Mountains • Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
26 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Definitely recommend this if you're in Sligo area. Park in Sligo Rugby Club & cross road. Follow the steps up then veer right up to Queen Maeve's Cairn. It's really well signed. Views are spectacular! Well worth the climb. Doable & not too strenuous!
So glad we did it.
Some off the most amazing views we've seen on a hike!Written 19 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This walk will not disappoint! The views are spectacular! At about 5km, this is an easy walk and will give you spectacular views of Benbulben and surrounding area.Written 26 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly scenic spot, with access to a really nice beach walk.
A few pub/ restaurants nearby, along with the main hotel, so a handy place for a lunch break.Written 22 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highlight of visit was the tour by a local guide, real eye opener re life in a big house, not so much upstairs, but below stairs in the servants quarters. Rest of estate was on a ' go your own way' basis. Only downside really was the cafe in the former stables. Service was fine and friendly but the cake we received was day's old and uneatable.Written 4 September 2022
- Easy to get to from sligo town, lovely places to sit and watch the ocean. Nice cafe and bars close by to eat. Plenty of parking available in nearby parking lot if none available right beside the beach.
Not ideal for swimming, surfing is popular.Written 2 July 2022
- Getting here is no joke. The roads are tiny and you feel like you're just leaving your car in a field. BUT it is soooo worth it! The signage isn't great so we didn't know if we could go through the gate or not - you can - but we enjoyed our walk anyway. It was cold and rainy and windy, but we pressed on, sharing space with all the sheep. I think part of the adventure was just not knowing where we were going or when we'd arrive. (We didn't see anyone else until we left and ran into the farmer who was tending his land and sheep.) The landscape was lovely and when we finally got to the top and found the tombs were were in awe. So impressive! We only investigated the first 2 because we were literally fighting the wind to stand upright, but it was worth it. This was one of the highlights of our 8-day trip!
(You can skip about 15 minutes of the walk each way by driving through the gate and parking a bit further up the hill. I think it took us about 45 minutes each way.)Written 20 June 2022
- Great car parking, coffee shop toilets and lovely pathway to the Waterfall. The Lake is beautiful, lovely area for picnic. Pity there is no walk around the lakeWritten 3 July 2022
- On our flight from JFK to Dublin, my partner and I were chatting with a woman who turned out to be from Sligo, and who was surprised we were visiting. She told us to visit Eagles Flying. My partner loves animals so we were already considering it, but she convinced us. We had a great time. You do not need to book, you just turn up at the appointed time (two sessions each day) and pay a very reasonable 15 euro. A staff member gives you a tour of the property, does the show with a good selection of birds, and then lets you into a petting area where you can meet foxes, pigs, bunnies, sheep and others. The staff here is enthusiastic and warm, the animals are very well looked after, and the setting is beautiful. We learned a lot and felt like each visitor got good attention. Do not hesitate - visit Eagles Flying and learn about their work!Written 25 September 2022
- On first ever visit to Strandhill heard there was a market on so decided to check it out and we really enjoyed it. Excellent layout and lots of outdoor seating. Would recommend.Written 11 June 2021
- This beautiful secluded beach Is great for swimming , sunbathing and walking.
Only 20 min drive from sligo.
Well worth a visit..its ideal for familiesWritten 13 August 2022
- We picnicked here on a cloudy day. Deep forest, a nice view up the lake, and shelter from the rain shower. An easy walk down to Lough Gill and a welcome escape from the narrow, winding roads.Written 30 August 2018
- Fantastic experience on Lough Gill!
What a great way to spend an afternoon with an excellent instructor, fantastic views and paddle on Lough Gill.
I had little experience but Niall made everyone feel very safe and comfortable. Such a beautiful way to see Sligo and from a very different view.Written 11 October 2022
- The tour was brilliant. We would highly recommend and look forward to joining Barry on a tour again soon.Written 21 November 2022
- I had family visiting Sligo and we booked Auriel for the Spanish Armada tour.
We loved this tour and the opportunity to discover the landscape, its history and the hidden sights through a local's eyes. There was tonnes of information, and the kids (6-13) all had a brilliant time.Written 29 July 2022
- What a great surf school! The instructors are friendly and encouraging, making the lessons really good for kids. Our son really enjoyed a relaxed beginners lesson in a nice small swell, with the super instructors Miguel and Abdul teaching him to catch waves. It was so good we came back two days later to bring his grandfather for his first surf lesson! Seamus gave us a fun and safe lesson, adapting his instructions for grandfather and grandchild, making sure everyone had a good day on the water.Written 20 September 2022