Mountains • Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
16 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Definitely recommend this if you're in Sligo area. Park in Sligo Rugby Club & cross road. Follow the steps up then veer right up to Queen Maeve's Cairn. It's really well signed. Views are spectacular! Well worth the climb. Doable & not too strenuous!
So glad we did it.
Some off the most amazing views we've seen on a hike!Written 19 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This walk will not disappoint! The views are spectacular! At about 5km, this is an easy walk and will give you spectacular views of Benbulben and surrounding area.Written 26 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Getting here is no joke. The roads are tiny and you feel like you're just leaving your car in a field. BUT it is soooo worth it! The signage isn't great so we didn't know if we could go through the gate or not - you can - but we enjoyed our walk anyway. It was cold and rainy and windy, but we pressed on, sharing space with all the sheep. I think part of the adventure was just not knowing where we were going or when we'd arrive. (We didn't see anyone else until we left and ran into the farmer who was tending his land and sheep.) The landscape was lovely and when we finally got to the top and found the tombs were were in awe. So impressive! We only investigated the first 2 because we were literally fighting the wind to stand upright, but it was worth it. This was one of the highlights of our 8-day trip!
(You can skip about 15 minutes of the walk each way by driving through the gate and parking a bit further up the hill. I think it took us about 45 minutes each way.)Written 20 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On our flight from JFK to Dublin, my partner and I were chatting with a woman who turned out to be from Sligo, and who was surprised we were visiting. She told us to visit Eagles Flying. My partner loves animals so we were already considering it, but she convinced us. We had a great time. You do not need to book, you just turn up at the appointed time (two sessions each day) and pay a very reasonable 15 euro. A staff member gives you a tour of the property, does the show with a good selection of birds, and then lets you into a petting area where you can meet foxes, pigs, bunnies, sheep and others. The staff here is enthusiastic and warm, the animals are very well looked after, and the setting is beautiful. We learned a lot and felt like each visitor got good attention. Do not hesitate - visit Eagles Flying and learn about their work!Written 25 September 2022
- Fantastic experience on Lough Gill!
What a great way to spend an afternoon with an excellent instructor, fantastic views and paddle on Lough Gill.
I had little experience but Niall made everyone feel very safe and comfortable. Such a beautiful way to see Sligo and from a very different view.Written 11 October 2022
- The tour was brilliant. We would highly recommend and look forward to joining Barry on a tour again soon.Written 21 November 2022
- I had family visiting Sligo and we booked Auriel for the Spanish Armada tour.
We loved this tour and the opportunity to discover the landscape, its history and the hidden sights through a local's eyes. There was tonnes of information, and the kids (6-13) all had a brilliant time.Written 29 July 2022
- Another great time with Daryl and Owen. Thank you for the catch of our lives so far! See you in 2023 ;-)Written 24 October 2022
- Still the original and best. Tom and Elisha are fantastic and we've had so much fun on our surf lessons. Would recommend for anyone visiting Sligo.Written 8 September 2019
- Had a great day with the lads from NthWest. They supervised The TriPeaks Challenge inthe Mourne mountains. The trek was well paced and the lads were constantly monitoring the group of 26. The lads were a hive of knowlege, good craic and professional.Written 1 June 2022
- Had an amazing time rock climbing with Conall! Suitable for all experiences as he offered a hard route and an easier option, he explained everything really well and spent a lot of time with us it was a great experience and one I would defo recommend to anyone! Thanks Conall for a great day!Written 1 August 2022
- Had an amazing experience surfing today. Great location and even better staff, very professional and thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely worth a visit!Written 28 March 2022
- We spent the May bank holiday in Sligo & booked a surf lesson for the Sunday morning. The location is perfect with ample parking & right beside the Strandhill Markets, bonus! There was a lovely relaxed atmosphere from start to finish. Tom & Abdel were friendly, encouraging & attentive and we never felt under any pressure. Tom took some photos too which was lovely. It was such an enjoyable morning & despite some sore arms today we all agreed we’d be back. We needed to leave a bit early & this wasn’t a problem. Wetsuits were in excellent condition with boots provided & the facilities were clean & hygienic. I’d definitely recommend to friends. 🏄♀️🙏🏼Written 6 May 2019
- I have had many sessions with Rebelle Surf over the past year, and based on my fantastic experiences with Mel, Michael and all the team, I couldn't recommend them highly enough! The instructors are professional, highly skilled and very safety conscious. Most importantly, they focus on helping children and adults alike to have the best time and to develop their skills through lots of genuine encouragement and personalised instruction. Mel has created a surf school that really cares about people... in and out of the water! You won't regret spending time in lovely Strandhill with the amazing Rebelle Surf crew.Written 14 August 2022
- Amazing kennels for your dog. My mind is always at ease when im travelling know my best pal is spending the day running around and playing outside with other dogs.Written 29 July 2019