- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
42 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 42
What travellers are saying
- This walk will not disappoint! The views are spectacular! At about 5km, this is an easy walk and will give you spectacular views of Benbulben and surrounding area.Written 26 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Definitely recommend this if you're in Sligo area. Park in Sligo Rugby Club & cross road. Follow the steps up then veer right up to Queen Maeve's Cairn. It's really well signed. Views are spectacular! Well worth the climb. Doable & not too strenuous!
So glad we did it.
Some off the most amazing views we've seen on a hike!Written 19 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly scenic spot, with access to a really nice beach walk.
A few pub/ restaurants nearby, along with the main hotel, so a handy place for a lunch break.Written 22 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to get to from sligo town, lovely places to sit and watch the ocean. Nice cafe and bars close by to eat. Plenty of parking available in nearby parking lot if none available right beside the beach.
Not ideal for swimming, surfing is popular.Written 2 July 2022
- Great car parking, coffee shop toilets and lovely pathway to the Waterfall. The Lake is beautiful, lovely area for picnic. Pity there is no walk around the lakeWritten 3 July 2022
- A beautiful peaceful place which reminds us of how our faith was persecuted in the past and how the Irish people and their holy priests had to hold secret Masses putting their lives at risk. Hundreds of Irish priests were murdered as they are today in other parts of the world. We do not appreciate our freedom to practce religion enough. The site is beautifully kept, the stations of the cross, the altar and statues are all beautiful. 🔥🙏Written 29 July 2022
- Getting here is no joke. The roads are tiny and you feel like you're just leaving your car in a field. BUT it is soooo worth it! The signage isn't great so we didn't know if we could go through the gate or not - you can - but we enjoyed our walk anyway. It was cold and rainy and windy, but we pressed on, sharing space with all the sheep. I think part of the adventure was just not knowing where we were going or when we'd arrive. (We didn't see anyone else until we left and ran into the farmer who was tending his land and sheep.) The landscape was lovely and when we finally got to the top and found the tombs were were in awe. So impressive! We only investigated the first 2 because we were literally fighting the wind to stand upright, but it was worth it. This was one of the highlights of our 8-day trip!
(You can skip about 15 minutes of the walk each way by driving through the gate and parking a bit further up the hill. I think it took us about 45 minutes each way.)Written 20 June 2022
- Brilliant text service provided by the RNLI to advise safe crossing times. Beautiful wild Atlantic swim on Clancys strand on Coney IslandWritten 22 July 2022
- This beautiful secluded beach Is great for swimming , sunbathing and walking.
Only 20 min drive from sligo.
Well worth a visit..its ideal for familiesWritten 13 August 2022
- A fabulous market with a great selection of stalls, definitely well worth a visit. It’s great for home made baking and lovely hand made crafts. I particularly liked the stall that had a great selection of crocheted items.Written 30 April 2022
- On first ever visit to Strandhill heard there was a market on so decided to check it out and we really enjoyed it. Excellent layout and lots of outdoor seating. Would recommend.Written 11 June 2021
- Such a lovely waterfall and the walk to it is lovely a little bit tough but doable. It took about 40mins but so worth it when you get to the top. The views are just amazing, if u are taking a trip to sligo this is definitely a must do.Written 30 August 2020
- Hazelwood is beautiful in the fog! The walk takes about an hour - shorter if you are there for exercise; longer if you are taking lots of pictures.Written 26 November 2022
- Initially, we were only asking for the guided walking tour starting point and time. We ended up in chatting with Emma, an enthousiastic hostess, which gave us excellent recommendations. Although we've visited Sligo many times, and more to follow, she learned us so much more about her town.
For example, the website John the Map, which lead us to a small venue with outstanding trad music later that weekend.
The guided tour by David was also very entertaining. David takes you back in history without getting lost in years. We all know W.B. Yeats, but there are more interesting people and stories to be discovered. Very interesting to see Sligo having links to many other countries as well.
The group was pleasantly small, and included another Sligo man called John. He extended the guided walk for me and my girlfriend. No doubt, he will be a guide in the near future somewhere.Written 5 October 2022
- Great free parking and a pub within walking distance across a busy main road.
Good free access to the site , walking a short distance over a rough path.
Decent appearance as per pictures posted previously within a well maintained site.
Worth visiting if passing but 15 mins should be the max stay to see all that there is to seeWritten 12 July 2021