- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
28 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Lovely bar, great decor, not overly expensive, very clean and staff were very helpful, definitely worth a visit! Even with an 80 year old celebrating her birthday!Written 25 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great pub.
Always great athmosphere. 👌💯
Great proprietor full of chat
Uisce Waters ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Written 27 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best pint of Guinness in Sligo! We really enjoyed this historic pub and had a great craic with the bartenders!Written 26 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Iconic pub, extensive menu and the food we ordered was top quality. COVID Certs were checked on entry, masks were worn whilst walking around and atmosphere felt very safe. Staff were superb. Great experience and good value. Thank you.Written 21 October 2021
- From 11p.m. live music - perfect! Otherwise good DJ who assures with the prompt bar service an enjoyable athmosphere. The saturday evening we visited, the Garavogue was full with henn night groups, which were very well entertained and integrated. Over all a great bar for dancing in Sligo.Written 15 September 2019
- Was in Sligo for work this week for the first time. Firstly the area is beautiful. Went to Connellys Monday night for the music and it's very easy to see why Lonely planet named it in Irelands top 20 pubs recently. Old & charmful with an incredible atmosphere. The music was outstanding. I was served by a guy named Peter (Callan). Such excellent professionalism. I honestly cannot wait to come back again.Written 27 April 2022
- This was an amazing surprise, went in while passing due to the rain outside and could not of been happier. The vibe and atmosphere was amazing everyone singing and dancing.Written 9 December 2018
- Interesting place, good beer, nice place to chill & watch the football. It is pretty old & it’s true that the bathrooms aren’t perfect but have another beer & you won’t notice. The bar staff were friendly & a good source of local information.Written 20 May 2022
- Called in with family and a lovely pub grub meal.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Great little find!Written 1 September 2020
- dropped into this bar on way back from Sligo to castle dargan The young bar man was very friendly and the locals made us feel very welcome. Great prices for the drinks in comparison with Dublin. Lovely décor and very clean.Written 17 September 2015
- This is a great venue good atmosphere,clean,great music from a big range of genres (check their facebook page for line ups),thursday and Friday 2 4 5 euro drinks (limited menu),sat happy hour 10-11 all drinks half price,even without the promotions a great place to be.Went in one night for 1 drink with some friends ,left at 230 after a great dancing and chatting been going back since (unfortunatly not as often as I would like ).A good mix of age groups all just enjoying themselves.I am looking forward to the next 80s night (hope the dj is an ant fan)as I hear they are the best craic .So my advice is for a great night out in Sligo which wont break the bank its hard to beat 5th on Teeling.Written 26 August 2014
- Called in here after a graduation ceremony at IT Sligo! There was a nice welcoming fire and the staff were welcoming. There was a buzz about the place and when presented with the quirky cocktail menu, the barman went on to tell us about the concept of it. Having sampled a variety of them including the virgin ones for the driver I would have no hesitation in going back!!Written 6 November 2019
- We were travelling through Aclare and called in at Joe Dans Bar.
The atmosphere was great, all the locals were so welcoming and made us feel at home.
The Guinness was the best I've ever tasted and the bar came alive around midnight.
It's minutes away from beautiful Lough Talt, which is well worth a visit.Written 5 November 2015
- Friendly bar staff who kept the Craig going through the fleadh. Good Guinness and you even get wi fi from the bar over the road!Written 18 August 2015
- Can’t say enough about mooneys called in before and after the match Jim the owner was very friendly aswell as the staff, lovely pub and great atmosphereWritten 20 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Sligo