- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
86 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
This is an urban beach with nice, pebbly sand. It has lots to offer: water sports, sun bed rentals, many restaurants and cafes, views of the rocks at each end, and of the mountains behind the town.Written 21 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
This is a long and wide beach with golden sand.
The promenade that fronts it is dotted with sand sculptures with intricate details, and it is lined with shops, restaurants and cafes.
There are many beach clubs with chair and umbrella rentals, and some are beautifully landscaped.Written 30 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great massive beach. Super easy access from the historic Malaga. Plus, it's empty in the morning so there is plenty of space and calm for early birds. The water was clean and people were nice everywhere. Barely no child in sight as well.Written 14 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place to people watch and enjoy fantastic restaurants on the beach. It gets very busy but quietens on a night time when the place lights up and turns into something special. The only downside is the busy road above which you need to go on to get there.Written 17 September 2023
This is another long, wide beach with fine golden sand.
This beach is not as crowed as Playa La Carihuela, especially the further east you go from Punta Gatuna. There are beach clubs, but they are more spread out.
Not as much Sand Sculpture as Playa La Carihuela, and not as nicely landscaped.Written 30 August 2023
- Lovely beach which - for August and height of summer - was not too busy. White Sandy beach, blue sea and seaside town vibes with beautiful quaint houses, lovely restaurants and bars. We spent a wonderful day here and was one of the highlights of our holiday. Recommend.Written 1 September 2023
- As my twin brother Stephen and I are currently staying in the Torreblanca area of Fuengirola this beach is only a very short and pleasant walk along the magnificent Paseo Maritimo Rey De Espana .
It's a nice ,well kept beach ,not as busy as some of the more touristic beaches further along the coast upto Fuengirola ,nice beach amenities and some great chiringuito's along the beachfront,love nothing better than going in for a swim here and then enjoying a beer or a plate of grilled sardines in a chiringuito ,all in all a great beach to checkout if you're near Carvajal.Written 26 May 2023
- Lovely beach, surf was quite big, so swimming was tricky for the kids, but there was a sheltered area at one end where they could swim. Not too busy, mainly Spanish families. Really nice little restaurant at the back of the beach, recommend the sardines.
Only tricky bit was on one day when there was only one bus running, so had to wait in the heat in a large queue to get back up the mountain. Normally there are three busses running. Was around 2 euros per person for the round trip.
We went back to it 2 or 3 times, I don’t like the packed beaches of the popular resorts, so if you like a beach a bit wilder and beautiful, I recommend this one.Written 17 August 2023
- A nice place to have a walk on the wooden path along the long beach. In January you could not swim. A couple of beach restaurants were open, many of them were closed.Written 9 February 2022
- Nice beach, lifeguarded. Kids found it a bit difficult as sea has a definite ‘drop off’, it’s not sandy but more shale-like and the waves are really quite powerful - however once they found the game of jumping them were much more entertained. Decent t toilets and places to eat nearby and by bus stopWritten 14 August 2022
- One of the many joys of visiting Fuengirola are the amazing beaches ,many of them blue flag ,one to check out is Playa De Fuengirola .
This beach is superb ,well kept ,clean sands that bring you down to clear waters ,nice beach amenities and in high summer popular as are all the beaches ,all in all a great beach to check out if you're planning a holiday to this sun drenched resort.Written 15 July 2023
- We very nearly did not visit due to previous reviews especially as we were a 20 euro taxi drive away but we are glad we took a chance!
The sand is grey which can take some getting use to especially as it means the water close to the shore is not clear but go out 2-3metres and you will see how clear the water is, the sand is pure sand no stones and very little debris, there is a lot of seaweed but it is the sea!
Excellent for children to play in as it’s very shallow, go out 10 metres or so and it gets deeper.
Pedals, kayaks & paddle boards available to hire at a reasonable cost.
There are 2 restaurants both serving excellent food and both offer cabanas 50 euros per day and sun beds 10 euros per day, however, you do not need to hire them there is ample space for you to set up your own stuff for a day at the beach, the locals use this beach they tend to come in the morning, leave around lunch time and return late afternoon, it does get busy but the beach is big enough to accommodate everyone and the atmosphere is friendly and family orientated!
We found the beach very clean!Written 29 August 2022
- Is this nice quiet beach open in winter. from mid Fuebuary to mid April. And if so what is the schedule..Been there many time with my wife and enjoyed it very much
DenisWritten 8 December 2019
- Work to replace the boardwalks and toilets etc is still on going. Hopefully they will complete it over the winter but seems slow and a number of boardwalks are not safe.
Otherwise a nice clean beach and safe for swimming.Written 20 December 2019
The white sand beach is to the east off Balcon de Europe. It is the prettiest unban beach we saw during our trip. Getting down to it from the town takes some exercise.Written 21 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Costa del Sol