Points of Interest & Landmarks • Bars & Clubs
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
19 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We came across this pub on Wexford Main Street,while on a weekend there.
It looked like the liveliest place on the street,so we went in for a drink and luckily got 2 seats at the bar. There is outdoor seating also and barstools facing out a large window onto the main street,so good for people watching.
Bar staff are very good and there is a nice buzz to the place - an impromptu singsong even started up! Great craic!Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Me, my wife and brother popped in here for a couple last week and loved the pub. It had a good choice of beers, plenty of different areas, inside and out to choose from to sit and a really cool decor to add.Written 7 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic in every way. Great location, eco friendly, wonderful food and drink and the loveliest staff. I stay here when I am working in Dublin and I wouldn’t stay anywhere else now.Written 15 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went for the 1st time on Easter Sunday without a booking. They fit us in no problem. The atmosphere is lovely, they cater for all ages and the food choices were great. The staff are so helpful and polite and the Manager has everything under control and is very approachable. The food was delicious and we can't wait to return.Written 3 May 2022
- In Wexford for a midweek break and went there everday for the racing. Great pub, way out of the norm with big log fire, good porter and nice staff and customers with dogs etc.
Go there you will never forget it. Amazing pub.Written 28 December 2019
- Great pub. A 5 star 10/10
I get on well with all the bar staff they are all great genuine people
Service is fantastic
Great for music
No not rough at all everybody is happy going in there
I so recommend this pub to anyone visiting Wexford
Happy to call this my local!!!!!!!!Written 2 August 2022
- While touring around on our staycation decided to pull into Wexford for the night with no booking made. Quick search online we decided to call in to Jim McGee’s to see what it was like. We were sorted with a double room straight away by a very friendly host in the bar. The room was no frills but was just what we needed after a long and weary day exploring. A great price (cheaper to book direct with them) and the room was spotlessly clean and had absolutely everything you could need. Room only, they don’t do food but it’s very near the main hub.Written 17 September 2020
- The cheese rissoles in sharkies chipper and the large macs off the cooler in Mary's bar ,the ice cream in the harbour was amazing and the rocks were great for a walk and climbWritten 16 June 2022
- Stopped in for a few afternoon sessions with the missus. Nice atmosphere, very friendly barstaff and pints very good. Nice clean toilets and very welcoming place. Well recommended.Written 25 June 2019
- I had the pleasure of experiencing food, cocktails & crack at rathangan bar this weekend.
After hearing reports we decided to give it a go& are delighted we did.
We were out to celebrate our mams birthday on Saturday night, the service & friendliness from staff was exceptional.
Our dishes were served out promptly & there was plenty of beautiful food.
We decided to move to the heated outdoor area to enjoy some drinks& took to Curtsey bus home.
On Sunday we also had dinner & our faces were
not forgotten with the same smiles👌
Overall the standard of management, friendliness, cleanliness & hospitality were 10/10Written 18 October 2021
- "Best pint in town"
Visited to bar last week and found the Bar Manager Dean most courteous and very interesting but most importantly with the best pint in Wexford-will return soon.Written 15 January 2017
- Quaint traditional irish pub providing great food. Can recommend the fish and chips! Very handy if you are staying in the nearby Killurin lodge!Written 7 April 2018
- This was one awful kip and it certainly won't be missed. Dingy decor, poor food and even worse beer. Good luck and good riddance.Written 20 May 2010
- Visited here early one evening. Nice ambiance about the place, probably the most welcoming pub in the town of New Ross. Knowledgeable staff and good selection of beers and spirits to choose from. The place has a bit of character and good light chirpy friendly staff will ensure you feel like staying for a bit.
No food on offer, but fast food place just around the corner.
Very clean toilets look like a recent high standard renovation.
There are numerous tv screens showing sport, but placed subtly enough not to spoil your drinking.
I believe they do music most nights and it’s situated almost opposite the Dunbrody famine ship visitor centre on the Quay.Written 30 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Wexford
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nightlife in Wexford:See more budget-friendly nightlife in Wexford on Tripadvisor