- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This market is great! I often buy English cakes from the Sugar and Spice tall.Strawberries are good as well.Cheese stall sells great cheddar.The bread stall (who also has a shop outside)sells amazing bread.Recommend.Written 6 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was lucky enough to be in Cognac in June and visited this shop on the recommendation of a friend. I was not disappointed... it is a beautiful shop with exquisite things and proved to be a really pleasant shopping experience. Whether you are looking for a gift for someone else or want to treat yourself, you will be spoiled for choice in Ambre. There are objects and ornaments for the home, beautiful plants, pieces of unique furniture, and even some speciality chocolates, tea, and other edible gifts available. Everything on display has been carefully selected by the owners, Paul and Olivier, and reflects their own personal style and great taste. So, if you are in the area, I urge you to visit this lovely place. Janis, SurreyWritten 4 November 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- OK, so Cognac is very famous with many well known mega brands. If you're in Cognac, skip Hennessey and go next door and visit Fransac. The cognac is an absolute delight. If you're not a spirit drinker try their Pineau. If you like digestif's (as I do) try their Orange cognac, it's simply the best tasting alcohol I have ever tried.Written 9 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of lovely furniture, but great selection of small pieces and gifts. Worth a visit if you are setting up home or just looking for a special item.Written 31 August 2016
- Letuffe chocolates are a local delicacy (you can also visit the factory in Trois-Palis), and they have shops in Angouleme and Cognac.
The shop is a treasure house to a chocolate lover. Lots of different flavours, and they specialise in combining them with alcohol - either liquid or ganache. They cost around €12/kilo and you can choose your own selection.
A must for chocoholics.Written 29 April 2018