Art Galleries • Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I was in Sligo for one month, the first week I was there I visited the Model and I found it fascinating. Recently they opened two other exhibitions and of course I had to go back and see them so I visited The Model one more time. The two new exhibitions are amazing and the cafè there is lovely. The staff is polite and very helpful. The building is completely accessible, with automated doors, a lift and corridors wide enough for wheelchairs.Written 14 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a superb location for young kids, and older ones too no doubt. The trails are perfect for cycling. Go clockwise and follow the lakes edge, it's nice and flat for little legs. Plenty to see and explore here too, a lovely spot - highly recommended. Great parking at 'half moon bay'.Written 18 April 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Trips can be mentally fatiguing, but I chose to go in to the County Museum since I still had time before my bus departed. Not much to see some would say, but I am so glad that I stopped. I saw preserved bog butter and some of the most interesting ancient keys I have ever seen. I wasn't any more tired after my visit than before, but I was surely more excited with my special finds!Written 4 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been in several times when staying in town and they always have interesting and thought provoking exhibitions on. The curator deserves a pat on the back as a small exhibition space appears to expand to contain some wonderful and often very contemporary art.Written 19 July 2016
- Sweet because everything is homemade. We had scones and coffee cake. They were great. Coffee is delicious and it's proper tea..We didnt have mains but judging by the quality of the food we had I suspect it's great.
Ideal stop if you are travelling that stunning drive from Sligo to Ballina
Perfect if you are cycling and need a pit stop.
Staff are relaxed helpful and friendly.
Mysterious because it's called the Village cafe now and it's invisible online!
Easy to find. You reach the Ncf agricultural store and it's across the road.
Deserves to be packed! Go find it when it's still quiet.Written 9 September 2018
- Very nice gallery of Irish works, would reccomend a visit to the Castle Gallery, very talented local and International paintings with a wide range of styles and colours,Written 28 April 2016
- We went to the opening of "Lapse" by Páraic McGloughlin at the Hamilton Gallery, upstairs above the Cat and Moon Gallery and it was very special. I have been to other art exhibitions here and they are always very interesting and good quality artWritten 5 August 2019