- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
54 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 54
What travellers are saying
- This is an incredible, long beach and promenade used by locals and tourists. With an array of restaurants and bars, golden sand and sensational surf as well as facilities for beach sports and sunbathing it has something for everyone.
During our short stay we walked miles along the promenade, trying different bakeries and restaurants for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. We watched volleyball matches, surfing lessons and experts, sand artists, walkers, joggers and families out for a stroll. Interestingly, no cyclists! We walked on the beach too, and in the sea. This beach is brilliant .Written 14 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just beautiful. Large sandy beach and amazing sand dunes , great views.
Surf school on the beach.
Some nice little bars on beach promenade.Written 24 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach has super soft fine sand, only a very few stones.
It's kept pretty clean but unfortunately there a quite a few cigarette butts left by the monsters who couldn't be bothered to take them away.
We hired two sunbeds (hamacas) and umbrellas for the day for €10.50 (the signs say they are €4 each, but they were €3.50). It's card payment only and there are people who will come to your bed to take payment.
The bay is roped off but you can still swim out a fair way. The water was really clear and calm. There are lifeguards.
Toilets are free but grim. Take your own paper, you might need it. Go with a companion to stand guard because not all the locks on the doors work.Written 13 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic resort, felt safe to go out of the hotel alone (as a female) and with our children at night. The old own (Little Venice) was an absolute hidden gem - great marina, waterside restaurants, bridges and flowers - lovely buildings and setting for an afternoon stroll or relaxed coffee / cocktail. The beach is clean, clear water and although busy, always room to throw down your towel. Great selection of shops, restaurants and bars. The bus station is conveniently located and the Friday market is great for browsing.Written 31 August 2022
- This was the highlight of our trip to Gran Canaria! The hike was of moderate difficulty, but the great views make up for the painful legs and sweat, as well as the beautiful beach. We were hesitant about visiting the beach after we read the bad reviews, but we don’t regret it at all! If you are fit and are looking for an active adventure don’t miss out on this gem.Written 3 May 2022
- Nice beach, clean and not so busy on weekdays. Black sand, very hot, You really need flip flops to walk to the water. Enaough sun beds and umbrellas, in June 9 euro for 2 beds and umbrellaWritten 20 June 2022
- Small but nice and fresh beach in the middle of Puerto Rico.
On busy days it can be difficult to get sunbeds if that’s what you’re after.
Nice restaurants along the beach where you can have a drink or lunch. You have to pay to use the toilet but I guess that’s necessary if you want to keep them clean.
Its a non smoking beach but unfortunately people smoke anyway without anyone telling them not to so the signs are useless.Written 15 November 2022
- Just about a perfect beach in October! Rather quiet, enough space (especially at low tide), clean water and clean sand.Written 16 October 2022
- Is a nice quiet resort for people looking for a relaxing holiday….if you like to visit a bar every night this place is not for you… We went because we need relax and just spend a quiet time in a All Inclusive hotel . Of course you can move very easy by bus anywhere in the island,Written 30 June 2022
- a small but really nice resort. beach is nice, plenty of shops for holiday gifts, a mini golf course and botanic garden for a nice walk. good bus service to other parts of the island which run pretty regular. Not to forget the waterpark which is salt water and a bit cold in the morning, best wait until the afternoon for it to warm up.Written 9 April 2022
- i ended up spending a lot of time in Agaete. Firstly its a place that you seem to always end up at when travelling through the interior of the island but mostly the feeling of the place once there. the coastline is just so dramatic and being in the pool whilst enjoying it is just amazing. there is a little bar right on the pool for good snacks and drinks too.Written 15 February 2022
- Melanara beach is excellent – spacious, the dark sand warms up nicely and the sea floor is soft sand. There are nice seafood restaurants around and showers.Written 6 November 2019
- Small but very clean beach. Good amenities close by along with a few restaurants and shops. Quiet comfortable area to spend the dayWritten 23 September 2022
- Anything compared to Anfi sul mar, anyway Patalavaca is a nice beach. The building around the beach are not pretty, without balcony and too big so it seems not very exclusive place.Written 15 January 2022
- After a nice trip trought the marvelous mountain region between Mogan and Aldea de San Nicholas the Oliva Restaurant is the best and unique place to come down, enjoy the pittoresque beach and the great Tapas and wine. Not so many tourists late afternoon. Take a short walking after dinnner, it`s so nice, quiet and you more or less allone with the sea.Written 24 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Gran Canaria