- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
36 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travellers are saying
- Easy to get to from sligo town, lovely places to sit and watch the ocean. Nice cafe and bars close by to eat. Plenty of parking available in nearby parking lot if none available right beside the beach.
Not ideal for swimming, surfing is popular.Written 2 July 2022
- This beautiful secluded beach Is great for swimming , sunbathing and walking.
Only 20 min drive from sligo.
Well worth a visit..its ideal for familiesWritten 13 August 2022
- We walked the village loop walk, down by the river, to the clan castle and back. We got to see a friendly donkey and horse on the way out…watched the surfers negotiate big-ass wave at the pier and had a quick look at the history of the clan castle before we returned.
A nice quick, stop on the WAW.Written 15 June 2022
- I have circumvented this lough by bike and car and it really is a lovely part of the world. Care needs to be taken as some of the drivers I met don't think that there may be another car around the corner and the roads can be narrow. Worth doing though.Written 31 October 2021
- This is a really beautiful and peaceful walk around the stunning Lough Talt. The walk around the trail is beautiful and well done, the loop goes onto the main road which is dangerous and really busy so it might be an idea for families to just walk back along the trail. The views are stunning. The turn into the lake comes kind of suddenly and it’s narrow enough so take care. Plenty of car parking there too.Written 2 August 2020
- Pick a nice day and a picnic to make the most of this spot. But, like a lot of good things about Sligo it is not easily findable or sign posterd.Written 4 January 2018
- Was recommended by a friend to visit, very interesting experience and well worth travelling to. Entry into the mine itself is not a difficult task and could be undertaken by all ages, it is wet so leave your flip flops in the car, but I would say ordinary footwear is fine, I found it a little cold but others were wearing shorts. Guide Gerry was great, due to present restrictions a little hard to understand, masks visors etc, but felt completely safe during the entire experience. Lovely soup, sandwiches and coffee afterwards.Written 8 September 2021
- This is a clearly marked and well maintained loop walk around the headland. It provides a real taste of the coast in this remote part of Ireland. It’s only about 4km/3miles. A few info boards provide all the local detail you’ll need to enjoy this walk.Written 15 June 2022
- We were lucky enough to play this iconic course on a perfect day. It was thoroughly enjoyable though quite challenging and I imagine a true test of golf when the wind blows in the west!
Course was in great condition and the views are spectacular. Although it was busy, the speed of play was good.
A lovely pro’s shop so take your wallet!!Written 27 September 2022
- Charming walking Area by restaurants & shops along the river in Sligo. Beautiful area on both sides of the river. Many pubs, hotels & bridges to cross from side to sideWritten 16 September 2017
- Wonderful golf course with just stunning views everywhere you look round.
It was the first time 5 of my golfing mates ever played there, "it's just amazing they said". Course in wonderful condition and the day we played 16th May, windy, sunny, and a one big shower, perfect for links.
Awesome golf course for it's very acceptable green fee.Written 26 May 2022
- The tour was brilliant. We would highly recommend and look forward to joining Barry on a tour again soon.Written 21 November 2022
- Fantastic experience on Lough Gill!
What a great way to spend an afternoon with an excellent instructor, fantastic views and paddle on Lough Gill.
I had little experience but Niall made everyone feel very safe and comfortable. Such a beautiful way to see Sligo and from a very different view.Written 11 October 2022
- I had family visiting Sligo and we booked Auriel for the Spanish Armada tour.
We loved this tour and the opportunity to discover the landscape, its history and the hidden sights through a local's eyes. There was tonnes of information, and the kids (6-13) all had a brilliant time.Written 29 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sligo
- These experiences are best for outdoor activities in Sligo:
- Sligo surfing. Sligo. Guided. 3 hours
- Cycling Sligo. Sligo. Self-guided. Full/half day.
- Kayaking Lough Gill. Sligo. Guided. 3 hours.
- 3-Day Northern Ireland Tour from Dublin: Giant’s Causeway & Titanic Experience
- Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ultimate Tour
- These are the most romantic places for outdoor activities in Sligo:See more romantic outdoor activities in Sligo on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for outdoor activities in Sligo:See more hidden gem outdoor activities in Sligo on Tripadvisor