Top Attractions in Tullamore
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We enjoyed our trip immensely. It gave us history and the science behind the production process as well as lots of samples. Be sure to designate a driver! Vividness and Clara were great hosts.Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had an amazing historical tour of Charleville Castle today. Samantha Kelly is an amazing hostess and guide, she is full of knowledge, wonderful sense of humour and a genuine love and care for Charleville Castle.Written 25 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our party, a family of 4 with children aged 7 and 10 hired bikes to explore the park . It cost about €50 for 3 hours. A little pricey plus car park at €5 but I think you could get away with parking elsewhere for free.
In spite of this the 4 of us could not have enjoyed ourselves more. The natural beauty, the sculptures, the quiet, the history and the freedom to cycle without worrying about traffic. It was blissful and fun, I can’t believe we had not heard of this place previously.
Younger children would enjoy the full size Thomas and Percy trains. There’s a fairy walk also which we didn’t get to but looks like fun. The trails are pretty flat so it’s not strenuous.
Overall it’s a great day out for all the family.Written 15 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Plenty of space and some decent park equipment, too. There's a pay-and-park place at the top of the park, so you've got a place to leave the car.Written 27 April 2022
- Great place for bikes or walking. Huge potential for campers and facilities. Car park is expensive 5euro a visit especially the things are now. This put people offWritten 19 June 2022
- Its been 2 years since my last review and i can happily report that the amenity is improving all the time. Additional Signposts, Dog foul Bins and other enhancements are in place.
Starting in Tullamore. To the West the Greenway now extends 15km to Pollough (The wonderful Lough Boora Parklands is accessible a further 12km along, but there is some work yet to be done to enhance the route). The route is rural. The surface is a mix of tarmac and dust track but is well maintained and suitable for walkers and cyclists of all ages and abilities.
To the East the greenway stretches to Ballycommon (6km) with similar underfoot conditions.
Since Covid-19 this wide open air free amenity is well populated and appreciated by all.
Plans to extend to Daingean (6km further East), Lough Boora Parklands (West) and Kilbeggan to the North of Ballycommon (partially constructed) are nearing construction (2021!).
Tips :- Bring a lunch and plenty of water for long strolls.
Toilets are not provided (yet!?), thus public houses in Tullamore, Pollagh (the Pull INN (lovely pub) and Ballycommon are your best bet for the time being if caught short (and to have a well deserving pint perhaps!).
Out of towners seeking bike hire can hire from Buckley Cycles or the Tullamore Cycle Centre both providing top quality new bikes at affordable costs.
Enjoy a trek/spin and spread the good word.Written 2 July 2020
- A great day to grab a bargain. Even though it was the last day, it was quite mucky. Nothing like getting your hands dirty. Wear old clothes. Great exhibits to entertain every age group. Great to see all ages and counties with Galway;s Joe Canning.Written 27 September 2017
- I am not very interested in history and only went to this lecture to accompany my husband! However I would have missed a veritable treat if I had stayed home.
The lecture was gripping, very well delivered, and so interesting. It lasted just short of an hour. Then there were some questions. These were well answered.
Sarah's style is very understated. She takes the audience in with her enthusiasm. I hope she is there again in the not too distant future. Bede sounds very interesting!Written 3 October 2017
- What can you say about Esker Hills? It’s the most friendliest, welcoming and courteous golf club in Ireland if not anywhere in the world. To Ray and all the great staff take a bow. All the guys in our group were stunned by the hospitality shown to us. Continued success to all in Esker Hills. Well done Ray & co.Written 26 June 2022
- Me and my mother went to Annaharvey for our ninth time and we were satisfied as always. The trainers were great and gave you the best tips for what you needed. They have really good and safe horses that always give you the best experience out in the fields and in the arena. The bed and breakfast was great as always with good rooms and great food. Everyone at Annaharvey is friendly and welcoming and always makes sure you have a good time. I really recommend Annaharvey for everyone that wants to develop in their riding and just have a great holiday.Written 6 November 2022
- Best pub in the world, the staff are very kind and will serve you anything you want,they are the best people everWritten 31 July 2021
- Have to say staff,from reception to restaurant, bar,housekeeping,spa were all so welcoming and could not do enough for us.food was fab from bar to restaurant,bedroom was nice and spotless, but bathroom was awful,needs doing up asap,as it is letting your lovely hotel badly..spa on entering reception looked lovely, relaxation room lovely now that were it ends Treatment rooms were the worst I ever seen,it was like a hospital cubicle with a exposed shower,horrible flooring and awful empty cold room. It wouldn't take much to turn these rooms around,some paint,picture, flowers and a change of flooring,WARM and nice smells,and put some nice doors or covering infront of the shower.treatments were lovely,but could not relax in the cold room,and that is what you go to a spa for.would definitely return to your hotel ,but will give the spa amiss till you refurbish the treatment rooms my friends also felt the exactly the same about the spa..Written 27 October 2019
- We booked this when holidaying in the midlands, and what a pleasant surprise. It was such an excellent activity for our two children (aged 3 & 1). Both enjoyed it on so many different levels.
Opportunities for the kids to dress up, play different games, engage in role-playing and use their imagination were a welcome break from the technological world we live in these days.
The owner/manager was fantastic. Greeting all the kids (and adults) wilt a smile and some friendly chat.
The place was spotless.
Will be revisiting again when in the area.Written 26 August 2022
- We called in at 7pm on a Monday night and had a drink in the small lounge which was quite full of locals one or two who were not let's just say on their first drink of the day , But the atmosphere was great everyone was friendly with lots of joining in with the songs on the pubs sound system, we quite enjoyed our visit and would certainly call in again.Written 13 November 2019
- Bikes in excellent working order, hassle free and reasonable priced.
Lots to see and very safe cycling for younger kids.Written 29 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tullamore
- The best outdoor activities in Tullamore according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Tullamore on Tripadvisor