- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- On first ever visit to Strandhill heard there was a market on so decided to check it out and we really enjoyed it. Excellent layout and lots of outdoor seating. Would recommend.Written 11 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hans and Gaby organised a very thoughtful and thoroughly enjoyable tour of some of Sligo’s most tasty cafes and restaurants. The venues chosen source their food from the local area with a clear food providence and an obvious delight in trying to produce the best offering for the tastebuds. To get to meet many of the chefs and owners was a real highlight.Written 14 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I booked my sister in laws hen party in Sligo on 27/07/19 through the Garavogue. Booking was easy and everything was arranged well in advance, looking forward to hassle free, fun packed weekend. Unfortunately things did not go as seamlessly as planed. We arrived at our hotel at 12.30pm, to our surprise one of the 3 rooms was ready early so we could unload all of our stuff in plenty of time for the Feehilys bus to collect us at the hotel at 1o’clock.
This is where the problems started. The bus didn’t arrive, at 1.15pm I rang the office, the person that organised our package didn’t work weekends and they couldn’t find the paper work to locate our bus. Our first activity, the crystal maze borda borg in lough key was booked for 2pm. It takes up to 40mins from our hotel and we had lunch plans after before a second activity at 6pm. At 2pm, the time we were expecting to start our first activity, we were still waiting outside the hotel, the bus was on route. At 2.15, and 8 seater and car pulled up, not a bus. The person who organised the hen came in on her day off, explained that the bus company had let her down but that we could all pile in, we would get to the borda borg and she had already phoned ahead to push the starting time for us. All in good spirits, we went with it, mistakes happen and it was fixed, hurray!
When we got dropped off, I asked if the karaoke at 6pm could be pushed back to 7pm, so accommodate the later start and give the girls the time they needed for getting ready for the night out. I was told the 6pm booking couldn’t be changed as the person who does it DJ’s after, but that they would ask. Needing to at least have an hour at the hotel before heading out, I asked that the bus be there to collect us at 4.30pm, which was I assured it would be. Having agreed that we would cut the first activity short, to keep the rest of the day on track.
The Borda Borg is fantastic, the puzzle rooms drive you round the bend, but its all in good fun and the group was back on form, enjoying the day. We got called from the centre at 4.20pm to ensure we left in good time and were waiting outside of the bus to arrive. Cutting it short was a shame but everyone was grand with the plan.
Surprise! The bus wasn’t there, the 8 seater we arrived in was still there but the driver nowhere to be seen. On ringing the office again I was told that the white 11 seater bus was still waiting in the car park for us …. There was no bus and the person in the office seemed shocked that we hadn’t gotten the Feehilys bus as planed on the way there, he wasn’t aware of the last minute change. Irritated I asked, how they were going to fix it and was told “I’m just the middle man, I don’t know” They then contacted the driver to return to the 8 seater. With 11 in a group, that wasn’t going to cut it, if there was no bus we needed another car as well.
At 5.15 pm the 8 seater driver and the event organiser arrived outside to say we were ready to go. They had been waiting inside Lough Key somewhere while we waited outside not knowing what was going on. Karoeke was booked for 6pm, it takes 40mins to get back to the hotel. The organiser said that she asked lough key what time we would be finished and was told 5.15pm, she had arranged for karoke to be pushed to 7, and dinner to be pushed to 8.30pm. Great stuff, that’s us back on track, except no-one told us the plan had changed. We agreed to be outside at 4.30, we were told the 6pm booking couldn’t be pushed, we were left waiting again. I appreciate the organiser coming in on her day off, and I accept that mistakes happen but this was a mess. Girls attending the hen were asking should we cancel the rest of the day, head to dinner ourselves and head out without having to rely on this service for the rest of the day. When I spoke to the organiser, explicitly asking why plans where changed without informing us, asking how we would have known otherwise I was met with excuses. Venders can let you down I’m sure, but it was your service we were relying on and bad communication had ruined our day so far. In a sour mood the journey back to the hotel was a quiet tense one, not the fun filled atmosphere needed of a hen.
Back at the hotel just after 6pm moods picked up, we didn’t have anymore bus transfers to go and everything was close by. Karaoke was brilliant, we would have loved to stay longer, dinner at Andersons bar and grill was fantastic. The blind Tiger and Garavougue were great venues with bubbly and reserved areas. The day was saved! Everyone had a great night especially the hen and we will definitely be back in Sligo.
Individually the activities, venues and food was fantastic and I’d recommend anyone to book them. Just book them yourself or through another booking agency. Things were supposed to be seamless by working through Garvoguehenstage.ie, but start of the day was a mess. The original mix up can be forgiven, but the lack of communication about how plans changed left everyone feeling rushed and out of the loop.Written 29 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.