- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a really beautiful and peaceful walk around the stunning Lough Talt. The walk around the trail is beautiful and well done, the loop goes onto the main road which is dangerous and really busy so it might be an idea for families to just walk back along the trail. The views are stunning. The turn into the lake comes kind of suddenly and it’s narrow enough so take care. Plenty of car parking there too.Written 2 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pick a nice day and a picnic to make the most of this spot. But, like a lot of good things about Sligo it is not easily findable or sign posterd.Written 4 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was recommended by a friend to visit, very interesting experience and well worth travelling to. Entry into the mine itself is not a difficult task and could be undertaken by all ages, it is wet so leave your flip flops in the car, but I would say ordinary footwear is fine, I found it a little cold but others were wearing shorts. Guide Gerry was great, due to present restrictions a little hard to understand, masks visors etc, but felt completely safe during the entire experience. Lovely soup, sandwiches and coffee afterwards.Written 8 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a clearly marked and well maintained loop walk around the headland. It provides a real taste of the coast in this remote part of Ireland. It’s only about 4km/3miles. A few info boards provide all the local detail you’ll need to enjoy this walk.Written 15 June 2022
- Charming walking Area by restaurants & shops along the river in Sligo. Beautiful area on both sides of the river. Many pubs, hotels & bridges to cross from side to sideWritten 16 September 2017