. I enjoyed it and the water is not so cold as in A Coruna or Islas Cies. Very enjoyable! I recommend.Written 6 August 2022
- Visited this cute little beach town recently. It’s very picturesque with the golden sand beach. To stroll the malecon is very relaxing and allows for nice photos. There are many shops, restaurants and hotels along the strip. I was there in early October and lucked out with the weather. Brilliant blue sky and 25*celsius. Enjoyed lunch and a delicious coffee here as well.Written 14 October 2019
- I think this is the best beach around Portonovo, we did not use it much as we came by plane and did not have all the beach equipment and you do need shade on this beach.Written 13 July 2016
- This beach is like a hidden paradise.
Clean water and white sand.
This is my favourite place in Galicia.Written 22 August 2018
- This beach has such a beautiful view. Great boardwalk with roller skating park, 2 pools, and plenty of sitting areas. A couple of great restaurants right on the beach o grab a drink with a view.Written 9 April 2022
- Lagosteira beach on the way to Cabo Fisterra remains a very beautiful and long sand beach. Marvelous moment and lovely place to visit for relaxing and Sunbathing. Delighted wtih my stay over there and recommend it to every one on the Camino Santiago heading towards Milestone 0. Happy Sharing Happy OutsideWritten 27 August 2020
- The island itself has beautiful walks and you can camp there is you wish. We visited twice to complete the walks as too much for one day. Each time we ate wonderful sea food at the restaurant as you arrive on the ferry.
One downside - toilets were very dirty and I suggest you take toilet roll with you as its runs out quickly. However, we new what to expect the second time and went prepared, great simple food and stunning views.Written 7 September 2019
- We were amazed and suprised when we found this small beach. It is so beautiful and calm that it feels that you are in a paradise.Written 3 September 2019
- Really small but very cute. The sand is very white, the water is not that cold and no waves. Very clean, with showers and even in July not that much people were here. Virtually we had the beach to ourselves!!Written 22 July 2018
- We like Angelito, located at the end of Playa America. Nigran. It has a very nice interior open door terrace, two indoor sitting areas, and friendly service.
It seems that every season they have the challenge to find the right Chef to offer updated and tasty cooking.
We only had appetizers, Fried Xouvas which were good but lacking a pinch of salt, Pulpo a Feira, half of the plate very good and the other half hard, Pimientos de Padrón which were very good, Excellent Canitas and seasonal cherries.
Jose Campo, CHAWritten 24 June 2019
- Good sand, good views, good equipations.
It haves a full recovered dune system
Best urban beach in galiciaWritten 9 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Galicia