Wineries & Vineyards • Wine Tours & Tastings
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We visited Remy Martin lately and it was a great experience. To me there was a personal reason for the visit as my father was the agent of Remy Martin for decades. To him it was a name above all names!
The visit was great as the receptionist who was also our guide was friendly, welcoming and already gave us hints as we waited for others to come.
We were impressed by the volume of cognac created and were grateful for the safety measures taken.
It was impressive going down the ‘caves’ to see nature taking its course in the making of cognac.
I was happy to buy the Remy Martin cognac glasses we always had in my parents’ home (tradition never fails to please!) and the centaur insigna for printing on ice.
I can’t wait to get home and make a Remy Martin party, with the ‘ideal way of scenting and drinking it’ that we learned during the visit.
Definitely worth the visit! Don’t miss it!Written 19 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved this tour it was excellent from start to finish and our guide Angeline was charming and so informative. She spoke excellent English and answered all our questions. The history of the Chateau is fascinating and how Cognac is made - especially enjoyed the details of the angel's share and the drunken spiders! I am not surprised that Jaycee is very taken with this charming place and producing his own brand.
The tasting was a revelation, even my husband got some of the flavours.He was more interested in the history and the place just resonates with it. Enjoy.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We made our reservations online for the Meukow Cognac Tour and Lunch. We were served an absolutely beautiful meal by a wonderful chef. This day we were the only people on the reservation list and had the chef serving each course. The tour was fantastic. Highly recommend this tour on our visit to Cognac. BTW: You pronounce Meukow (Moo Kof). I also bought a bottle of their Cognac XO for our travels.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went in August, I booked by email only a day in advance, and we ended up being only the both of us with the tour guide! We went in a camper van, and we succeeded in parking in their car park! The tour was great; the tour guide was French with a perfect English accent and enthusiastic. We really enjoyed the tour with at the end the degustation of Cognac and a cocktail at the ... rooftop! Worth doing it if you are in Cognac :)Written 3 September 2022
- A lovely little museum and superb value for money. Items well displayed and clearly labeled in both french and English. Pleasant staff.Written 8 October 2021
- Pop in if you are passing. Worth a quick look around. Nice stained glass at alter end. Very tranquil.Written 31 July 2019
- If you are in Cognac and want to see something apart from the big ones. This is the place. A de Fussigny is a small cognac house definitely worth a visit.
Thomas gives you a very personal visit and great tasting in a rustic environment.
He also paints another picture of cognac than the big
ones (Hennessy, Martell etc) do, which we enjoyed a lot.
Highest recommendations from meWritten 29 May 2019
- Two of us went here and were welcomed by a young lady who spoke great English ( thankfully) and took a lot of time explaining the history of the region and the town.
There are two very good models to illustrate the history which is like using GGI only........much , much better.
I liked this place and it's location right beside the Charente is lovely. It's basically on the quayside of the old port.
A good place to get your bearings and start looking around.Written 8 September 2018
- This market is great! I often buy English cakes from the Sugar and Spice tall.Strawberries are good as well.Cheese stall sells great cheddar.The bread stall (who also has a shop outside)sells amazing bread.Recommend.Written 6 September 2017
- Small musee in Cognac , You can learn a liitle bit more about history of Cognac and look at few beautiful pictures.Written 21 November 2019
- We were able to attend, blend, and take home our very own Camus Cognac during their "Master Blender" experience. It was WONDERFUL and we are so happy to have our very own cognac. Every time we have a taste from our bottle it transports us right back to the beautiful day we spent at their facility.Written 29 June 2022
- Visited Hennessy in April with friends. The tour was phenomenal. The audio-visual presentation; along with the displays and art were all fascinating. Our tour guide was very professional and clear.
When I went to buy an item in the gift shop a very attractive long brown hair woman was at the cash register assisting another shopper. I waited patiently for some time. My friends had brought me there and I wanted to order a very nice bottle to thank my friends. When it was my turn, an older woman speaking French approached behind me (I am almost 70 myself) to ask the cashier a question. Perhaps I looked put out because I had waited so long, in pain from a slipped disc (they couldn't have known that, of course); but the cashier went to great lengths to help the older lady who butted in speaking French, carrying on right over my shoulder. Even the woman who interrupted said to me, "pardon madame." But, the cashier continued to speak to her. I felt insulted, dismissed, and felt she was prejudiced toward Americans/English Speakers. The management might remind the staff to respect all nationalities; and, know that some customers seem (to them) impatient because they're in pain or have other pressing concerns. I would have, normally, said something to the management right then, but my pain was too great at the end of the tour and my friends were waiting patiently for me to check out. Mauvaises manières et discrimination. This saddens me.Written 16 August 2022
- My wife and I rented a car from Bordeaux and drove the beautiful 1 hour drive to Cognac FR. Remy Martin is surrounded by nice restaurants and cafes. We dined first and then walked over for our tour.
Once we entered Remy Martin for our tour, you could feel and smell the magic and exquisiteness of the worlds finest cognac.
Margot led our tour, which gave us insight of the the rich history of the Remy Martin brand. Towards the end, we could feel the anticipation building. We were led to a “special room” where my wife and I tasted Louis XIII.
Well worth the price tag. The experience, the gift at the end and the unmatched customer experience made it a highlight during our two week tour of France.Written 10 August 2019
- Excellent choice of cognacs, specilizing in lesser known brands. The barman Thibault is highly qualified and gives excellent advice. Servings by centilitres. There is a lot to discover here. Highly recommended.Written 28 July 2021