- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- On our flight from JFK to Dublin, my partner and I were chatting with a woman who turned out to be from Sligo, and who was surprised we were visiting. She told us to visit Eagles Flying. My partner loves animals so we were already considering it, but she convinced us. We had a great time. You do not need to book, you just turn up at the appointed time (two sessions each day) and pay a very reasonable 15 euro. A staff member gives you a tour of the property, does the show with a good selection of birds, and then lets you into a petting area where you can meet foxes, pigs, bunnies, sheep and others. The staff here is enthusiastic and warm, the animals are very well looked after, and the setting is beautiful. We learned a lot and felt like each visitor got good attention. Do not hesitate - visit Eagles Flying and learn about their work!Written 25 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Queen Maeve's Grave may be found after about an hour long hike up Knocknarea. If you start on the rugby club side of the mountain the path take a picturesque tour through some trees while you balance on a raised wooden walkway. I nearly gave up a couple of times but the sense of accomplishment is certainly worth it. The views from the top are spectacular. Queen Maeve's Grave is a huge pile of stones and while not structurally impressive, I can't image the investment in manhours it took to erect.Written 29 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly scenic spot, with access to a really nice beach walk.
A few pub/ restaurants nearby, along with the main hotel, so a handy place for a lunch break.Written 22 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to get to from sligo town, lovely places to sit and watch the ocean. Nice cafe and bars close by to eat. Plenty of parking available in nearby parking lot if none available right beside the beach.
Not ideal for swimming, surfing is popular.Written 2 July 2022
- Who knew a seaweed bath with real seaweed leaves would be so relaxing and restorative? We arrived a little early and were quickly escorted to our space. Very clean, private, and secure. The staff was kind and knowledgeable. The bath was unexpectedly amazing!Written 26 November 2022
- Fantastic experience on Lough Gill!
What a great way to spend an afternoon with an excellent instructor, fantastic views and paddle on Lough Gill.
I had little experience but Niall made everyone feel very safe and comfortable. Such a beautiful way to see Sligo and from a very different view.Written 11 October 2022
- I had family visiting Sligo and we booked Auriel for the Spanish Armada tour.
We loved this tour and the opportunity to discover the landscape, its history and the hidden sights through a local's eyes. There was tonnes of information, and the kids (6-13) all had a brilliant time.Written 29 July 2022
- Myself, my husband and our 3.5 year old son had a wonderful afternoon trip on The Rose of Innisfree. Bernard and George were excellent guides - very friendly and welcoming, with interesting stories, poetry and history of the area and all while enjoying the beautiful scenic views on Lough Gill.Written 17 September 2022