7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The whole experience was top notch. Helena and Julie took great care of us. Kitty did a fantastic job coordinating. GORGEOUS scenery with vistas of Crough Patrick and beautiful natural beach ride. Don’t miss this experience if you are in Mayo💕 A wonderful forever memory.Written 12 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic! We did splat balling and the adventure challenge. It was such good fun. Highly recommended.Written 4 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My daughter attended Croagh Patrick Stables summer camp and was very happy to be its participant. She attended both beginners and improvers' camps and wanted to be back there again and again. There was much fun and communication with horses. And now we decided to take riding lessons.Written 1 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There were 4 adults and 3 kids from 8 to 13 and they were all able to participate.
Everyone had to work together to solve the puzzles
Everyone had a fantastic time.
Even younger kids would enjoyed the spookyness of it.
Would highly recommend.
Looking forward to trying the other rooms in the future.Written 30 October 2023
- Be honest! We have all been putting off catching up with family and friends since covid. We got used to our own company and skipping the annual gathering. Well no need to put off the family gathering, reunion with friends, stag/hen any longer. Collanmore island is the spot for you. Take the reins as the family social committee and Ciaran will not let you down.
I organised the stay for my extended family (Ages 11 plus) for a two night weekend trip in July. Just to firstly note that the island was well beyond our expectations (even though I had very high expectations in the first place). From the views to the massive hot tub. The bedrooms to the pub. Everything was amazing! I'm surprised Ciaran actually rents it out and just doesnt keep it to himself to live. I would never leave the island if I lived there.
Firstly, we started our evening with a family BBQ. After that we moved onto a few drinks with chats and games in the cocktail bar area and personnel pub! It was a late night to say the least. The next morning we had an amazing kayaking session which is a must do. Ciaran made it super fun by including challenges throughout and taking us around the bay. We spend the rest of the day lounging in the sun, enjoying the massive hot tub and hiking to the viewpoint. A few final jumps off the pier into the sea, our takeaway was delivered by boat for us all to enjoy before a few drinks around the camp fire for our last evening. If I have not sold this to you already as the perfect getaway for a big group there must be something wrong.
Ciaran and his team went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. They really went the extra mile. For example they went out of their way to get an extra takeaway for one of our family members that had dietary requirements. Special thanks to Nigel too that was brilliant helping our with the kayaking session and delivering our takeaway by boat!
We will definitely be back. A weekend that we will never forget. I know its always going to be a topic brought up at every family gathering. 10 out of 10 experience.
ClareWritten 19 August 2022
- Spent two days with Seamus and Fionn to complete the National Powerboat Certificate. The course is very practical in its presentation and upon completion, you realise that you have acquired skills that will prove very useful in boat preparation, boat handling, manoeuvres and the safety aspects required to skipper your own craft. I highly recommend Bellacragher Bay Boat Club and I intend doing further courses with them. Apart from the boating aspects of the course, the training area is spectacular - sea, mountains , wildlife - can’t praise the experience enough. Thank you Seamus and Fionn.Written 3 April 2023
- About a month ago myself and 9 of my family members (ranging from really young teenagers to 50s) went Coasteering. Some of my family members were wary about going and weren't sure if they would enjoy it, but by the end of the tour every single one of us thought it was the coolest thing we had done in our lives! Our guides were wonderful (Kristen and Brenda I believe were their names) and Louise was super helpful coordinating the tour for us. None of us had ever done anything like this before and the guides really made us feel at ease, and the swimming/climbing was not as hard as expected. The climb, swim, and cliff jumps were all amazing and we even got to swim through a cave at the end. I would highly recommend this tour and company if you are in the area, it's an experience you can't miss!Written 22 August 2018