Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
32 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 32
What travellers are saying
- Highlight of visit was the tour by a local guide, real eye opener re life in a big house, not so much upstairs, but below stairs in the servants quarters. Rest of estate was on a ' go your own way' basis. Only downside really was the cafe in the former stables. Service was fine and friendly but the cake we received was day's old and uneatable.Written 4 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fabulous market with a great selection of stalls, definitely well worth a visit. It’s great for home made baking and lovely hand made crafts. I particularly liked the stall that had a great selection of crocheted items.Written 30 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On first ever visit to Strandhill heard there was a market on so decided to check it out and we really enjoyed it. Excellent layout and lots of outdoor seating. Would recommend.Written 11 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was in Sligo for one month, the first week I was there I visited the Model and I found it fascinating. Recently they opened two other exhibitions and of course I had to go back and see them so I visited The Model one more time. The two new exhibitions are amazing and the cafè there is lovely. The staff is polite and very helpful. The building is completely accessible, with automated doors, a lift and corridors wide enough for wheelchairs.Written 14 July 2022
- We ended up spending nearly 2 hours here. You could feel the love of those who came before. The love for each other and for God, to create such a place of worship and contemplation. The Shrine to St. Joseph the Betrothed, of St. Anthony, and the holy relics of St. Oliver Plunkett and St. Teresa of Calcutta were the highlights for me. The stained glass windows are so rich in color. Currently, restoration is underway, and I was more than happy to chip in my 2 Euros toward the cause as the sign at the coin bucket asks.Written 28 September 2022
- This is a superb location for young kids, and older ones too no doubt. The trails are perfect for cycling. Go clockwise and follow the lakes edge, it's nice and flat for little legs. Plenty to see and explore here too, a lovely spot - highly recommended. Great parking at 'half moon bay'.Written 18 April 2017
- Visiting from out of country and saw tickets available for traditional Irish music concert. Bought tickets online easily. Website very good.
The theatre itself is very welcoming and has a welcoming quality about it. Staff are friendly and helpful. Theatre itself is very cozy and it feels like you are with close friends seeing a show together.
Really enjoyed our experience.Written 23 September 2019
- I spent a good hour here and learned a lot more about WB Yeats. There was a great deal of Yeats memorabilia around the place. The on duty staff, Yeats enthusiasts as well were really helpful explaining things I was unclear about. This was a good use of €5 and I hope this place continues to develop as it helps us to come to grips with Yeats’s life and times.Written 6 August 2022
- Trips can be mentally fatiguing, but I chose to go in to the County Museum since I still had time before my bus departed. Not much to see some would say, but I am so glad that I stopped. I saw preserved bog butter and some of the most interesting ancient keys I have ever seen. I wasn't any more tired after my visit than before, but I was surely more excited with my special finds!Written 4 August 2018
- Who knew a seaweed bath with real seaweed leaves would be so relaxing and restorative? We arrived a little early and were quickly escorted to our space. Very clean, private, and secure. The staff was kind and knowledgeable. The bath was unexpectedly amazing!Written 26 November 2022
- This church is built of dark grey stone that when wet gets even darker. So it is not one of the more beautiful cathedrals but nonetheless is impressive.Written 15 September 2019
- Lovely bar, great decor, not overly expensive, very clean and staff were very helpful, definitely worth a visit! Even with an 80 year old celebrating her birthday!Written 25 August 2022
- It was such a treat to talk with Michael and hear great stories while he worked. I love my carvings. Totally magical experience.Written 19 October 2022
- Best pint of Guinness in Sligo! We really enjoyed this historic pub and had a great craic with the bartenders!Written 26 November 2022
- Great pub.
Always great athmosphere. 👌💯
Great proprietor full of chat
Uisce Waters ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Written 27 August 2022